1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One shocking statistic..

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buffalo Bob, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Buffalo Bob

Buffalo Bob New Member

Besides Rodney Stewart, no other CU running back touched the ball? Would love to ask the coaches why they couldn't have fit in a few carries for the other two guys and the fullback..
    Not saying it would make much difference. The holes weren't being made up front. That much is obvious to everyone.

2. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

0.6 ypc...I think that about says it all, and the OL is the problem. You could have had OJ Simpson, in his prime, pre-slashing form, and it may have 1.0 ypc. Or you or I could have been back there and it would have been about 0.2 ypc. At the end of the day, what would it matter?

3. phatmack

phatmack Active Member

I found it interesting too. I think that you and lefty are right though that it wouldn't have made much of a difference... Did they even play any other RB? I didn't notice. It seemed like Stewart was the only running back that played... does anyone have any stats on that? Did they bring in any other RBs on passing plays?

4. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

where the **** was tony jones...

5. Burrito Palazzo

Burrito Palazzo huff my smug Club Member

No one else got a touch.

6. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Club Member Club Member

I think the way the game was going dictated alot ot that. We didnt get anything going in the first half. Seemed like we were only punting and playing defense mostly. Down 17-0 probably isnt the best time to break in the young guys eventhough maybe one of them might have made a spark, who knows? Guess we'll never know.

7. Heywood

Heywood The actual El Guapo Club Member

stuart from cu at the game said something about others playing

oh here it is

A total of 11 freshmen made their debuts as Buffs, with two – cornerback Greg Henderson and center Daniel Munyer – earning their first career starts. Other freshmen who played against Hawai’i included five true freshmen: linebacker Brady Daigh; wide receiver Tyler McCulloch; punter Darragh O’Neill; kicker Will Oliver; and linebacker K.T. Tu’umalo. Other red-shirt freshmen to suit up and play included: holder Justin Gorman; tailback Tony Jones; cornerback Josh Moten, and linebacker Lowell Williams.

however I did not notice KT, tony, moten or williams

8. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

I didn't either. Special teams?

9. Drewdown

Drewdown Club Member Club Member

I saw Jones on special teams. Thinking it was kickoff actually. I would like to see them mix it up next week in Boulder. Jones looked good at the spring game but I have not heard anything about his performance since then.

10. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

Yep. Special Teams. He even covered the ball on a short kick off in the second half.

11. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

I also wondered why no other backs carried the ball. Not that it would've mattered much if at all. :huh:

12. btbuff

btbuff It's an inside joke Club Member

Less workload on Speedy. Maybe if Speedy remains fresh his runs are more power driven.

13. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

Tony Jones had a kickoff return...