1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oregon is on a roll, playing absolutely great on the road

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by rialto, Feb 20, 2012.

1. rialto

rialto Member

I think most are sleeping on Oregon. Dana Altman is one scary mofo and I dislike his sideline demeanor, but he has Oregon playing amazingly competitively. Five road wins in the conference! And they probably should have beaten both CU and Cal on the road, since they lead both games for the majority of the time. That would have made them 7-1 on the road in conference. Blew-out Washington at home late in the season.

I don't see them losing another game, finishing 13-5 and taking 3rd or 4th in the league. There only losses are the two mentioned above, a home loss to Cal, a road loss to Washington and an inexplicable home loss to Oregon State. I think Oregon has a real chance to win the PAC tourney though they will likely have to beat both Washington and Cal to do so, a tall order.

I see CU finishing 5th, beating USC and then losing to Oregon in the second round. After that, it's an NIT bid.

2. FightCu1414

FightCu1414 Fifth year Senior Club Member

Coulda woulda shoulda. They lost to cu and cal. If they lose by one are you saying those should count down the road. I see them fading down the stretch.

3. GoonieBuff

GoonieBuff Not really Club Member

Go home loser.

4. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I like Oregon's team a lot. Singler is clutch. Joseph is a heck of a senior guard. Altman can coach.

That's going to be an extremely tough road game and it might very well be for the #4 seed.

5. GoBuffs!!

GoBuffs!! Active Member

A close win at Stanford at this point is no way saying that Oregon is the team to beat in the PAC12

6. rialto

rialto Member

Just to be clear, I can't stand Oregon or Altman, so in no way do I want them to succeed. I hope they do fade - I just think they are playing great basketball.

7. GoonieBuff

GoonieBuff Not really Club Member

Agreed. They are a scary team. Thanks for clearing that up. Sorry for jumping down your throat, but I've had enough of the Oregon lover posts in this Buff site in recent months.

8. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

They're an enigma. They more likely to lose at home.

9. 89BUFF89

89BUFF89 Well-Known Member

Any of the teams can lose at any given time but they did beat 'Furd when we got completely taken to the woodshed in the 2nd half. Our team looks pretty shaky on the road so expecting us to beat the Ducks in their house is a tall order. I think we'll beat OSU though.

10. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

Oregons bad at home some how.

Givin Bitches Wet Willies

11. BuffaloSoldier76

BuffaloSoldier76 Unsound Meat Club Member

My guess is it has to do with the permanent eye damage they've all suffered from having to play on their nightmare floor. Kind of like burn in on a computer monitor, stare at their floor for long enough, and you're going to have problems.

[​IMG]

12. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

13. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Oregon just like the rest of the PAC this year, meaning not good enough to give a lock, not bad enough to count out. Altman is a good coach and has been around the block a few times. They also have some talent.

With this year in the Conference I wouldn't give anyone the "win the rest of their games" tag. We have seen repeately teams at the top of the standings lay an egg and teams at the bottom come up with the "where did that come from" game. Nobody has shown they can take charge and until I see a lot more evidence I'm not giving that to Oregon either. Not saying they can't do it but I'll believe it when I see it.