What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Oregon getting hit hard with NCAA sanctions?

Thanks for the laugh Buffnik! I love all the sources this time of year although I suppose its because there is no actual football being played and people have way to much time to speculate. Those look almost identical to what the UW moderator on scout has been saying for the past 5 months and so far he has been wrong 7 times (that I know of).

P.S. there is nothing wrong with Lyerla he is just having family problems (had a really tough time growing up) and DAT being in trouble is something completely new to me.

P.P.S. The University has not received any notice about possible sanctions and they would receive them weeks before they were handed down. That and the local newspapers are normally the jumpiest people on rumours involving Oregon and they don't even have any sources saying their are impending sanctions. Oregon will be punished sooner or later, but I have a hard time imagining it will be any where near the USC type sanctions.

Last edited:
well...if true, i say it's a bad thing for us. CU needs the pac-12 to be as good as it can be. the only way we get better is if our conference maintains its relevance and continues its momentum upward. i'm happy SC is getting back on track after their penalty, and i'd hate to have to give up one upper-echelon team for another...

No the way we get better is by beating lesser opponents to at least get bowl eligible and then recruits well enough to play with the big boys. I'm ****ing tired of be a ****ing DOORMAT!

Thanks for the laugh Buffnik! I love all the sources this time of year although I suppose its because there is no actual football being played and people have way to much time to speculate. Those look almost identical to what the UW moderator on scout has been saying for the past 5 months and so far he has been wrong 7 times (that I know of). That and the local newspapers are normally the jumpiest people on rumours involving Oregon and they don't even have any sources saying their are impending sanctions. Oregon will be punished sooner or later, but I have a hard time imagining it will be any where near the USC type sanctions.

Duckie! How'd you get that red star above your rep count...you little tramp. 3 Olympic medals this year? Weak sauce...

Duckie! How'd you get that red star above your rep count...you little tramp. 3 Olympic medals this year? Weak sauce...

Well you should have no problem catching me since I will have very little time to post. I suppose working 2 jobs is not the best idea, but when they pay $28 and $42 an hour its hard to pass up the opportunity. I know the 3 olympic medals sucks, but at least the local kid Ashton Eaton won his medal which is all I cared about.

Well you should have no problem catching me since I will have very little time to post. I suppose working 2 jobs is not the best idea, but when they pay $28 and $42 an hour its hard to pass up the opportunity. I know the 3 olympic medals sucks, but at least the local kid Ashton Eaton won his medal which is all I cared about.
roughneckin?

Isn't the duck kicking your ass based on the endless stream of pictures he's provided? He's a rep whore but he's a generous rep whore.

Local talking heads (Isaac and Suke, who I actually like) covered the twiterverse and the rumors today. They could mostly dismiss it except for the guy Buffnik quoted above. Seems like he's the only ostensibly professional source who is not just retweeting this news. Basically their stance was that they'd be nervous if they were a duck fan but take it with a big grain of salt so far.

Welp.

Just heard from my guy today, who's been spot on with just about everything, from DeAnthony Thomas to Arik Armstead, to Darron leaving early, and the latest with Lyerla.

NCAA is close to delivering their verdict, and it's not nearly what we were hoping for, or what we thought we'd see 2 months ago. The lowlights:

4 years probation
2 year bowl ban
30 scholarships over 3 years
No off campus recruiting for Campbell or Pellum in 2013

And there are questions, regarding DATs eligibility, but that is not resolved, and will be rolled into a separate investigation.
Announcement was supposed to come today, but will likely not be released by the NCAA or UO until later in the week.

All I know for now.

http://www.the-mainboard.com/index.php?threads/the-ducks-we-gone-fishin.9629/page-174#post-7464982

Is there a "real" chance the NCAA gives the Ducks this much punishment? I'm not sure NCAA has the balls to properly address the problem this time.

Back