What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

OK, you are Mike Bohn. What do you do.

DBT

Club Member
Club Member
You smart asses.

What is your plan for this year and the future?

I don't think Bohn believes he will keep Hawk after this year. It looks like its over for Hawk. But, then again, we are 1-1 with two home games coming up. Do you throw this season in the trash and make a move? Do you "hope" Hawkins makes a miracle turn around?

There are two ways to go: Play it one game at a time hoping for a turn around, or say "**** it. I wan't him out of here no matter what." Fire him and appoint an interim coach.

i think you let Hawk bury himself so your job is obvious. not my preference, but that's how admins think. i think Hawk is finishing the year....fired no earlier than going 1-5 or 1-6 if the it's even possible for a mid-season hire/interim scenario....not only are there two games at home in a row, but 4 of the next 5. i've felt all along that the two most important games on the schedule are BU and Tech in Folsom. if those games are meaningless or CU loses them both....i could maybe see an interim scenario....which is probably Kiesau IMO.

Fire him this week.

I'd offer the interim job to Mac if he wants it. If he doesn't want to step into it with this timing, I promote Cabral.

I don't think Bohn believes he will keep Hawk after this year. It looks like its over for Hawk. But, then again, we are 1-1 with two home games coming up. Do you throw this season in the trash and make a move? Do you "hope" Hawkins makes a miracle turn around?

There are two ways to go: Play it one game at a time hoping for a turn around, or say "**** it. I wan't him out of here no matter what." Fire him and appoint an interim coach.

Is this a serious question?

This is probably the emotion talking, but I honestly think you sh*t can his ass right freaking now. It's abundantly clear that he is incompetent, and that any success he might have would be a fiction. If you know you're going to fire him, just fire him. Don't draw out the process.

But don't just fire him. Tell him that he's not welcome on the team plane. That movers will be sent to gather his belongings at the Dal Ward and his final check will be sent to him in the mail. He can buy his own plane ticket home.

Can him right now. BTW, not looking good for cu to go to pac12 in 2011. If this crap keeps up, cu may be asking the mwc for an invite.

Posted this on another thread. Gonna post it here.

Fire Hawkins now. This instant. Here is why...

This is gonna date me... That's okay. This is intended as an open letter to anyone who feels an ounce of pride in CU and its golden football tradition.

I remember lying on my folks' living room carpet by the fire listening to the radio the night the Buffs went into Death Valley and beat a #6 LSU team.

I remember fantasizing about playing for Eddie Crowder in my backyard on one of those amazing fall days in Colorado when the sun was shining and CU went to Columbus, Ohio, and upset a top-10 Ohio State team coached by Woody Hayes... Woody Hayes!!!!!!!!

I remember an incredible Christmas break when CU went to the Bluebonnet Bowl and beat Houston and Riley Odoms to join Nebraska and Oklahoma as the Big 8 swept #1, #2 and #3.

I remember being in Folsom the day in 1986 when Jeff Campbell ran that reverse - man, from where I sat the whole thing unfolded in slow motion - for a touchdown and your University of Colorado Buffaloes beat Ne-damn-braska for the first time in modern memory. We carried a piece of the goal post to Boulder Creek and tossed it in, watching it float downstream before heading on to the Harvest House where we drank with Husker fans who saluted the moment with true grace.

I remember Thanksgiving, 2001, when for one day a college football team helped me forget about watching 9/11 unfold in my backyard by smacking the absolute crap out of those same cornfolk.

Now, I just shake my head. Sucks to grow old and watch those memories fade under blowout loses and uninspired performances, twitter braggadocio and karmic philosophizing that rings hollow when game day comes around.

I hate to say it, but Dan Hawkins and the CU Buffaloes of the past two years have despoiled those memories and turned me into one of those old farts clinging to memories.

What an absolute, crying shame.

Bring back Mac as Associate AD in charge of football and let him rebuild the program, let him do whatever the f he wants to do.

Fire him this week.

I'd offer the interim job to Mac if he wants it. If he doesn't want to step into it with this timing, I promote Cabral.

Ding, ding, ding!
Winner, winner, CHICKEN DINNER!

Mac wants back but needs to assemble the staff. Fire Hawk now, name Cabral interim with remaining staff for rest of year. Meanwhile, Mac assembles staff including Embree and EB, and begins lights out recruiting.

