What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

OK...our chances against The Ohio State U?

It's not the same OSU...
"The Buckeyes have appeared in every The Associated Press poll since Nov. 28, 2004. And for the first time in exactly 23 years, the Buckeyes lost a road game to an unranked nonconference opponent -- the last time that happened was Sept. 17, 1988, a 42-10 defeat at Pittsburgh in John Cooper's first season." - ESPN.com, Associated Press

Okay..I maybe more than anyone on this board wants your prediction to come true. The arrogance of these ohio and buckeye fans is sickening. Grown men walking around with nad necklaces and wearing shirts with a mascot that looks like a giant testicle. I had to endure these people for 20 years. Now it's even worse with having my wife and I having family members who graduated from osu and brother in law is a prof/teacher there now.

But me thinks cu might be a little razzled going into the shoe and with the way we start games, it might be over early second quarter.

I want to be wrong, i've been wrong before.

Ditto. While Ohio State is seemingly much worse than we previously thought - that was a mediocre Miami squad that completely worked them last night, but Miami obviously has some raw athleticism that we just don't come close to matching. Ohio State had ****ing 23 passing yards last night, and their players aren't used to getting their ass kicked like that so it will be interesting to see how they respond. That said, while they're not very good, we're heading into a BigTen environment to play in front of 102,000 fans while carrying an 18 game road losing streak. Hopefully the Buffs come out like they have in the past at Texas with a 'nothing to lose' attitude and are able to start strong. However, to win, the penalties and poor tackling would have to virtually stop, and there has been no sign of that happening yet. On the bright side, Bakhtiari will likely be back in action. I'm thinking 24-13 OSU - just seen our road act too many times before

It's homecoming of sorts for Rodney Stewart, Doug Rippy and Deji Olatoye.
I'm hoping our Ohio players have lots of fans in the shoe and that CU's Ohio contingency put on a show for the ages in front of their people. There's nothing I want more for Speedy than for CU to shake this road monkey in his own back yard.

That said, I'd feel more comfortable if the O-Line had some more depth, the team starts fast, the penalties disappear, and Hansen channels Kellen Moore.

While on the topic of monkeys and backyards, I suggest every dedicated CU fan consider catching the Roto Virus and drinking a six pack of this before the game.
6a00d8345250f069e2012875ceedf8970c-550wi

The best way to get the monkey off your back is by having the howling monkey flying out of your ass.
dont forget toney... a former michigan player who will get up for it

What is the point of making claims like "CU wins easily" when discussing a road game against Ohio State? Rofl. Some of you guys are delusional homers.

What is the point of making claims like "CU wins easily" when discussing a road game against Ohio State? Rofl. Some of you guys are delusional homers.

I can't imagine why there would be such people on this site. Crazy, I tell you.

If you are referring to my exact quote of that, it was obviously a joke as I said IF we started the second half. Fans like you that every post is negative piss me off. I hate fans that are obviously haters.

Last edited:
After watching some of the OSU/UM game yesterday, I think we have a slim chance. They're not that good. Certainly not as good as Cal, and we played Cal to overtime. Of course, the game is on the road, and we suck donkey balls on the road. I'd give us a good chance if the game were in Boulder.

We'll lose, but I expect it to be close.

This, now I do think the buckeyes could roll us, but they really have no playmakers. They just don't! If we were in tOSU's shoes after the Toledo and Miami games, we would be nervous about any team next. Road game is the difference in this one.

The biggest question in my opinion is how OSU will respond to a loss and frankly, two sub-par performances. If the vest was still coaching, I would feel pretty confident that they would rebound against us. However, I really do not know what to make of Fickell as a coach at this point, and I don't know if this is a team that might be ready to fold. If we keep things close going into halftime, I actually like our chances here; that's a big if though.

I feel like its 25-75 loss right now. OSU looks beatable, however we would need to play very close to perfect. If we start hot, I could see us winning. If we take our sweet ass time getting into this game much like weeks 1-3, it could get ugly. I don't see them throwing much against us, however their big rb somewhat scares me. There was one drive where they ran the ball 11 straight times or something like that. Coming off a road loss, I think they will be pissed off and try to do the same thing to our defense.

If we top 50 yards in penalties- loss
if speedy gets less than 100 yards- loss
If we lose the turnover battle- loss

However if all of those happen, I think there's a great chance we win this one. Get those bricks back!!!

just give it up, you aren't a buffs fan, as evidenced by your 1,436 ****** negative posts.

Realistically, this is probably as winnable a road game as we have for the rest of the year. UCLA looks pretty bad, but they have some good players and will probably be using an interim coach by the time we get there. Who's their version of Cabral, anyway?

