What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Oregon at home looks unstoppable

I'm not on board with the whole Nebraska has turned it around thing. Martinez had great success against defenses that don't show up. Nebraska has beaten a bunch of crummy teams and lost to an average Texas team. Where's the great success, except in scheduling?

I also disagree that both programs could hire whomever they wanted. Don't you think guys that can run programs in, say, Florida, Texas, and California that have the support of their administration AND recruiting heaven would likely prefer to go (or stay) there? For that matter, don't you think Pelini would leave Nebraska for Alabama if given the opportunity?

I'm not on board with the whole Nebraska has turned it around thing. Martinez had great success against defenses that don't show up. Nebraska has beaten a bunch of crummy teams and lost to an average Texas team. Where's the great success, except in scheduling?

I also disagree that both programs could hire whomever they wanted. Don't you think guys that can run programs in, say, Florida, Texas, and California that have the support of their administration AND recruiting heaven would likely prefer to go (or stay) there? For that matter, don't you think Pelini would leave Nebraska for Alabama if given the opportunity?

Ok, let's say they can't hire whoever they want. There is still no reason they would go after and then keep guys like Watson and Helfrich around if they were f-ing things up. If they were the problems at Neb and Duckland they supposedly were here, why are those teams winning? Nebraska absolutely wasted K-State, made them look worse than UCLA did last night. Are you seriously suggesting Helfrich is hauling in a hefty paycheck to stay out of the way?

And no, I don't think Pelini would leave Nebraska for Alabama. I actually think it's Pelini's wet dream to coach the Nubs and if he keeps winning he'll retire there. As much as we love to trash the Huskers, if you're all about football it's a plum gig.

IMO, Helfrich is not a real talented OC, and he's pretty much a glorified QB coach/OC at UO. Having said that, the reason he bolted may have been his frustration with having to find an O that a certain player could run, and chafed under those marching orders. Or it could have been he wanted to go back home. Obviously, if he was a problem at CU, he wasn't the only problem.

IMO, Helfrich is not a real talented OC, and he's pretty much a glorified QB coach/OC at UO. Having said that, the reason he bolted may have been his frustration with having to find an O that a certain player could run, and chafed under those marching orders. Or it could have been he wanted to go back home. Obviously, if he was a problem at CU, he wasn't the only problem.

Actually, in the end, I don't really give a rat's ass about Helfrich or Watson. But I do wonder about Kiesau. Could he be a real DI OC if his boss was DI material, too? Gotta say I don't know the answer to that one...

Actually, in the end, I don't really give a rat's ass about Helfrich or Watson. But I do wonder about Kiesau. Could he be a real DI OC if his boss was DI material, too? Gotta say I don't know the answer to that one...
It's hard to tell how good the punch can be when there is a turd floating in the punchbowl.....

Back