What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2016 class Olympic sports signing news (1st signing period starts 11/11, Soccer 2/3, Regular 4/13)

AztecBuff

Club Member
Club Member
With tomorrow being the start of the early signing period, thought I'd start this thread to post any news (tweets, articles, pictures, videos, etc.) of future Buffs officially signing their National Letters of Intents (NLI's).

The main purpose of this thread is NOT to post news of newly found commitments, which is already found in the http://www.allbuffs.com/threads/recruiting-news-olympic-sports.101643/ thread . However, If any new recruits do pop up during the signing process, especially during the early signing days, I'll probably post them both places. Of course, if anyone else finds any news, they're welcome to also post here. Although I'm starting this thread right before the start of the early signing period, we can use this to report on signings throughout the whole year.

As noted in the above linked recruiting thread, signing dates for the Olympic sports are:
For all but soccer, Olympic sport NCAA formal signing periods are:
Early Signing Period: November 11, 2015 -November 18, 2015 (Same as basketball)
Regular Signing Period: April 13, 2015 - August 1, 2015

Soccer only has one signing period- Feb. 3, 2015 (same as football) through August 1st

So, the 1st official day of the early signing period is tomorrow (except for soccer), so hopefully there will be news starting tomorrow morning. That being said, with Veteran's Day being tomorrow, some/ many most (????) high schools may be off, so some future Buffs wanting to take part in their school's signing day may not be signing until Thursday.

For ease of reference, from the main recruiting thread, expected commitments for next academic year (2016/17) we know about so far that could be signing as early as tomorrow are:
(Note- it seems team sport athletes commit and in many cases sign much earlier than those in individual sports, so expect more individual sport athletes to become known and sign as the year goes on. Also, of course, circumstances change, so assume some verbal commits listed below below may not end up as Buffs.) :

Cross Country/ Track:
Buff XC and T&F 2016 only commitments_2015-11-10.jpg
Known to have Signed NLI- Boreman, Bayless
Additional signees- Giancarlo Narvarte (See post #5, high jumper), Sage Hurta (See post #12, cross country and middle distance), Nathan Pixler (See post #15, cross country and middle distance), Connor Dunne (See post #16, middle distance), Drianna Mustin (See post #18, sprints (400M emphasis?) and/ or multi-events?)

Golf (Men's):
None known

Golf (Women's):
None known

Lacrosse:
Buff lacrosse 2016 only commitments_2015-11-10.jpg
Known to have Signed NLI- Sutherland, Kingdom, Collawn, Mitchell, Mistretta, Nissen

Skiing:

none known

Soccer (as noted above, this is one Olympic sport for which players can't sign until later (Feb. 3rd)):
Buff soccer 2016 only commitments_2016-01-30.jpg

Tennis:
None known

Volleyball:
Buff volleyball 2016 only commitments_2015-11-10.jpg
Known to have Signed NLI- Spann, Klemmer, Dorrell

Last edited:
1st signing I could find for the Olympic sports. Official welcome to Justine Spann for signing to join Buff volleyball!

Last edited:
Looks like a 2nd volleyball player has formally committed- this one in what looks like a fun ceremony on the (always beautiful) Hawaiin Islands. Welcome to Lillie Klemmer formally joining the Buffs!

image9.jpg

image4.jpg

image5.jpg

And, looks like we may have the 1st Olympic sport commit I/ we didn't know about previously- track and field athlete Giancarlo Narvarte from Lee Williams High School in Kingman, AZ looks to have signed on as a Buff per the below tweets. Per Maxpreps, he looks to mainly be a high jumper, and already jumped 6'10" last year as a junior, so definitely seems like he could be a VERY productive Buff athlete as he develops his senior year and in college. (More detail will be put in the Olympic Sport Recruiting thread.)

Welcome to Mr. Narvarte joining the Buffs!

Last edited:
It looks like the 3rd of the 3 known 2016 volleyball commitments has probably signed per the below tweet. Congrats to Lauren Dorrell on officially joining the Buffs!

Finally got around to checking out Instagram searches, and found that Madie Boreman has committed to Buff cross country/ track. Welcome to the Buffs!

Looks like another cross country/ track runner has signed to join the Buffs- Sage Hurta from Hamilton Central High School in Hamilton NY. (More info on her high school track and cross country career to date will be added in the "Recruiting News" thread.)

Welcome and congrats on her signing!

The volleyball signees sound like great additions to the program! And the assistant coach on administrative leave got a shout out from Coach Kritzka.

A recent addition to the recruiting thread is confirmed by CU track twitter as an official signee- welcome to cross country/ middle distance runner Nathan Pixler joining the Buffs!