Here's the deal...we need to have some sort of momentum going into the Pac after today's performance, we certainly can't claim momentum from the performance on the field. At this point, the only way it can be shown that we mean business going to the new conference is by ****canning Hawk and making the statement that we will not go into the Pac-12 dragging our tails with Hawk and this incompetent coaching staff.

The longer bohn keeps hawk around, the more fans and california alumni $$$$ he will lose. Every week he's on the sideline shows fans that CU does not care and will not commit to a winning program.

This is what I do, if I am Mike Bohn.

#1 - I get on the horn with the donors. All the people who supposedly were going to pony up the money in November - call them again. I make sure I have every penny I need for the buyout so NOT A DIME of the buyout comes directly out of the AD's budget.

#2 - I get on the phone with potential coaches. Bill McCartney is call #1. I would explain to McCartney that CU needs his help to recover from it's current hole, and I can't think of anyone better to move CU back to the right position than Bill McCartney. Eric Bienemy. Brent Venebles. I do not make any play for current BCS coaches because I know we have no shot at them. But BCS assistants are another story. I also wouldn't be afraid to call Mike Leach and find out if he's interested. I put out feelers for non-BCS coaches, like the guy at Air Force and the guy at Navy - both of whom I'd be interested in - but they're fall-back choices, not #1 priorities.

#3 - I take Benson and Distephano to lunch. I tell them, a change is coming, at the end of the season, or sooner if things do not improve. I tell them that if they try to cut out my legs on this deal again they can be looking for a new AD as well as a new coach. (The KU opening gives Bohn a LOT of leverage now)

#4 - I see what happens. Lose to Hawaii next week and I ask for Hawkins resignation, effective end of the year. (Hawkins will refuse.) Lose to Georgia and I announce publicly that Hawkins will not be back next year, and CU is immediately beginning a search for a new head coach. This action probably causes a lot of damage as the season goes along, but at the same time it lets recruits and donors know that change is coming.

One more thing, the sooner this is done the better, it's not too late to salvage something out of recruiting by building the right interim staff.

Changing coaches isn't going to save the season. Hawk and staff have screwed this team up so bad that no instant fix is going to make any difference.

That said, it all becomes about the future and the sooner the future starts the better. Get rid of Hawk, make Cabral interm, or give it to Kiesau who has the long term contract. See if Hawk has been holding him down.

To stay the same is to accept the decay and that is not acceptable.

Posted this on another thread. Gonna post it here.

Fire Hawkins now. This instant. Here is why...

This is gonna date me... That's okay. This is intended as an open letter to anyone who feels an ounce of pride in CU and its golden football tradition.

I remember lying on my folks' living room carpet by the fire listening to the radio the night the Buffs went into Death Valley and beat a #6 LSU team.

I remember fantasizing about playing for Eddie Crowder in my backyard on one of those amazing fall days in Colorado when the sun was shining and CU went to Columbus, Ohio, and upset a top-10 Ohio State team coached by Woody Hayes... Woody Hayes!!!!!!!!

I remember an incredible Christmas break when CU went to the Bluebonnet Bowl and beat Houston and Riley Odoms to join Nebraska and Oklahoma as the Big 8 swept #1, #2 and #3.

I remember being in Folsom the day in 1986 when Jeff Campbell ran that reverse - man, from where I sat the whole thing unfolded in slow motion - for a touchdown and your University of Colorado Buffaloes beat Ne-damn-braska for the first time in modern memory. We carried a piece of the goal post to Boulder Creek and tossed it in, watching it float downstream before heading on to the Harvest House where we drank with Husker fans who saluted the moment with true grace.

I remember Thanksgiving, 2001, when for one day a college football team helped me forget about watching 9/11 unfold in my backyard by smacking the absolute crap out of those same cornfolk.

Now, I just shake my head. Sucks to grow old and watch those memories fade under blowout loses and uninspired performances, twitter braggadocio and karmic philosophizing that rings hollow when game day comes around.

I hate to say it, but Dan Hawkins and the CU Buffaloes of the past two years have despoiled those memories and turned me into one of those old farts clinging to memories.

What an absolute, crying shame.

I am one of the old farts you reference.....and it is a shame. Cut our losses and move on now. The longer we wait to send this doosh packing, the longer the recovery period....

#1 - I get on the horn with the donors. All the people who supposedly were going to pony up the money in November - call them again. I make sure I have every penny I need for the buyout so NOT A DIME of the buyout comes directly out of the AD's budget.

