What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

OK, I'm going to defend Hawkins and you had better listen

Coach Mac's a great judge of character and that's what he is basing his support of Dan Hawkins upon. Take it as that and leave it as that. Disrespecting Mac is not cool.

Coach Mac's a great judge of character and that's what he is basing his support of Dan Hawkins upon. Take it as that and leave it as that. Disrespecting Mac is not cool.
As I said, no disrespect intended....Mac did unbelievable things in Boulder. But, that does not mean he has a clue regarding the current college football landscape.

As I said, no disrespect intended....Mac did unbelievable things in Boulder. But, that does not mean he has a clue regarding the current college football landscape.

Wasn't actually directed at you. And no need to repeat your same point.

Well, use the "Quote message in reply" feature so we know who you are directing to...

So hard to read tone in a post, but you're coming off as a total asshole.

I made sure to use the quote feature so you knew who I was directing that to.

So hard to read tone in a post, but you're coming off as a total asshole.

I made sure to use the quote feature so you knew who I was directing that to.
At least you understood my message. Good job!

Get real. So if we don't agree with mac it's disrespect? :lol:

Not at all. I actually disagree with him on Hawkins (as you know). But is there any need to post that he should shut up as if he's got no business voicing an opinion? That's disrespectful. And I posted what I did because I was hoping that saying something early would possibly get people to take a step back before posting something more inflammatory.

Not at all. I actually disagree with him on Hawkins (as you know). But is there any need to post that he should shut up as if he's got no business voicing an opinion? That's disrespectful. And I posted what I did because I was hoping that saying something early would possibly get people to take a step back before posting something more inflammatory.

I bet you screen the calls on coach simple jack's show so nobody offends his ego.

Seriously, no need for MAC to shut up his opinion is warranted more than most but hawk's dug himself a hole that he probably won't get out of. I'm anctious to see what happens saturday.

It sounds like you and LB think alike...

I bet you screen the calls on coach simple jack's show so nobody offends his ego.

You'd think that people would be smart enough to get through the screen.

"Yeah, um, I just wanted to tell Hawk how AWESOME he is and that I'm behind him 100%!"

I do have a job to protect.

And I assumed that anyone who was that syrupy sweet on Coach Juicebox couldn't be for real. So I put them on the air expecting a major flameout. Talk about backfiring. They actually were for real.:wow: All that was missing was the callers coming down to the bar to cup his balls.

Sorry, guys. :wink2:

And to think that I tried to post a thoughtful analysis to kind of counter all the idot stuff out there, only to have the idots take over this thread. :huh:

I evaluated his recruiting classes from '06 to '09. That is 4 classes, for you dumb****s that thougt it was three. Also, you have to remember that he inherited the classes preceding him which were the ones effected by the dumb assed recruitiing restrictions that Bitsy forced on GB. (Why GB played along, I'll never know.)

Anyway, here it is:

2006 had 22 recruits. The class averaged 2.64 of those dumbassed stars you dip ****s care about. But at least it is a way to compare. Of the 22 recruits from that class, 10 are still in the program. 8 Jrs. and 2 Srs. Remember, Dan had 5 or 6 weeks to pull this class together.

2007 he had 26 recruits. The class averaged 2.77 stars. Of THAT class, 15 are still in the program and every ****ing one is listed as a sophomore.

2008 had 21 recruits. The class averaged a whopping 3.24 stars! So, of that class, there is one senior, 10 freshmen and 6 sophomores! Not one single Jr.

Now, this years class. 2009. The class average dropped to 2.70. Not good. Of this class, there are 16 fresmen and one junior, Andre Simmons.

So, of all Hawk's classes combined, there are, at this very moment, 26 freshmen, 21 sophs, 9 juniors and 3 seniors. A whopping 29 of the kids are no longer in the program for various reasons.

3 seniors you dumb ****s! 9 Juniors! Of Hawk's first 4 recruiting classes, 1/3 have left and way over half are FR./SO.

My point is that it takes a helluva lot more than 4 years to build a program. Add to that the fact that GB's last couple of classes were hurt by restrictions and Hawk's first couple of classes were hurt by perception, and you have a really good explaination of where we are. The scandal killed this program. Don't forget that Diante Jackson wanted, with all his heart, to come to CU and his mom and grandma wouldn't let him because of their bias.

And now, a million of you dumb****s are ripping the program and Hawkins apart all over the internet. Sheesh! I'm exasporated. You people, instead of helping Hawkins out, are helping schools like 'braska bury us. Way to go.

Good post DBT I thank you for giving me a better perspective of things:thumbsup:

BTW, DBT, I think you can look directly at Cody Hawkins to see why Nelson and Ballenger left. Cody didn't run them off (I think Cody is a hell of a young man), but the fact that he's the starting QB and his dad is the coach is clearly hurting CU's QB recruiting/retention, IMO.

I dunno Rino, possible, but not certain. If someone is that good, they wouldn't be afraid of the competition. That said, here's an observation - (mods, no personal knock here) I like Cody's moxie and his knowledge of the offense, but his primary quaility is his accuracy, and that seems to have gone south this year. Perhaps it's time for a change at qb.......just sayin'.

Oh, and DBT - yeah I'm a dumbass fan. I realize that there's been some personnel turmoil the last few years. And I figure that scheduling a game 5 days after an emotional rivalry game probably wasn't too bright (thanx mr bohn).

But I'm still a dumbass fan. I still wanna win.......now. And that's not gonna change.

I dunno Rino, possible, but not certain. If someone is that good, they wouldn't be afraid of the competition. That said, here's an observation - (mods, no personal knock here) I like Cody's moxie and his knowledge of the offense, but his primary quaility is his accuracy, and that seems to have gone south this year. Perhaps it's time for a change at qb.......just sayin'.

Oh, and DBT - yeah I'm a dumbass fan. I realize that there's been some personnel turmoil the last few years. And I figure that scheduling a game 5 days after an emotional rivalry game probably wasn't too bright (thanx mr bohn).

But I'm still a dumbass fan. I still wanna win.......now. And that's not gonna change.
Very good! You've taken the first step! :thumbsup:

Back