1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One Player.

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Recruiting Central' started by FLounder, May 17, 2012.

?

If you could have one sign for this cycle. Who?

1. Marcus Lee

6.7%
  2. Isaac Hamilton

44.4%
  3. Jabari Bird

42.2%
  4. Jaron Hopkins

6.7%
  1. FLounder

FLounder The Buffs will rise again! Club Member

If we were to take one player this cycle who would you want most.

Goose likes this.
  2. BoomNog

BoomNog Club Member Club Member

I said Jaron Hopkins on a knee jerk reaction but thinking about it, if Hamilton or Bird wanted to come here we'd have to take them. My thing is that they are both very potential 1 and dones so while it would be great to have either of them on our team, I think Jaron would be a better addition for the long run.

That being said Hamilton and Bird are just a step above. I'd be hard pressed not to pick one of them (probably Hamilton) if I had the choice.

3. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Hopkins is probably my favorite "realistic" get along with Dakarai Allen. That said, any time you have a chance to get a top 25 player, that's a whole other animal. Top 100 guys are hard to get -- top 25 are BEASTS. These kids have had coaches talking to them since middle school. It's not easy. Both Bird and Hamilton are consensus top 25 players and would be huge for the Buffs -- not only talent wise but PR wise. Honestly, I voted Hamilton over Bird only because I think he's a little more likely. I'd kill to have either one wear the black & gold though.

4. mattrob

mattrob Club Member Club Member

I want a huge name in this class; the kind of kid who is going to force people to take notice, from opposing coaches to the media to future recruits. That's either Bird or Hamilton, IMO. Hamilton's probably a better scorer, but I like Bird's athleticism, playmaking ability and the reports that he's a team player- preferring to get his teammates involved than force the action. He'd be my top choice. And I take the opposite view as Goose, as I see Bird as more realistic than Hamilton. Bird seems to be targeting the PAC-12 and the conference champions should be in the mix here. The fact that he had a standing top-4 for months and then we pushed our way in says something to me.

Realistically, though, I agree that Hopkins and Allen are the most likely targets, and I'd be more than happy to land the two of them.

5. rolandftw

rolandftw Club Member Club Member

I went with Jabari Bird. His all around game seems to be ideal for what Boyle is targeting. Lee and Hopkins would be interesting selections as well. Hopkins is probably the most likely of those mentioned to commit.

Honestly would be pleasantly surprised if Isaac Hamilton committed to CU.

6. BuffLife

BuffLife New Member

Voted for Hamilton solely on the chance (slim I know) that his younger brother might want to follow in his footsteps helping us for years to come. One can dream right?

7. FLounder

FLounder The Buffs will rise again! Club Member

That may be your dream... my dream is to get Bird and Hamilton.

8. BuffLife

BuffLife New Member

Well obviously I think everyone would want that, but this poll's asking for if we could only have one for this recruiting class.