What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Oh Those Piss Filled Balloons

Looks like he forget to mention the marshmallow-filled nails. :lol:

These fusker idiots troll our opponents boards spewing their pathetic bile? The expression "get a life" has never been more applicable.

No kidding. How pathetic do you have to be to search out a freaking Florida State message board to post some bull****?

Nice to see some Buffs fans representing though.:smile2:

I went to one CU game in the mid 90s and the only things bad I remember were the dirty looks. I was just a young kid and was with my dad.

I went to one CU game in the mid 90s and the only things bad I remember were the dirty looks. I was just a young kid and was with my dad.

We'll be sure to work on that next time. We have a reputation to uphold. You know the rep, that our fans are horrible to the opposing teams fans (a complete fabrication), and that we don't travel well (ask the 7,500 people who went to ASU last week or the 7,000 who went to Georgia if CU travels well).

Yep, we have a reputation to uphold alright. :huh:

I am still waiting till fusker fans accuse Buff fans of Piss filled nails:yeahright:

What about feeling like you are pissing nails?:devil2:

Seriously, where did this urban legend start? I joke about it a lot, but I have never seen the urine bomb thrown at an opposing fan, player etc. I did, however, see the "Sal is Dead, Go Big Red," T-shirts. I also saw another shirt in Lincoln before the 1990 game, that referred to Sal and his eternal destination. I do not care to repeat what it said. For the Huskers to claim such moral superiority is hypocritical.

Seriously, where did this urban legend start? I joke about it a lot, but I have never seen the urine bomb thrown at an opposing fan, player etc. I did, however, see the "Sal is Dead, Go Big Red," T-shirts. I also saw another shirt in Lincoln before the 1990 game, that referred to Sal and his eternal destination. I do not care to repeat what it said. For the Huskers to claim such moral superiority is hypocritical.

Holer fans will swear up and down it's all true and that it happened to someone they know (it didn't happen to them, of course) in Folsom. I've been going to Buff games since the early 80s and have never seen anything like that. But they don't let that stop them.

And the ones that always talk about how terrible Folsom is have usually never set foot in the stadium.

Funny they all talk about class. My roomate in college made it out to a Nebraska game, (he was dating a girl from there...long story, met abroad), he wore all his CU gear and he said he was in the middle of parents/alum section. Guys 60-70 years old were yelling at fans sitting next to him to punch him for wearing CU stuff, talk about ****ing class? And this is coming from the elders, you know this is going to be passed down. There's assholes anywhere you go so don't make a general statement about all the fans of the Buffs because of one incident. I've met plenty of fans from other schools, including fusker fans, that were cordial and just liked to talk football.

Funny they all talk about class. My roomate in college made it out to a Nebraska game, (he was dating a girl from there...long story, met abroad), he wore all his CU gear and he said he was in the middle of parents/alum section. Guys 60-70 years old were yelling at fans sitting next to him to punch him for wearing CU stuff, talk about ****ing class? And this is coming from the elders, you know this is going to be passed down. There's assholes anywhere you go so don't make a general statement about all the fans of the Buffs because of one incident. I've met plenty of fans from other schools, including fusker fans, that were cordial and just liked to talk football.

The funny thing about the holers class - the worst I've been treated in any stadium anywhere was in Lincoln in 1992. I was very happy to be there with a big (10+) group of friends, because that situation could have gotten ugly really easily. I was there in 1994 and 1996 as well. I was treated fine both times. But 1992 was a little scary.

The funny thing about the holers class - the worst I've been treated in any stadium anywhere was in Lincoln in 1992. I was very happy to be there with a big (10+) group of friends, because that situation could have gotten ugly really easily. I was there in 1994 and 1996 as well. I was treated fine both times. But 1992 was a little scary.

I agree about '92. I was at that game and had fusker fans charge at us with the goalposts saying, "Hey there's some CU fans!"

The fusker fans of the 90 and 92 games were bad. 90 was the banner over I-80 that said, "Sal is Dead, Go $&@ &%$!"

lol half of all your stories...including the husekrs ones...are full of ****. This is college football people. Bad **** happens at every game...get over it.

Usually the way you act dictates the way you're treated. I've never been treated bad at any game...because I don't act like an ass.

lol half of all your stories...including the husekrs ones...are full of ****. This is college football people. Bad **** happens at every game...get over it.

Usually the way you act dictates the way you're treated. I've never been treated bad at any game...because I don't act like an ass.

Re-read please

100% true. Granted, you'll get some ribbing and the students in any college town will unload on you. We made the mistake of heading to gate 4 at Invesco to get to our seats. Well, it was the entrance the CSU students were using to get to their seats. We were screamed and swore at and one guy was talking **** a foot from my face. 10 years ago I would have engaged this guy and talked **** back, but not now. I ignored him and he got bored with me. The thing was, I knew I was going to get **** talked to me as soon as I realized we were entering where the CSU students were and that it'd be rowdy. People typically enter Folsom through the south gates, especially visitors, and that's why I think you get the "omg, CU fanz ar!3 teh suck!

I agree 99%. The other 1% was the 1992 Halloween game in Lincoln. NU hadn't beaten CU since 1988, it was Halloween, and it was a night game. Drunk-assed people everywhere. I never act like an ass at someone else's stadium, either. And that was the only time I've ever feared for my safety at a college football game. Of course, I was perfectly safe by halftime when the rout was on...:wink2:

I've been to Lincoln 3 times, Austin twice, Collie Station and Norman, among many, many games at Folsom.

Went to see CU vs Texas A&M in 1996; CU wupped 'em. I sat with the Aggies students with a ticket I bought outside the gate. Never had a bit of trouble. The Aggies were totally classy during a bad beating.

Went to see CU vs Texas A&M in 1996; CU wupped 'em. I sat with the Aggies students with a ticket I bought outside the gate. Never had a bit of trouble. The Aggies were totally classy during a bad beating.

I have sat in Aggy's student section before. It's weird. They don't treat you badly, but that concrete pet cemetery gives me the creeps.

That's the one I saw in Collie Station, too. Not one bit of trouble for me, either. They are one strange bunch, though.

was it 95 or 97 we beat McElroy and ATM in Boulder. that was a great game, and a great overall day and night in my life....I'll just say. the stars aligned that weekend for your old buddy Mick. 95 wasn't it?

That's the one I saw in Collie Station, too. Not one bit of trouble for me, either. They are one strange bunch, though.

Pun intended I assume?
reveille.gif
:lol::lol:

Back