What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

One (non-score) Prediction for Saturday's Game v Oregon

We all discover that Sefo's shoulder injury was all a ruse designed to shatter the hopeful but fragile psyche of the injured ducks. He lights up the bewildered and befuddled quackers for 370 yards through the air with the best play action passing success in years, thanks to the 180 yards of production from the ground game.

**** a duck.
I've been pondering this myself, is MM that devious?

This...
images

The Ducks get bent over.

We will get a fumble or pick at the end to seal the game up by a TD, Loguda will get another targeting penalty and leave the game in the 4th quarter.

We will get a fumble or pick at the end to seal the game up by a TD, Loguda will get another targeting penalty and leave the game in the 4th quarter.

Screw it. Let him get it in the 1st. Let the ducks know we came to play fast and physical. Really want CU to come out with a junkyard dog mentality.

Screw it. Let him get it in the 1st. Let the ducks know we came to play fast and physical. Really want CU to come out with a junkyard dog mentality.
I agree, I wouldn't mind seeing it early in the game....maybe even the hit on Royce Freeman. Obviously I don't want anyone to get hurt, it'll be a questionable call with a graze to the facemask....but he'll remember the hit and think twice after...even a second of hesitation helps.

I agree, I wouldn't mind seeing it early in the game....maybe even the hit on Royce Freeman. Obviously I don't want anyone to get hurt, it'll be a questionable call with a graze to the facemask....but he'll remember the hit and think twice after...even a second of hesitation helps.

Exactly. Obviously do not want any of our players actually targeting the Ducks. But if we happen to blow up a player and graze the facemask then so be it.

The pessimism is real, but I think a win against Oregon would certainly halt the MM bashing

Really? I think people have already made up their minds on Mac and no win is going to change that. They'll just make up some other reason to bash him.

Really? I think people have already made up their minds on Mac and no win is going to change that. They'll just make up some other reason to bash him.

The main complaint against HCMM is lack of wins. If he beats Oregon, then that starts to change.

Eh, I think most MM pessimists are fairly objective and just want to see him prove it on the field before giving their full support. There will always be a contingent of the fan base that have been sour on him from the beginning and won't change their opinion, but for the most part, a W against Oregon will silence the detractors.

If we beat Oregon, I'm not sure this fanbase will know how to react.

True. Everyone will be be happy for the players.

Skeptics may hold out for 1) beating a ranked team, 2) bowl eligibility, 3) ability to recruit better than half of our Pac12 conference peers.

While beating a down Oregon team will signal the first conference win in over 20 months, a victory in this game should not define the season any more than the Hawaii loss.

Speaking personally, this is a "show me" year, and the stretch goal is punching a ticket to a friggin bowl game.

If Mac delivers on that, he will have won me over. Anything short of that, and he'll continue to be on an increasingly short leash for 2016.

Eh, I think most MM pessimists are fairly objective and just want to see him prove it on the field before giving their full support. There will always be a contingent of the fan base that have been sour on him from the beginning and won't change their opinion, but for the most part, a W against Oregon will silence the detractors.
I think you are giving the Eyore and Salem contingents (the majority of Buffs' followers at the moment?) too much credit. A win, or even a good game tomorrow, and the band wagon lands some of the much-needed fair weather fans who liked the Buffs most of a generation ago, and piques the myopic interest of some new ones. Take it where you can get it, I say.

College football fans fairly objective? The next one of those I meet will be the first. Hahaha! From what I've seen, I think Nik might be the only one here who qualifies.

Back