1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One Shining Moment

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by jcatcher, Apr 7, 2014.

1. jcatcher

jcatcher Club Member Club Member

I didn't catch the Buffs and I watched it twice. Where were we?

2. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

I saw a Pitt dunk but can't recall who the opponent was. Was it us?

3. cubuffs85

cubuffs85 Active Member

I saw UF/Pitt, didn't see us but I could be wrong.

I think every team should be featured even if it just for a millisecond. That said, not too sad if the Buffs didn't appear at all. It was really something I'd like to forget.

4. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

In hindsight, yes, it was a Pitt player getting postered by a Gator. No Buffs, but then again I don't remember us showing up for the tournament.

5. jcatcher

jcatcher Club Member Club Member

They always made a point of showing every team, even if just for an instant. Last year we got a half second of a Buff cheerleader at the beginning.

6. cubuffs85

cubuffs85 Active Member

That's what I would've thought and I've only seen it once, but I was watching for us and if we were shown it would've been at the beginning. Do they make a point of showing the Opening Round teams?

I was reading an article about this some years ago. And they were talking about how the initial cut was ~30 mins and they had to cut it down nearly 10% of that. And you have to withhold 15-20 seconds of that for the Championship Game.

7. NBDefektor

NBDefektor Well-Known Member

Well if you're going to cut just one team from the tourney, might as well have been us.

8. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Don't really deserve to be in when you don't show up. Not like we even provided anything other than being posterized and turning the ball over. Very, very hard to find anything we did for a highlight reel. Not sure we were in 2003 either, maybe for a split second. It's on youtube if someone wants to check

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  9. cubuffs85

cubuffs85 Active Member

[video=youtube;t8EvUVp_EO8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8EvUVp_EO8[/video]