#2 - I get on the phone with potential coaches. Bill McCartney is call #1. I would explain to McCartney that CU needs his help to recover from it's current hole, and I can't think of anyone better to move CU back to the right position than Bill McCartney. Eric Bienemy. Brent Venebles. I do not make any play for current BCS coaches because I know we have no shot at them. But BCS assistants are another story. I also wouldn't be afraid to call Mike Leach and find out if he's interested. I put out feelers for non-BCS coaches, like the guy at Air Force and the guy at Navy - both of whom I'd be interested in - but they're fall-back choices, not #1 priorities.

#3 - I take Benson and Distephano to lunch. I tell them, a change is coming, at the end of the season, or sooner if things do not improve. I tell them that if they try to cut out my legs on this deal again they can be looking for a new AD as well as a new coach. (The KU opening gives Bohn a LOT of leverage now)

#4 - I see what happens. Lose to Hawaii next week and I ask for Hawkins resignation, effective end of the year. (Hawkins will refuse.) Lose to Georgia and I announce publicly that Hawkins will not be back next year, and CU is immediately beginning a search for a new head coach. This action probably causes a lot of damage as the season goes along, but at the same time it lets recruits and donors know that change is coming.

Items 1 and 2 are fine, then your suggestion derails....

Well done Sir....

I am one of the old farts you reference.....and it is a shame. Cut our losses and move on now. The longer we wait to send this doosh packing, the longer the recovery period....

Unfortunately, firing Hawkins now doesn't change ANYTHING.

We still have the same coaches. Hawkins doesn't do anything but say silly sh!t to the reporters. He doesn't coach. He isn't calling the plays.

So fire Hawkins -- you've still got the same OL coach. You've still got the same defensive coordinator. You've still got the same special teams coach. And - to make matters worse - ALL of those guys know that their jobs are over in 3 months. So why bother?

Fire his ass right the fack now. At least let recruits know that you're going in a different direction. If you can put Mac in there, let him get started with convincing the recruits to stick around.

It's time to stop the madness.

Fire his ass right the fack now. At least let recruits know that you're going in a different direction. If you can put Mac in there, let him get started with convincing the recruits to stick around.

It's time to stop the madness.

:iagree:

Don't give the undeserving privilege of coaching this team another day.

We still have the same coaches. Hawkins doesn't do anything but say silly sh!t to the reporters. He doesn't coach. He isn't calling the plays.

So fire Hawkins -- you've still got the same OL coach. You've still got the same defensive coordinator. You've still got the same special teams coach. And - to make matters worse - ALL of those guys know that their jobs are over in 3 months. So why bother?

Honestly, I am getting to the point of not caring any longer. How bad is that? The CU adminstration does not care, so why should I?

The point isn't to fix this season.

The point is that it's time to move on. Delaying doesn't gain us anything.

Are you insinuating they are bothering now? They know Dan is gone at wrost, at the end of the season. At least the other way they could be auditioning for a new job.

Sometimes you just have to cut your losses and move on. Coach Hawkins just hasn't been able to put it together and it is time for the administration to acknowledge their mistake and cut him loose.

It would have been better if he could have turned this around but I think today's slaughter demonstrates that is out of the question. One has to wonder how many games we even really have a shot at winning this year? Cal kicked our butts and they are by no means among the nations elite. They will lose at least four games this season. How humiliating will it be to lose to Iowa State again? And after all the posturing that stinky little school in Waco raised over conference expansion there is a legitimate possibility we will add credibility to their ridiculous claims by losing to them too.

How long should the humiliation continue with Hawkins at the helm? If he is fired and a replacement or interim takes over this mess at least we have a decent excuse to explain the rest of this season. So DBT, make overtures NOW to the coaches the administration has hopefully already thought about. If ones bites, replace Dan Hawkins immediately. If not, name an interim before Big 12 play starts.

Are you insinuating they are bothering now? They know Dan is gone at wrost, at the end of the season. At least the other way they could be auditioning for a new job.

Yep. Last year they figured they were done after the Iowa State game and quit recruiting.* We don't need a repeat of that.

*Not Hagan. He bleeds black & gold and kept it going. Ambrose kept working the phones, too, since he was auditioning. Not sure why Cabral wasn't pulling any visits from Hawaii or his other recruiting areas.

Back