What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ohio State Experience

View attachment 7515

...the OSU band making the CU block logo and playing Shoulder to Shoulder, a very classy act! The OSU fans were great. Only the stadium event staff were a-holes.

I heard the fight song and thought that was cool... also came to the CU sections and played it again after half time with a pep band. I didn't realize they did the block CU thing as we were only 4 rows up in the endzone... cool!

wisconsin did that when CU played there as well in '95 (played the CU fight song before the game). they even played it after the game when CU absolutly took them apart at camp randall. i was going to say that it might be a big 10 thing but i cant remember michigan playing the song at either game there.

never saw the pep band come by our section at OSU but, that is cool they did that!

wisconsin did that when CU played there as well in '95 (played the CU fight song before the game). they even played it after the game when CU absolutly took them apart at camp randall. i was going to say that it might be a big 10 thing but i cant remember michigan playing the song at either game there.

never saw the pep band come by our section at OSU but, that is cool they did that!

They did it once, in the endzone by the flagpole while they had the other part of their pep band going around the stands playing their songs.

I had no problem with the OSU fans, either, they were typically midwestern-gracious. We had a good weekend.

I still hope Ohio st never wins another game.

Oh Christ, it's not a big deal, Snow.

So what? Hawtie likes Marines...it's more like a fetish than a statement of anything meaningful. ****, I knew a dude that was really into ankles. Crazy for them.

Everybody has their own thing and for Hawtie it's Marines. They are like ankles to her, except they are killing machines that storm beaches, but otherwise the similarities are uncanny.

So what? Hawtie likes Marines...it's more like a fetish than a statement of anything meaningful. ****, I knew a dude that was really into ankles. Crazy for them.

Everybody has their own thing and for Hawtie it's Marines. They are like ankles to her, except they are killing machines that storm beaches, but otherwise the similarities are uncanny.

aren't the Marines a branch or part of the US Navy?

That's correct, Mr. Pot Stirrer, the U.S. Marine Corps is a branch of the Department of the Navy. They have a long history aboard ships.

You mean boats, right?

-- I'm a Guy On A Buffalo --

That's correct, Mr. Pot Stirrer, the U.S. Marine Corps is a branch of the Department of the Navy. They have a long history aboard ships.

LOL, Pot Stirrer... sorry my military knowledge is lacking and wanted to make sure I was correct that marines are sailors that storm beaches and are alot like ankles.... :lol:

Very true! Marines make my heart pitter-patter and fill me with awe, but only one will ever storm my beach!!!
:thumbsup:
LOL, Pot Stirrer... sorry my military knowledge is lacking and wanted to make sure I was correct that marines are sailors that storm beaches and are alot like ankles.... :lol:

um wouldn't say that out loud to a Marine. While USMC is a part of the Dept of the Navy (the MEN"S department), and my wonderful hubs is a Naval Aviator, he is a MARINE, not sailor.

Very true! Marines make my heart pitter-patter and fill me with awe, but only one will ever storm my beach!!!
:thumbsup:

um wouldn't say that out loud to a Marine. While USMC is a part of the Dept of the Navy (the MEN"S department), and my wonderful hubs is a Naval Aviator, he is a MARINE, not sailor.

Since we're on the topic of Marines, I'll add my admiration of the Corps. All of the services produce some great leaders, but in my observation the quality of officer developed in the Marine Corps is unsurpassed. One good Marine Col. (and Lt. Col.) after another. There are practically no bad Senior Marine Officers. I work well with their Senior Enlisted too.

But I disagree Hawtie, that it's the "Men's" department of the Navy. I disagree for several reasons, but among them is the badass women that the Marines cultivate. There are only two female Marines on our compound. I box with one of them, a captain, several times a week. She is a bad-ass boxer. She's tall and thin, but punches like a ton of bricks and her form and footwork are solid. She was apparently offered a pro-fight at one point, but amazingly (in my opinion) the Marines didn't approve the fight.

The other female is a 5' 1" Sergeant who teaches a martial arts class. She throws 200 lb. dudes around like rag dolls.

Since we're on the topic of Marines, I'll add my admiration of the Corps. All of the services produce some great leaders, but in my observation the quality of officer developed in the Marine Corps is unsurpassed. One good Marine Col. (and Lt. Col.) after another. There are practically no bad Senior Marine Officers. I work well with their Senior Enlisted too.

But I disagree Hawtie, that it's the "Men's" department of the Navy. I disagree for several reasons, but among them is the badass women that the Marines cultivate. There are only two female Marines on our compound. I box with one of them, a captain, several times a week. She is a bad-ass boxer. She's tall and thin, but punches like a ton of bricks and her form and footwork are solid. She was apparently offered a pro-fight at one point, but amazingly (in my opinion) the Marines didn't approve the fight.

The other female is a 5' 1" Sergeant who teaches a martial arts class. She throws 200 lb. dudes around like rag dolls.
Clear out your PM's.

Back