What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Oregon is exceptionally good this year

Really proud of our guys. Oregon has a special team this season, and we hung in there with them for nearly a half, could have been closer if we had converted RZ opportunities or held on to TO opportunities. If we play like we did in the first half, we're going to win a handful of games from here on out.

Really proud of our guys. Oregon has a special team this season, and we hung in there with them for nearly a half, could have been closer if we had converted RZ opportunities or held on to TO opportunities. If we play like we did in the first half, we're going to win a handful of games from here on out.

Time to build on that and come out ready to play at Arizona State. Not wild about the matchups in that one, but please Buffs come out ready to play. Arizona State isn't above ****ting themselves, so you never know.

I think it's a testament to how good they are that you used the word "might" when talking about them going on the road against a Top 5 team.

I've perfected the art of understatement. But, yeah, the Ducks are really good. After seeing him today, I'm not sure Mariota gets enough of the credit. Not sure how his game will translate to the pros, but he's a great great college player.

I've perfected the art of understatement. But, yeah, the Ducks are really good. After seeing him today, I'm not sure Mariota gets enough of the credit. Not sure how his game will translate to the pros, but he's a great great college player.
i didn't think he was an exceptional passer. But with his receivers, he doesn't have to be.

Aaaggghh. Damn it. Failed RZ opportunities. Missed turnovers. Turnovers deep in our own territory. Poor tackling (esp on 3rd & 18 type situations). Dropped passes.

But if it's any consolation, we played the ducks better than any other team has this year. That's something build on. Most teams aren't going for it 4th & 10 and converting...numerous times.

For the first time in a long time, I saw the Buffs play a much better team with a little swagger of our own and without the look of total intimidation and fear in us. We went out and matched up with them, had a decent game plan and didn't buckle nearly as easy as we have in the past. That may be laughable to some, but it's huge to me. We make a few more of those plays and they are talking on SportsCenter about how the Ducks were tested in the first half. That 1H was much closer than the score.

It also didn't seem like we were just completely outclassed when it came to speed. Their defensive speed didn't really stand out. On offense, it was just an endless bag of tricks, but generally speaking, we kept the huge gashers to a minimum and we had them in 3rd down a lot. We went 50% on 3rd down and 4th down stops. That is a huge step forward to me. Special teams coverages also much improved. I'm optimistic that there's a few wins still out there for us.

Time to build on that and come out ready to play at Arizona State. Not wild about the matchups in that one, but please Buffs come out ready to play. Arizona State isn't above ****ting themselves, so you never know.

Agree. Time to go on the road and have a good showing for a change.

Everyone has said it, the score got away and the Ducks are one of the best teams we have played in a decade. But I loved watching this Buffs team in person last night. We have a well prepared bunch of kids that played hard all of the way. MikeMac said on his postgame that he would guess the Ducks would say this Buffs team played them harder than any other team they have faced.

As Nik pointed out in the first post, there are a handful of plays the Buffs make and this score is pretty damn close in the first half. We do not have the horses and did not make the plays but I am not going to be embarasseed very often with this squad playing week in and week out like I was every week last year.

Progress is being made. It is going to be a slog but I see it and look forward to seeing this team play each week.

We've also got this going for us:
From ESPN.com 3-Point Stance "1. We get blinded by all the gaudy stats thrown onto the scoreboard by Oregon -- 61.3 points and 672 yards per game -- but here's one that's pretty remarkable. The Ducks, averaging 72 plays per game, have yet to turn the ball over in three games. Not only that, the turnover-free streak actually is five games long. Oregon last lost a turnover in the 17-14 loss to Stanford in Game 11 last season. The Ducks are plus-seven in turnover margin this season, and plus-52 in the Chip Kelly/Mark Helfrich Era.

Not only did we hand the Ducks their first turnover dating back tot last season, but we were +1 in the turnover battle.
Ducks 3 (2 INTs, 1 Fumble)
Buffs 2 (2 INT's)

This was written before the rain-soaked Cal game, but the Ducks came out of that +3

Last edited:
Oregon is playing very well for sure but anyone watch Baylor against WVU? Baylor turned the ball over four times and still scores 73 points. They scored 56 by halftime. The Bears seem like they are a slightly faster team than the Ducks.

I'd love to see Baylor against Oregon...there wouldn't be enough hype to go around for this offensive firework.

