What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

OL news from Monday's practice

Darth Snow

Hawaiian Buffalo
Club Member
Junta Member
Bahk is back.
Munyer is day to day (sounds like he won the C job prior to the injury).
Dannewitz is preparing at both LT and RT for now.
Shawn Daniels is running, but still a few weeks away (Maybe back for UW).

OL has improved since the Hawaii game. Still think the talent is lacking overall to be an above average OL.

I am happy to see Tau has been serviceable since finally getting in. It was scary seeing a guy who was a 5th year SR never get any game action, made me think other than the practice and academic issues, could he actually play

I am happy to see Tau has been serviceable since finally getting in. It was scary seeing a guy who was a 5th year SR never get any game action, made me think other than the practice and academic issues, could he actually play

Tau it seems would be a better fit at guard no?

Bahk is back.
Munyer is day to day (sounds like he won the C job prior to the injury).
Dannewitz is preparing at both LT and RT for now.
Shawn Daniels is running, but still a few weeks away (Maybe back for UW).

Good to hear bak is back. If we can stay healthy from here on out, that would be a big boost. Too bad tuioti had the injuries and givens lost his head, could have a damn good OL.

When Marshall said Bakhitari was their best OL, wonder what miller thought of that.

Good to hear bak is back. If we can stay healthy from here on out, that would be a big boost. Too bad tuioti had the injuries and givens lost his head, could have a damn good OL.

When Marshall said Bakhitari was their best OL, wonder what miller thought of that.

Miller has been an under achiever his whole career.

Tau it seems would be a better fit at guard no?
Agreed, maybe. If you're thinking like I'm thinking -- Tau just doesn't quite have the footwork for T. Yet, there were a couple of pass plays were a smaller DE got in his chest and pushed him back, so the question is, does he have the brute strength for G? Not sure, but it does seem like a more natural fit for him.

Oh, a kudos to young mr Tau for coming in and performing last Saturday.

This. Always be cautious about the guys who talk about how hard they are going and how much they are going to dominate. I'm still waiting for Miller to show me something other than the personal foul reverse plop-down.

Miller has been surrounded by inexperienced or undertalented guys his whole career. Anyone who can handle Suh like he did is pretty good. I will say this again, especially at guard, you have to have guys around you at center especially who are at least serviceable. Otherwise you do not look that good. O-line is a collective persuit.

Tau is a big strong kid, but his feet are slow. I watched him at the spring game in '08 and wondered why he didn't move to DT. He is a huge dude and would be a load at DT, especially if they went to a 3-4. He has done well filling in and I am glad to see him get some PT.

Miller is a beast, but hasn't really shined. I do think he'll get a shot at the next level.

Miller has been surrounded by inexperienced or undertalented guys his whole career. Anyone who can handle Suh like he did is pretty good. I will say this again, especially at guard, you have to have guys around you at center especially who are at least serviceable. Otherwise you do not look that good. O-line is a collective persuit.

I'm coming around to WyoBuff's PoV, and not just because disagreeing with a human mountain terrifies me. Looking at the tape, Miller is pretty consistently beating down his man (even when he doesn't sit on them), and really looks great in space.

Anyone hear how the Linemen are grading out so far this year. I don't know much about the process but a lot is made out of it.

Anyone hear how the Linemen are grading out so far this year. I don't know much about the process but a lot is made out of it.

OFFENSIVE LINE STATISTICS
Play Count----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Total Season Totals
Player HAW CAL CSU OSU WSU STAN WSH UO ASU USC UA UCLA UTAH Plays GEB TDB
ADKINS .................. 58 82 66 206 5 0
BAKHTIARI ............ 7 — — 7 0 0
DANNEWITZ ......... 51 81 54 186 9 1
HARRIS .................. 58 51 — 109 4 0
HANDLER .............. 14 19 18 51 1 1
LEWIS .................... — 1 12 13 1 0
MILLER .................. 58 82 66 206 12 0
MUNYER ................ 44 63 48 155 5 0
TAU ........................ — 31 66 97 2 1
KEY: Play count in bold indicates game grade of 80 percent or better; GEB—Great Effort Blocks (knockdowns/downfield blocks/blown off the line/finishes); TDB—Touchdown Blocks (direct)
http://www.cubuffs.com/fls/600/gameday/2011/custats.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=600
Looks like they aren't issuing grades this year... but Miller is leading with 12 pancakes. Only Dannewitz (surprisingly) is close with 9. I have a feeling most of those pancakes are coming on screen passes though.

Don't know if it's coincidence or not, but the offense really started rolling when Tau came in to take over RT and Dannewitz moved back to LT...

Don't know if it's coincidence or not, but the offense really started rolling when Tau came in to take over RT and Dannewitz moved back to LT...

With Bahktiari back, I'm excited to see what we can do. I think Dannewitz is definitely gonna take that RT spot. Now, if only there was something to do about Adkins... sigh.

They are putting the figures in bold if they grade out at over 80%. It looks like Dannewitz was the only guy to do so in the CSU game.
I just don't see how Adkins is grading out that high. Every time I see a failed run play, I see adkins ****ing something up.

Back