The fact that Fickle just quit the game in the fourth quarter is indicative of a team that may lack a winning attitude. I doubt they come mentally prepared for us next week; especially with our record. If we play with intensity of yesterday's quarters 2-4, we have a shot. A long shot, maybe. I know I'm probably kidding myself, but think we win it because their offense is atrocious, their team and coaches don't believe in themselves, and we actually have some offensive weapons.

EDIT: Not surprisingly, their fans see us getting rolled. http://www.buckeyeplanet.com/forum/...623985-colorado-tosu-sept-24th-3-30-et-2.html
I hope we at least make them sweat a bit.

Last edited:
I just realized that, after five years of thinking we were just one big win away from turning it around, I now have post tramatic stress disorder.

Hansen missed three key throws today;

An early throw to Clemons in the first quarter
Dehan running up the middel on third and long
Toney Clemons on a deep route where he had two steps

At the end of the day he was OK, but he left 14-21 points on the field because he was off a little. That being said if Hansen gets in a groove early at OSU, I like our chances.

If we get the Hansen from the CAL game, and Speedy kills it in front of his family and friends, I think we have a shot. OSU is beatable this year. They have looked terrible in their wins, and looked awful in their loss. They arent the same OSU we all have known for the past 7 or 8 years. They don't seem to have the "It" factor. They dont believe in themselves. This game looks more winnable now then it did anytime in the past.

The line opened at CU +15. I have an OSU guy in the office who was saying in the summer the CU game was a lock, and they could beat us with their 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] string by 20+. Now he is scared and won’t even give me the +15 (‘home field is only worth 3’ is his direct quote). I have a few other OSU friends and they are all a bit nervous. At the beginning of the year all they would talk about is being 5-0 heading into the NU game and getting all of their players back. These are not fans use to early season losses, especially to teams that aren’t ranked. If the crowd gets muted, or even turns a little negative on the home team, this could be the little extra that CU needs.

I give us about 20% chance. Winning in the shoe is really really tough. I think this game does go down to the wire though.

Before anyone says it...I KNOW I'm on crack. But I think our chances next week are better than most people are giving it credit.
- Yeah, yesterday was kind of a hot mess in terms of playing disciplined football...but that game means more to CSU than any other game they play so they were pulling out all the stops.
- We lit up one of the Pac-12's best defenses.
- We held one of the most prolific college passers to anemic numbers.
- Ohio State does not look good...at all.
- Hansen finally got a taste of what it's like to truly be a leader which I think is going to pay huge dividends.
- EB has settled into his position up in the booth (and to be honest, I'm quite impressed with his play calling).
- The Buffs are DYING for a road win.
- But more than anything, I think OSU will be treating this game much the way we treated Montana State...especially with Michigan State coming up next for them.

we.will.not.get.our.first victory.on.the.road.at.the.Horse.Shoe.FACT.

anyone can beat anyone.

i think we have a small chance at a win. hawkins was the worst football coach in the history of CU football by a wide margin and he managed upsets of oklahoma, wvu, and georgia. sure, those were home games, but i would hope that a competent staff helps, to some degree, to compensate for the fact that this is a road game. yes, i am aware of the long road losing streak. the odds aren't great, but stranger things have happened.

Does anyone else get the feeling that this is similar to the scenario we faced when we played @ UGA in 2006? Tough environment on the road against a struggling powerhouse with QB issues....

It's definitely possible the Buffs pull out a victory, but it's quite highly unlikely that this'll be the game that ends our road woes. We'd need to put together a nearly perfect game, and I don't know that game 4 of the season is where that happens.

If we win, it'll be by a point or two and with the help of a handfully of fortunate turnovers. Low, low odds. That 15 point spread feels about right.

I'd feel a lot better about this game if we were at home. OSU is vulnerable right now, but can we pull it off on the road? I just don't see it. If we can't prepare all offseason for Hawaii properly, then we're not ready for the shoe.

Our MVP punter is regressing...

Is that true? Ted Miller had this to say today: "Honorable mention to Colorado freshman punter Darragh O'Neill who averaged 49.2 yards on six punts against Colorado State with a long of 56 and two killed inside the Colorado State 20-yard line." Curious how that is regressing?

Is that true? Ted Miller had this to say today: "Honorable mention to Colorado freshman punter Darragh O'Neill who averaged 49.2 yards on six punts against Colorado State with a long of 56 and two killed inside the Colorado State 20-yard line." Curious how that is regressing?

because Snow says so that's why

Back