1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One - Two Punch?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by dcbuffman, Sep 5, 2010.

1. dcbuffman

dcbuffman Member

Speedy looked good yesterday.

But, the Buffs are going to need a productive second back if they're going to succeed this season.

BLock? I'm not feeling it. He didn't do much yesterday. But, JT looks like he might be the real deal. Granted, his carries were late in the game. Still, I liked what I saw.

Anybody think BLock is going to contribute (other than as a return guy)?

2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

We'll find ways to use B-Lock. No reason he can't get a few carries a game and work out of the slot. I also would love to see him and Speedy in there together in the Jumbo package with some triple option action. Great thing about B-Lock is that you can split him out from that look and he's an effective WR.

3. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

We better hope that Stewart doesn't go down.

4. BuffSgt

BuffSgt Member

I love the look that Torres gives us...a big back with great vision. I think there is a place for BLock, but I want to see Torres worked into the game plan more in the future weeks. BLock gives us screen pass and empty backfield options, but he has not proved to me that he can run between the tackles like Torres and Speedy. I think all three will play a role in the offense, but I would like to see JT playing a bigger role after yesterday's performance!

5. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Meh. I was'nt that enamored with Speedy. As I said in chat, he dances way too much. I liked what I saw of Torres, but it was in mop up duty. Speedy only averaged about 3.3 yards per carry. I was, overall, very disappointed in our running game. We have some receivers who will scare the **** out of people. But I can't say the same about our running backs. Yet.

6. dcbuffman

dcbuffman Member

DBT - Speedy had 16 carriers for 68 yard, 4.2 yds/carry. JT averaged 5.2/carry.

I thought Speedy looked pretty darned good. Yeah, he danced a bit, but he found openings and followed his blocks pretty well.

7. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

My bad. I take it back.

For some reason, I wasn't enthralled with our running game. Must have been the 35 carries for 115 yards. Thats where I got the "3.3" from. Gotta do better. And I don't want to sound like a RS hater. I'm not by any stretch of the imagination.

8. bombay

bombay Club Member Club Member

I really like Rodney, but think they should get one of the Joneses some reps so they're ready if Speedy has to deal with injury. I thought we might see some Quick once the games result was obvious.

9. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

This. I think one of the other frosh backs needs to get some plays, if nothing else, to see the speed of the game.

10. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

Remember that the total number includes sacks and hansen took two huge losses on sacks.

11. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

I'm not ready to say BLock can't be a good back. They only let him run the ball when it was obvious we were going to run and CSU was sending 9 into the LOS. The other times he was in the game it was either a screen or they sent him out wide for an empty backfield look. I'd like to see him get an entire drive when it's not obvious what's going to happen before we write him off as an effective backup.