And, looks like another previously unknown 2016 signing for the track team, as CU Buff track tweeted out that Connor Dunne has signed with the Buffs. A senior at San Clemente HS in Southern California, looks like his main event has been the 800 meters in high school.

Welcome and congrats to him!

Last edited:
And, per the below re-tweet by CU Buffs Track, another previously unknown (to me) track and field commit/ signee- welcome to Drianna Mustin (from I believe North Canyon HS in Phoenix) joining the Buffs!
(As with others unknown in above posts, more detail will be put in the Olympic sport recruiting thread.)

Looks like Buff men's golf has signed 4 players, 2 each from California and Denmark! (Assume cubuffs.com article will be coming out soon with more details.)

Welcome and congrats to all joining the Buffs!

And, looks like we may have the 1st Olympic sport commit I/ we didn't know about previously- track and field athlete Giancarlo Narvarte from Lee Williams High School in Kingman, AZ looks to have signed on as a Buff per the below tweets. Per Maxpreps, he looks to mainly be a high jumper, and already jumped 6'10" last year as a junior, so definitely seems like he could be a VERY productive Buff athlete as he develops his senior year and in college. (More detail will be put in the Olympic Sport Recruiting thread.)

Welcome to Mr. Narvarte joining the Buffs!

Further info on Mr. Narvarte's signing with the Buffs can be found in the article attached to the below tweet. (He's the 1st athlete to sign a scholarship offer from his (young) high school.)

BUMP: Hopefully people see this bump when they wake up. Please give @AztecBuff some likes for all of his work here and to support our new Olympic Sport athletes! Go Buffs! I liked all of his posts (and the posts of everyone else) in the thread to give it a head start.

BUMP: Hopefully people see this bump when they wake up. Please give @AztecBuff some likes for all of his work here and to support our new Olympic Sport athletes! Go Buffs! I liked all of his posts (and the posts of everyone else) in the thread to give it a head start.

Oh, it's been my pleasure. (A way for me to vicariously live through other people who are MUCH younger than me and INFINITELY more athletic.)

Note- as posted in the OP, the early signing period is now over. Unless I (or anyone else) find another signing I missed from the last week, probably the next action in this thread will be when future soccer Buffs hopefully start signing on February 3rd. Go Buffs!

I’m mainly bumping this thread as I’ll hopefully be able to find signing info in a few days when the soccer NLI signing period begins in a few days (Feb. 3).

Also, I noticed I’d been missing some lacrosse players who’d signed, so went and performed a Google search, and found a couple more confirmations of future Buffs who signed last November.-
Jen Mistretta signed per http://www.immaculateheartnj.com/apps/news/article/518872

Annika Nissen signed per http://www.moorestownsun.com/2015/1...estown-seniors-committed-to-college-lacrosse/ .

Haven't found any evidence of official Buff soccer signings yet this morning. (All the potential signees are in the Mountain or Pacific timezones, so makes sense.)

I'm sure the coaches are all bouncing off walls this morning, and were obviously ready to go even yesterday evening!

Note- Per http://www.abqjournal.com/717296/sports/high-school-athletes-poised-to-sign-letters.html , It does look like 1 of the 7 young women I had listed in the OP as a potential future Buff may not be signing as a Buff, as the article says New Mexico product Jessie Hix is signing with the New Mexico Lobos. Best wishes to her wherever she ends up.
(Note- with the general dearth of information available on the non-revenue sports, who knows how long ago Ms. Hix actually committed to the Lobos. It could have been months.)

And I believe probably the top rated CU soccer verbal commit has signed. Welcome and congrats to Ms. Kornieck!

AztecBuff, when you have spare time and want to do some googling, take a peek at the Twitter account of CU women's volleyball. There are a bunch of players the account is following that say CU '20.

Also appears like they have unfollowed all fans as they unfollowed me. Every account they are following is directly related to volleyball.

AztecBuff, when you have spare time and want to do some googling, take a peek at the Twitter account of CU women's volleyball. There are a bunch of players the account is following that say CU '20.

Also appears like they have unfollowed all fans as they unfollowed me. Every account they are following is directly related to volleyball.

Thanks for the heads up. I did do a quick look at who they're following, and just want to double check- I'm only seeing one player with the CU '20 (Rachel Whipple) noted who I need to add to the recruiting thread. Did you see any others that are new commits?
(The commits we already knew about were Dorrell and Spann.)

Last edited:
And soccer formally adds another Buff from north of the border. Welcome and congrats to Ms. Shymka!

Back