1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ohio St. is NOT an elite team

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Unleash Hell, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

Sorry but playing weak Ohio teams in teh OOC and then going through a weak conference in the Little 11 year in and year out does not make a great team. USC proved that tonight, and I loved it. Want to know what an elite team is? How about Florida, LSU and USC. The three teams who have beat the luckeyes by a combined score of 114-41. Drop tosu from the top 10 cause they aren't a top ten team. Hell I bet any team in the top 25 could beat them.

2. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

I know they got beat and probably would have still, but Beanie Wells is a big time player.. Ohio State's offense is just not good without him and a very young Pryor..

3. Unleash Hell

Game would have been similar with Wells in IMO. Luckeyes are overatted always have been. They are a good team, but no where near a great team.

4. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

If the NCAA came did their job then USC wouldn't be a top team for much longer either....

5. Unleash Hell

Oh and Wisconsin and Penn St will both beat tosu this year

6. RalphieMalph

RalphieMalph Well-Known Member

Beanie Wells is one of the most overrated players in the country. There are truly special talents (Adrian Peterson, Maurice Clarett, Reggie Bush... Darrell Scott :smile2:) and then there's everyone else. I've got nothing against the guy, but Beanie falls into the second category.

7. Unleash Hell

Are you sure?

8. Unleash Hell

:thumbsup:

Where was Beanie in the beatdowns to LSU and UF? Tosu is an overatted team.

9. unbiasedtruth

unbiasedtruth Well-Known Member

Maurice Clarett????:wow:

10. RalphieMalph

Good point.

Would have been nice to at least see a little effort. Any effort, for that matter. :huh:

11. RalphieMalph

I said "special talent" not "sane human being." Without Clarett, that '02 Buckeyes team loses at least 3 games, AT LEAST, counting the national championship.

Yeah, the guy had and probably still has plenty of issues, but he was an extraordinarily talented football player.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2008
  12. The Guest

The Guest Guest

I think it was 02. 01, I believe, was the year that Miami won it all...possibly the best college team to play the game.

96 huskers, my ass.

13. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

U$C

Last edited: Oct 3, 2009
    ladyblaise likes this.
  14. RalphieMalph

Edited, you're definitely right on that. I can't believe I'd get the '01 season confused with '02... Robert Hodge was a FAAAARRR cry from Dr. Pesavento. :doh:

15. Coloradosker

Coloradosker Active Member

You know, watching this game, I believe that there are a number of teams in the top 25 that would beat OSU and it's sad that we won't ever see that happen. It seems that almost anyone with a mobile QB and some decent WR's would take these guys. That would include teams like KU, Mizzou, Oregon, OU, S Fla, UGA, Fla, LSU, and BYU, just to name a few. OSU's offense is still effective in the ancient Big 10, but I look forward to the day that Michigan finally "gets it" in R. Rod's system and gives the sweatervest what for.

On a side note, if Pryor gets decent talent around him, they have a great shot at winning a NC, imo. The kid has got it and in the middle of this bloodbath, I couldn't help but admire the 18 year old in his first road game, on the biggest stage in years, looking completely comfortable. Just out there playing ball. Very admirable.

16. The Guest

The Guest Guest

fixed.

17. Coloradosker

Thanks!:smile2:

18. jrod212

jrod212 Member

its funny how hyped this game was. terrelle pryor did not impress.

19. Bornabuff

Bornabuff Club Member Club Member

At least now we won't have to hear the name Beanie Wells every 2.5 seconds on EPSN.

20. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

A spread option, freshmen qb on a team that is built for power football and not the spread isn't going to impress. Give him a few years as I think he really is going to be the real deal.

I did notice that they seemed to move the ball better with Pryor than they did with Boeckman.

21. Coloradosker

Yes, thank God. I was driving to a friend's house for the night to watch some of the games and had ESPN radio on. Instead of listening to score updates and news I was treated to 30 minute interviews of Tressel and Carrol. Both of them were asked repeatedly about good ol beanie and what they think it will mean for the game. Good god.

22. ladyblaise

ladyblaise Club Member Club Member

yeah leash. when it comes to usc and oklahoma, this board is ALWAYS sure. :lol:

23. zonabuff

zonabuff Guest

I'm no buckeye fan, but talking down Pryor at this point is silly. He certainly showed flashes of talent, the same thing people say about Scott. osu could still win the conference that can't count - it's as weak as ever. Wisconsin was very fortunate to win against Fresno St and I'll believe Penn St is back when they play a quality opponent. Will that happen this year? They have Temple and then their conference schedule.

24. BIGREDIOWAN

BIGREDIOWAN Well-Known Member

Thank god they lost, maybe they can lose a few more and we can have someone different in the National Championship game who might put up a fight! :thumbsup:

25. Unleash Hell

I'm sure that OU gets away with a lot too. They woudl probably be their ****ty selves like they were in the 90's if the NCAA busted down on them too.

26. 2HellNback

2HellNback Well-Known Member

Updated Polls:

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/polls

*Oklahoma moved up to #2, Georgia down to #3

But Ohio State only moved down to #13 in AP Poll, #14 in Coaches Poll, and #12 in CBSSports.com Poll.

And they'll move back up to 6 or 7 when they beat TROY next week...:rolleyes:

27. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

KU still #19 in all polls. Weird.

28. Rraalph 3000

Rraalph 3000 Well-Known Member

Makes sense to me....they went down the last play of the game on the road to another similarly ranked team

29. Rraalph 3000

Rraalph 3000 Well-Known Member

By the power of the Bye week, WVU finds its way back up to 21st....Who's ready to take these biznitches down!!!

30. ladyblaise

ladyblaise Club Member Club Member

that was the point, guy. this board is 100% certain that everything in the universe is awry in norman. uzis. satanic rituals. and million dollar poker night with the boosters. and with that certainty, a number of this board dream of the day that the sooners are smu'd

i suggest an email campaign and picket signs. and a you tube posted conference in front of the big 12 clock. they will know you are for real, dog. :nod:

:smile2: not to diminish your vehemence to anything connected to the university. whatever they did to you, i am sure they deserve your retribution.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2008