What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Offseason fluff, courtesy of Kyle Ringo

Quit with bringing former players/coaches back. Good god does no one remember 2011/2012?

I know you are 12 but the Buffs did have success having Barnett come in with some other guys. You wouldn't remember you were still pissing your diaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know you are 12 but the Buffs did have success having Barnett come in with some other guys. You wouldn't remember you were still pissing your diaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No. I remember. Don't give a damn where they went to school. All else equal, go with the Buff. But otherwise hire the best you can get, and I firmly believe we could get a better recruiter than EB.

I wouldn't be adverse to having EB as a special teams coach. I don't think he'd take the job, though. He's an NFL RB coach. I would tend to think that a college ST coach would be a step back.

Love his passion for the game and the program, though. That can't be duplicated. I think he was poorly placed as OC here. That's not a job that calls for passion.

No. I remember. Don't give a damn where they went to school. All else equal, go with the Buff. But otherwise hire the best you can get, and I firmly believe we could get a better recruiter than EB.

You had me until "...I firmly believe we (CU) could get a better recruiter than EB." EB was ranked amongst the top recruiters while here and at UCLA. That was more fluff than the whole article had.

You had me until "...I firmly believe we (CU) could get a better recruiter than EB." EB was ranked amongst the top recruiters while here and at UCLA. That was more fluff than the whole article had.
One of you will have a good memory on this. Didn't EB play a big role in recruiting and then running off both makisha and Darrell Scott? On that alone he was one of the better recruiters CU has seen in the last couple decades

One of you will have a good memory on this. Didn't EB play a big role in recruiting and then running off both makisha and Darrell Scott? On that alone he was one of the better recruiters CU has seen in the last couple decades

EB was with the vikings when darrell scott was on the team. maybe you're thinking of hagan.

That was also 10+ years ago? Who did he recruit while he was here? During his last stint her, he only recruited Henderson, Goodson, Powell, Kough, and Mosley that are still here. Sorry, not buying it anymore. It's not 2003.

That was also 10+ years ago? Who did he recruit while he was here? During his last stint her, he only recruited Henderson, Goodson, Powell, Kough, and Mosley that are still here. Sorry, not buying it anymore. It's not 2003.

Getting Powell alone to CU was a bigger competitive win against P5 conferences foes than ANY recruit in the Neinas era. Dude had offers from the Pac, SEC, and Big10. He had more P5 offers than all of Tony's recruits COMBINED.

Getting Powell alone to CU was a bigger competitive win against P5 conferences foes than ANY recruit in the Neinas era. Dude had offers from the Pac, SEC, and Big10. He had more P5 offers than all of Tony's recruits COMBINED.
That's setting a low bar. Powell was a good recruiting win, but look at the other players he signed. Wasted time and effort.

Now EB is being called out as a recruiter? :lol:
I must have missed all those impact guys he brought in. Excellent in 2003. Below average in 2011/2012/2013.

NamePosStarsHtWt40-yardVisitVideoHometown
Brent BurnetteQB
stargold.gif
stargold.gif
stargold.gif
6-3210Yuma, AZ
Jermane ClarkATH
stargold.gif
stargold.gif
6-21984.61/21/2011Oak Ridge, NC
Malcolm CreerRB
stargold.gif
stargold.gif
stargold.gif
5-112004.521/21/2011Pacific Palisades, CA
Stevie DormanQB
stargold.gif
stargold.gif
stargold.gif
6-42154.81/21/2011
mediaicons_video.gif
Somerset, TX
D.D. GoodsonATH5-81654.45/26/2011Rosenberg, TX
Rashad HallRB
stargold.gif
stargold.gif
6-01951/21/2011
mediaicons_video.gif
Oak Ridge, NC
Gregory HendersonDB
stargold.gif
stargold.gif
5-101801/21/2011Norco, CA

NamePosStarsHtWt40-yardVisitVideoHometown
Donta AbronRB
stargold.gif
stargold.gif
5-818712/9/2011
mediaicons_video.gif
Upland, CA
Terrence CrowderRB
stargold.gif
stargold.gif
5-102124.4812/9/2011
mediaicons_video.gif
Galena Park, TX
Jeffrey HallDB
stargold.gif
stargold.gif
stargold.gif
5-111801/13/2012LaPlace, LA
Gerrad KoughOL
stargold.gif
stargold.gif
6-527012/2/2011
mediaicons_video.gif
Pomona, CA
Marques MosleyATH
stargold.gif
stargold.gif
stargold.gif
6-117412/9/2011
mediaicons_video.gif
Upland, CA
Davien PayneRB
stargold.gif
stargold.gif
stargold.gif
5-112134.61/13/2012
mediaicons_video.gif
Perris, CA
Christian PowellATH
stargold.gif
stargold.gif
stargold.gif
5-1125012/9/2011Upland, CA

Great results IMO

Can you understand context at all? Digger is talking about EB coaching special teams, not the offensive coordinator position he could not handle in his recent stint. But hey, it is much easier to just say EB sucks and move on.

Can you understand context at all? Digger is talking about EB coaching special teams, not the offensive coordinator position he could not handle in his recent stint. But hey, it is much easier to just say EB sucks and move on.
I'm well aware of the context

'Tini and others arguments about the year are ridiculous. Kansas State is closing on recruits like it's the early 2000s. If you got it, you got it. Part of the key is winning. The only reason MacIntyre isn't being bitched about as much as he could be after a 2-10 season is low expectations. Those expectations are a minimum of 5 wins for almost anyone right? So fluff it up all you want. I like MacIntyre a ton and expect to see us in a bowl game this year, but if he can't get to 5 wins that means he lost at least 1 game in a weak OOC and could only get 1 win in conference.

And this subject may be on the fluff piece Ringo wrote, but it's an Allbuffs special negativity and crap will be thrown on it. There is always a yeah, but personality to life. Unfortunately, the greatness of a man MacIntyre is doesn't sell tickets. Wins do. Win small phase begins this year!

EB was an elite recruiter, but he's found a home coaching in the NFL.

from phone

Not everybody is cut out to make their living by flying around the country and sitting on sofas talking to moms and dads.

Yeah. Talk of him leaving a decent NFL job to take a special teams job at CU is absurd.

Agree. I think his name was being used as the type of guy that would be a good hire. Has the recruiting prowess, experience and can relate to these young guys. I want an EB type circa early 2000s. Hungry, angry and that brings in good players.

Back