What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

One last hope?

boydbuff

Club Member
Club Member
It just occurred to me amongst the doom and gloom on AB tonight where most seem now resigned that us fans are not going to be "rewarded" with a commitment of a new HC this year, that maybe we have one last sliver of hope.

If it is indeed true that the locker room is divided, that there are real perceptions of Hawk's guys vs. Embree's guys, etc. that perhaps if some of the players take that up with the administration, maybe something could still happen.

I know, or at least I hope, this case is different but that Texas Tech BB coach Gillespie got run out of dodge due to player complaints (although the public excuse was health reasons). I don't believe Embree & Co are abusive to players.

But I do believe there is a divided locker room. I also believe, although I have no idea what really happened, that Cabral is being pushed out because he may have stood up to Embree (more evidence of division).

Not sure if the Admin cares enough but if any of the players are already speaking to Bohn or are planning to it could impact the decision.

Then again, maybe not.

Anyone have any scoop on if any of the players have voiced concerns w/ the administration?

You think there's resignation? Oh young Paduwan - just listen to Buff Chips tonight, these assholes will be EN FUEGO!

And I use assholes in the most sarcastic and loving way possible.:smile2:

And while I'm at it, dammit mods! Put the :smile2: smilie on the initial pop up menu so I don't have to click again for it!

Yes, I paid yet another $15 a few days ago.

I have heard nothing to suggest that Embree is abusive. Let's nip that in the bud.

He's gone with a youth movement. Older players have been forced out. The older players who remain are friends with those guys.

Then you have all the losing which brings a host of issues with cliques and loss of unity regardless of who was coaching.

Players are in a tough spot in terms of complaining. Playing time and their scholarship itself is at risk if they rock the boat. If that included going over a coach's head to complain to administrators or media, then that's the type of thing that even hurts transfer opportunities. Look at Wazzu this year. The only guy willing to speak out was the player who will be getting a fat NFL contract in a few months.

Maybe more than that will be discussed on the airwaves tonight.

I was definitely not saying he is abusive b/c I have never heard that. I was just making the analogy to a recent dismissal of a coach due to conflicts with the players (at least that is part of what was reported by ESPN, etc.)

Today, Thanksgiving Thursday will probably be pretty silent so I guess we just have to wait to see how bad Embree's team stinks it up tomorrow at home against a bad team.

Back