What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

OK, upon further review....

Or you can look and see that in his second full cycle, recruiting is already on a major downturn. This is not a good class and there were no more than a couple 4*'s that were even remotely considering us right before the season started, let alone after this disastrous start which has Parsons questioning WTF he should do.
and what scares the hell out of me? kids these days are in a want it now generation...they lack the vision or really could care less if the program does good 6/5 or even 4 years later... Like queen said "I want it all and I want it now!...

and what scares the hell out of me? Kids these days are in a want it now generation...they lack the vision or really could care less if the program does good 6/5 or even 4 years later... Like queen said "i want it all and i want it now!...

----->you

and what scares the hell out of me? kids these days are in a want it now generation...they lack the vision or really could care less if the program does good 6/5 or even 4 years later... Like queen said "I want it all and I want it now!...
If I'm a football player or a college student, I absolutely care a lot more about how the program is gonna do while I'm in school. That's sort of the important part.

I don't believe you are being fair here. Of course they want to win. What's wrong with that? I want kids who want to win.

I don't believe you are being fair here. Of course they want to win. What's wrong with that? I want kids who want to win.
I agree. I am just saying kids would rather go to a team that is on top now, not be a building block. Besides that, turn on espn and see who is being talked about. That is where kids want to go

That song is 30 years old. Is wanting it now different than wanting it now, then?

I have a lot more faith in these players. They've been playing organized sports for years and years. That means they've lost plenty. They've probably understood Effort vs Success Ratios, and understood Good Teammates vs Bad Ones, too.

I also KNOW they were all promised a whole lotta sunshine being pumped up their skirts during the recruiting process - this is hardly ever a First-Date situation, too. It's piled on thicker and higher for months, probably years, by some programs. Embree didn't have that much time to 'win' these first year's recruits, but I'm sure he won their hearts and minds. Now, it looks like the commitment level isn't there.

I'll be watching to see how this changes over the season. This "Show up strong in Qtr 1, Roll over in Qtrs 2-3-4" says "Players are not prepared for putting out the needed effort." Uh. Coach? Coach?

I have faith that these players know some things. Keeping their commitment levels high, though... this has not been successful and this needs to be a team-wide leadership effort. Head coaches NEED to accomplish this.

Last edited:
I don't think Embo's the guy, but he should stay. Not sure about Marshall or Brown, but whatever.

A few thoughts on this team and improvement:

From prior years, we are much improved in penalties and special teams. Offense looked better than against CSU against a better opponent...IMO. Should be better against Fres, especially with Wood in the mix and maybe some changes to the O line. The defense is still horrendous and got worse last game. If they keep "grinding" it, maybe something will break and build some momentum. Not holding my breath...but with the season effectively over as far as a bowl game, gotta look for improvement...that's what I'm relegated to.

I have a feeling that after we get pasted again on Saturday, the restlessness will start all over again. I just can't see people being rational for about 48 hours after the game, myself included.

Even if 100% of us fans believe that, I don't think it will happen. The best we can hope for are staff changes.

Hopefully they turn things around, but if we go 0-12 this season, I think the decision may be made for the administration when they are losing hundreds of thousands of dollars a game in tickets/concessions/apparel, and staring down a significant loss of season ticket sales for 2013.

Hopefully they turn things around, but if we go 0-12 this season, I think the decision may be made for the administration when they are losing hundreds of thousands of dollars a game in tickets/concessions/apparel, and staring down a significant loss of season ticket sales for 2013.
I'm not sure about that just based on past actions from the AD/administration. It didn't seem to impact their decision to keep Hawk around the extra year. I don't have hard numbers, but I fail to see how that decision didn't cost them season ticket holders and negatively impact ticket sales/concessions/apparel.

The Denver Post article today pretty much summerizes the dicotomy of views on this board.

I'm not sure about that just based on past actions from the AD/administration. It didn't seem to impact their decision to keep Hawk around the extra year. I don't have hard numbers, but I fail to see how that decision didn't cost them season ticket holders and negatively impact ticket sales/concessions/apparel.

It is a different scenario. Benson was dealing with a state funding issue on Capitol Hill, and didn't want to cause a political backlash by paying a large buyout to the fired coach (which is completely asinine, but that is another story). Dan Hawkins buyout was considerably higher, and the fan base was holding pretty steady with all things considered. Finally, the admin had the Pac 12 move to energize the fanbase. They don't have that luxury this time.

I think the fallout from a continued disasterous season will be much more precipitous this time around. The Colorado fan base is far less tolerant, and Embree's buyout much cheaper. The AD is also in a much stronger financial position at this time. I'm not saying this will happen by any means, but I think it is a very good possibility if the season completely bombs.

Back