Oregon is playing very well for sure but anyone watch Baylor against WVU? Baylor turned the ball over four times and still scores 73 points. They scored 56 by halftime. The Bears seem like they are a slightly faster team than the Ducks.

I'd love to see Baylor against Oregon...there wouldn't be enough hype to go around for this offensive firework.
**** Bailer

For the first time in a long time, I saw the Buffs play a much better team with a little swagger of our own and without the look of total intimidation and fear in us. We went out and matched up with them, had a decent game plan and didn't buckle nearly as easy as we have in the past. That may be laughable to some, but it's huge to me. We make a few more of those plays and they are talking on SportsCenter about how the Ducks were tested in the first half. That 1H was much closer than the score.

It also didn't seem like we were just completely outclassed when it came to speed. Their defensive speed didn't really stand out. On offense, it was just an endless bag of tricks, but generally speaking, we kept the huge gashers to a minimum and we had them in 3rd down a lot. We went 50% on 3rd down and 4th down stops. That is a huge step forward to me. Special teams coverages also much improved. I'm optimistic that there's a few wins still out there for us.

As much as you can feel positive about a game where you allow 57 points about 700+ yards, that's where I find the positive. Looking back through the play-by-play, I counted 9 plays that they busted for 20 plus yards, and those 9 plays went for a total of about 330 yards. Not that that isn't a big problem, but given the difference in athleticism, it's almost inevitable when we play them at this point. What I think is encouraging is that they ran 96 plays total, and on the other 87 plays they totaled somewhere around 425 yards. That's less than 5 yards per play. Again, 5 yards per play is nothing to get excited about, especially when it excludes the big plays the offense had.

But, watching last years' game, there was never a feeling that Oregon really had to work for anything. It was like they could name their yardage on any play. This year, they really did have to work for some things. We don't have nearly enough horses to contain them for 60 minutes, but we did find a way to contain them on a significant number of plays. To the extent that a 41 point loss can constitute progress, that's where I feel like it was...

read the ducks board over at 24/7 and they were commenting in the first quarter how the buffs were the first team this year to come out and attack them. Forced them to make plays. We made the ducks open the playbook to beat us which is something they haven't had to do this year. With as little as moral victories actually mean, this was a big one. I think it showed where our coaching staff can take us if we have the patience with them. That was the closest feeling 41 point loss I have ever been apart of.

read the ducks board over at 24/7 and they were commenting in the first quarter how the buffs were the first team this year to come out and attack them. Forced them to make plays. We made the ducks open the playbook to beat us which is something they haven't had to do this year. With as little as moral victories actually mean, this was a big one. I think it showed where our coaching staff can take us if we have the patience with them. That was the closest feeling 41 point loss I have ever been apart of.

Considering the state of the program, it is not very hard to be patient with MM and Co. given that they are already light years better than last year. The recruits are seeing that as well I think, given the recent RB commitment.

Very impressive first half by us the other day. The game was over at halftime, but how many times did Oregon go for it on 4th down? Great gameplan as well, and I think thats what frustrates me most about the OSU loss. Let's attack everybody offensively......especially the those (this week, UCLA, Washington) we see as not having much hope for.

We've also got this going for us:
From ESPN.com 3-Point Stance "1. We get blinded by all the gaudy stats thrown onto the scoreboard by Oregon -- 61.3 points and 672 yards per game -- but here's one that's pretty remarkable. The Ducks, averaging 72 plays per game, have yet to turn the ball over in three games. Not only that, the turnover-free streak actually is five games long. Oregon last lost a turnover in the 17-14 loss to Stanford in Game 11 last season. The Ducks are plus-seven in turnover margin this season, and plus-52 in the Chip Kelly/Mark Helfrich Era.

Not only did we hand the Ducks their first turnover dating back tot last season, but we were +1 in the turnover battle.
Ducks 3 (2 INTs, 1 Fumble)
Buffs 2 (2 INT's)

This was written before the rain-soaked Cal game, but the Ducks came out of that +3

Misleading stat. The INTs that Wood threw were early in the game and very costly. I'll give you the fumble recovery but the two Duck INTs were back ups in mop up time.

Misleading stat. The INTs that Wood threw were early in the game and very costly. I'll give you the fumble recovery but the two Duck INTs were back ups in mop up time.
And that's any different from the rest of Oregon's games how?

Back