What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Oregon and Oregon State games this week are HUGE

jwhite17

Oregon is missing Artis, so they have turned the ball over 20+ times each game last week. Great news for us.

Oregon State 1-8, and I'm not sure if they have packed it in for the season, but I can see them getting up to beat both Utah and Colorado.

We need to win at least one game to keep our tourney chances alive.

I actually believe we matchup better with Oregon because they don't have a PG right now, and they are turning the ball over a ton, so we have an opportunity for a lot more possessions than we usually get on the road. More possessions = more scoring opportunities. I can see us winning 68-64 or something similar. They also like to play fast pace, so that suits our style of play. We have to come out ready in the first 10 minutes.

Oregon State will be tough because they can score lots of points and force turnovers with their length, and we won't be able to keep up. I can see us definitely getting killed in this one: 72-54.

We have the talent to beat both teams, but our team is so fragile and dumb on the road that I think our only chance is THursday.

Thoughts?

My thought is that this team is capable of sweeping the upcoming road trip, but their play on the road to date strongly suggests that they'll under-perform their ability by about 20% across the board... which won't be enough to gain a victory.

Best way to counter losing to a team with an RPI of 165 is beating a team like Oregon, #27, on the road.

Win. a. ****ing. road. game.

Oregon is vulnerable lately

Oregon State is the basement team of the Pac-12 and by far the worst coached. Robinson is horrendous.

aaaaaaand here come the black hawk helios

:lol: I'm just telling it like it is. Oregon State's talent level is far better than the results they get year after year. They're not world beaters, but they don't need to be in last, either. At least Bone from Wazzu has yet to have a losing season (until this year goes official in all likelihood). And Krystkowiak simply has absolutely nothing to work with, yet still has the Utes playing competitively and pulling some upsets.

Oregon is 14-0 at home and coming off two road losses will be looking to get on the plus side of the ledger with a win at home. I see beating the Ducks on the road as a tough proposition. Artis was out for the two road games but look for their ball handling to be better at home. I think they have a better shot against OSU but if they go 0-2 they will be scrambling to get to 500 by the end of the year.

Back