1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Optimistic

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by BeachBronco, Nov 30, 2009.

1. BeachBronco

BeachBronco Active Member

Looking at our returning starters, especially on offense, I am inclined to start drinking kool-aide now. If Hansen can get the time he needs we may end up with one of the best receiving corps in the conference next season with McKnight, Simas, and Clemons. I know in the defensive backfield we need to fix some things as well as rebuilding our linebacking corps, but up front will be strong. If we can get a new kicker and punter I could see us definately making some strides.

2. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

do not do it man. This team is all about 2 steps forward and 3 steps back. at best. Save the koolaid till after we see what (if any) staff changes occur. This offense will not run until the Oline gels, and this staff (or series of staffs) has shown no ability to do that.

3. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

Keep the koolaid.

4. DrunkPanda

DrunkPanda Active Member

lol! history tells us a few of those starters will transfer out and about half of the remaining starters will be backups next season for no reason. and hawkins will use the "we're so young" excuse again when we start the season 0-3

5. everydaybuff

everydaybuff Member

I drank the koolaid last summer, and I woke up with a huuuuge hangover this fall. I won't drink anything else until the Buffs saddle up, win something worthwhile and pop open champagne to celebrate...

6. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

although on paper, there may be reason to be optimistic with returning experience/talent ect, i have not one shred of confidence that this staff has any ability to coach up the talent to meet expectations, nor of thier decision making on game day to properly use the talent/put them in position to win.

if a new staff were coming in, i would think there would be great reason for optimisim. but, there is not a new staff on the horizon so i believe we need only look at the last 4 years to see what year 5 will be like. talent on the bench, suspect play calling/game planning, lack of adjustments and continued self inflicted wounds destroying any sort of chance to win games. you know.... the little things. :huh:

7. Highflyer

Highflyer Moderator Club Member Junta Member

We'll see

8. BinaryBuff

BinaryBuff mmmm...beer Club Member

I would love to let myself think that there is reason to be optimistic. There is a ton of talent returning and where we lose senior talent, I feel like the guys that should be replacing them could be as good or better. That said, this staff has proven to me that I should not be optimistic and that they will find a way to piss it away. For that reason, I'm expecting next year to be another atrocious year. They (the coaches and the players) have to prove it to me that they know how to win.

9. BeachBronco

BeachBronco Active Member

The season is over, bitterness will do me no good, only positive energy from here on out!!!

10. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

I think all of us, from the most optomistic to the most pessimistic feel pretty much the same in that regard. This staff and team have to prove themselves.

11. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

Exactly. Well said.

12. Swish

Swish Half a bubble off Club Member

I'm done with the Koolaid in the Hawk era. It's been tainted with fantasyland poison. If someone else wants to continue as the official taster that's fine.

I'm not going to be a Negative Nancy about this either. The decision has been made...he stays....fine. But from here on out Hawk gets judged strictly on results by me, not on possibilities or potential. Results in recruiting, results on the scoreboard, results in national respect. Just results. And I won't be easily [STRIKE]fooled[/STRIKE] impressed.

You're coach next year Hawkins....then do it, no more excuses or almosts.

13. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I believe this is where everyone should be.

I'm sure I'll be focusing on the positives and reasons to be excited for next season, but I won't believe we're a good team until I see it proved in the win column.