What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ohio St. is NOT an elite team

Saw this one today and had to :lol:
15g9tle.jpg

You guys are running your mouths about the Big 10 and OSU. Get your facts straight. Comparing D. Scott to Beanie Wells? LMAO dummy! Oh, and where was Beanie last year in the National Championship game? Oh...gaining over 100 +yards, first play to the house, can't help it Boeckman and the WR's didn't do theirs. What has the Big12 done lately? Oklahoma got blew out last year vs WVU.

You guys are running your mouths about the Big 10 and OSU. Get your facts straight. Comparing D. Scott to Beanie Wells? LMAO dummy! Oh, and where was Beanie last year in the National Championship game? Oh...gaining over 100 +yards, first play to the house, can't help it Boeckman and the WR's didn't do theirs. What has the Big12 done lately? Oklahoma got blew out last year vs WVU.

Arguing over Bowl records is fairly retarded, but how anyone can defend the Big 11 after what happened the past 2 seasons is absolutely beyond me. Get back to me when a Big 11 team manages to keep a BCS game close.

WVU was ranked #2 going into the final game of the season, btw.

Beanie Wells had 100+ vs. LSU and Ohio st still got their asses handed to them. Just like if he would have played against USC, Ohio St. still would have had their asses to them. It wouldn't have mattered he didn't make a difference vs. LSU and he wouldn't have made a difference vs USC. That was my point. What has the Big 12 done? Try Kansas winning a BCS bowl last year. Try Mizzou taking care of a good Arkansas team last year. Try the Big 12 has just aa many teams in the top 25 as the SEC and the top 5.

Last edited:

:sleep:

Beanie Wells had 100+ vs. LSU and Ohio st still got their asses handed to them. Just like if he would have played against USC, Ohio St. still would have had their asses to them. It wouldn't have mattered he didn't make a difference vs. LSU and he wouldn't have made a difference vs USC. That was my point. What has the Big 12 done? Try Kansas winning a BCS bowl last year. Try Mizzou taking care of a good Arkansas team last year. Try the Big 12 has just aa many teams in the top 25 as the SEC and the top 5.

That about sums it up. :thumbsup:

Who is this other person from the land of Luckeye? Do tell.....

Who is this other person from the land of Luckeye? Do tell.....

Ohio's been very helpful while providing insight/stats for Speedy.

I think he's wrong about the Big 10. The conference is down at the moment. That doesn't negate a proud tradition of good, solid football, and I certainly don't mean to suggest that the conference won't be back.

Two seasons ago the Big XII posted a pathetic 3-5 record in bowl games. Last year looked far better, and I think this season we can expect a solid bowl record, too. It's been a cycle for our conference--we were down, now I believe we are back.

I think the decline of the Big 10 became apparent when their three top ten teams all lost in the same week in 2005. It hasn't been pretty since. I guess MU had a nice win against the SEC last year. Otherwise it was pretty dismal for the conference.

Back in 1995 Colorado, nebraska, KU and KSU all finsished in the final AP top ten, a truly remarkable accomplishment! But these four teams were all part of the Big XII North and until last season the Big XII North was a bit of a laughingstock as a division. And rightfully, so, it wasn't very good. It used to be VERY good and it's becoming very good again.

It's all a cycle.

The Big 10, in my opinion has one or two very good teams, one or two good teams and not much else.

Again, it's a cycle. The Big 10 will be back, but you gotta admit when it's bad.

Ohio's been very helpful while providing insight/stats for Speedy.

I think he's wrong about the Big 10. The conference is down at the moment. That doesn't negate a proud tradition of good, solid football, and I certainly don't mean to suggest that the conference won't be back.

Two seasons ago the Big XII posted a pathetic 3-5 record in bowl games. Last year looked far better, and I think this season we can expect a solid bowl record, too. It's been a cycle for our conference--we were down, now I believe we are back.

I think the decline of the Big 10 became apparent when their three top ten teams all lost in the same week in 2005. It hasn't been pretty since. I guess MU had a nice win against the SEC last year. Otherwise it was pretty dismal for the conference.

Back in 1995 Colorado, nebraska, KU and KSU all finsished in the final AP top ten, a truly remarkable accomplishment! But these four teams were all part of the Big XII North and until last season the Big XII North was a bit of a laughingstock as a division. And rightfully, so, it wasn't very good. It used to be VERY good and it's becoming very good again.

It's all a cycle.

The Big 10, in my opinion has one or two very good teams, one or two good teams and not much else.

Again, it's a cycle. The Big 10 will be back, but you gotta admit when it's bad.

I will have to keep an eye out for the other Ohio poster. Hadnt noticed until now. I agree, everything is cyclical. Big10 isnt all that scary now. OSU looked baaaaaad the other night, but USC can make loads of teams look that way. Mich needs a P White guy to run the RR offense. He wanted Pryor bad I suspect. Wisc, PSU? Meh, good teams, not elite. I do wish the Big10 would have a CCG though, but thats just me.

Beanie Wells is one of the most overrated players in the country. There are truly special talents (Adrian Peterson, Maurice Clarett, Reggie Bush... Darrell Scott :smile2:) and then there's everyone else. I've got nothing against the guy, but Beanie falls into the second category.

You guys are running your mouths about the Big 10 and OSU. Get your facts straight. Comparing D. Scott to Beanie Wells? LMAO dummy!

Lets not get our panties in a twist. This is the only time that Darrell Scott is mentioned in the thread. Note the smiley face. Now take back the mean insult of calling him a dummy, you big Ohio meanie.

How many times will the Overrated State University get humiliated on national TV? I would think you guys would be trying to wash the Petey stains off your dresses right about now....

Back