1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Word on Josh Scott

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by wyobuff, Feb 18, 2013.

1. wyobuff

wyobuff Well-Known Member

Was having a lot of difficulty finding out what really happened to scott against ASU. Here's the article if anyone else is in the same boat (it seems like some are)

According to buffzone, he got a concussion during the fall (not shocked at all).

here's the link:

http://www.buffzone.com/ci_22610823/mens-basketball-cu-buffs-wont-dwell-tough-loss

2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Thanks, wyo.

I think we're mostly trying to figure out the severity. Kind of like how a sprained ankle can be something you walk off then ice & elevate for a night... or a high sprain that keeps you out for 4 weeks. We just don't know yet.

3. RalphieRunr

RalphieRunr Active Member

I talked to him today and he seemed pretty out of it. He also said that he WONT play against Utah.

Highlander likes this.
  4. Highlander

Highlander Club Member Club Member

Expected, but understood. Here is to JS getting better. Thank you for sharing.

5. buffgal

buffgal Club Member Club Member

That is a shame if Josh can't play against Utah. However, you can never be to cautious with a concussion.

6. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

7. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Oh ok fine, so RalphieRunr talks to him and everyone then takes it as fact, but no one pays attention when CVilleBuff tells them from hours before from 1500 miles away because his speculation never lies. I see how it is around here. :lol:

8. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Club Member Club Member

We have to have that game too but, your head hits the floor, not surprising.

9. CVilleBuff

Odd as it is, Utah and Oregon State are the biggest two games. We don't need 'big wins'. We just can't have 'bad losses'. A loss at Cal doesn't harm our chances, a home loss to Utah does in a big way. Obviously every win is huge, not just for getting in, but hopefully to boost seeding a bit, but let's just get ourselves safe first..

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  10. jcatcher

jcatcher Club Member Club Member

For a team remarkably free from injuries all season, the first big one comes at a good time. Only one game this week and it's against the worst team in the conference.

BTW, did anyone else know that the big Canuck who took down Josh has a brother who plays for Utah? I didn't until just now. Maybe we can send Ben Mills in to "sweep the leg!"

11. rolandftw

rolandftw Club Member Club Member

Have to take it slow with Scott. Imagine there's a good chance he misses a couple games, if not more. Tough break for him, and the team

12. jcatcher

The more I think about this, the more it seems like a good idea for the CUnit to prepare something special for this guy.

13. CVilleBuff

I know these things widely vary, but we're talking about 1 game in 11 days. Good chance we see him back by Stanford, but you're right that perhaps they decide to wait until the end of the month and he returns at Cal in our first game in March. A shame this had to happen during crunch time, but unfortunately these are the dog days of the season. Hope to see him back soon, but by all means whatever is best for the young man's health.

14. BuffAlum2007

BuffAlum2007 Well-Known Member

I sent them a tweet asking for just that yesterday...they haven't responded yet...

15. btbuff

btbuff It's an inside joke Club Member

Adams has a concussion earlier. He was out for a ridiculous amount of time. All of Europe trip+ if I remember. He also had a knee issue + all the other health issues.

16. wyobuff

wyobuff Well-Known Member

hopefully for josh he feels better, and it's nice that we've got a pretty long break while he's out. Unfortunately this sort of stuff is different for every person.
    As for jordan bachynski's brother, I heard that when we were in SLC - I kept wondering why the heck no one was going to the rim, and they mentioned it was the ASU guy's little brother. We dont handle bigs well, and it'd be a disaster if we got matched with one in the dance.

17. SuperiorBuff

SuperiorBuff Well-Known Member

The boy is the size of a paper clip, he must have sharp elbows.

18. SuperiorBuff

SuperiorBuff Well-Known Member

He shouldn't partake in any physical activities for at least 4 days after the last signs of the concussion are gone.

19. Buffenuf

Buffenuf massive tool

Lil Canuck averages about 3 mins. a game! Still, I like the idea of Mills stepping in and stepping up!

Time to shine on more than comic vids, Big Guy!

20. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

He has only played in 4 games total this season.

21. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

[tweet]303939928180543488[/tweet]

22. jcatcher

Huh? He's played in every game this season and started nine of them. He's averaging 4.5 pts and 4 rebounds a game.

23. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

sorry thought you were talking about Mills.

24. buffgal

buffgal Club Member Club Member

Exactly and I would hope for his future, the medical staff wouldn't clear him to play.