What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Oregon State hires Wisconsin´s Gary Andersen

I think this is Gary Anderson having "If you can't beat 'em join 'em" syndrome. He is going to be shocked when he gets of the plane and is greeted by a Beaver rather than a Buckeye.

Having fun at work with my friend who is a big OSU booster. Watching her changing WTF expressions is priceless.

I really liked this guy for the CU job 2 years ago. I am SHOCKED to see him come to OSU, and I LOVE it! Fantastic!

Really anyone with a resume of any kind going to Oregon State stumps me.

You're all but guaranteed to get your ass kicked in the biggest game of the year, every year.

Job security. They're a fan base who knows what they can be in football-a program who wins 6-8 a year, makes a bowl 50-60% of the time, and has the occasional special year, and they're fine with that. I think Michigan and Nebraska epitomize a common problem in the Big 10-what they think they are and reality are two very different things throughout that league, especially with King Urban in Columbus.

This makes no sense. Something has to be up in Wisconsin. This also proves the Pac's supremacy over the Big Ten.

Wisconsin is about as secure as it gets. Three coaches in 25 years. The question is why the last two have left voluntarily in the last three years.

i'm sticking with my theory of "Alvarez is a micromanager w/r/t football"

congrats to the beavers. this is an excellent hire. and, with a run-first offense, he will differentiate on recruiting and be able to cause matchup problems in conference.

Anderson just lost his last game 59-0, with the opposing team playing its third string QB. Unimpressed.

Anderson just lost his last game 59-0, with the opposing team playing its third string QB. Unimpressed.

This

Anderson reminds me of Barnett. Puts teams together just good enough to get crushed when it matters most and have everyone thinking you are just a few players away.

This

Anderson reminds me of Barnett. Puts teams together just good enough to get crushed when it matters most and have everyone thinking you are just a few players away.

more like neuheisel...use the guys from your predecessor as a stepping stone to oblivion...

It would make my year if Wisconsin hired Pelini. Not out of the question with Alvarez being a Tom Osborne guy.

Would be especially beautiful if Wisconsin drastically underpaid him so that Nebraska ended up paying most of Pelini's salary.

This has to happen.

Had this exact convo with a buddy today. Would LMAO if that all transpired and there was a coach shuffle. Nubs downgraded big time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this is Gary Anderson having "If you can't beat 'em join 'em" syndrome. He is going to be shocked when he gets of the plane and is greeted by a Beaver rather than a Buckeye.

There's nothing wrong with that from what I can see. Unless it's a stinky Beaver.

I believe that Oregon State got an upgrade at HC. Andersen is a good coach and a good recruiter. Familiar with recruiting in the west.

Have to agree that something is wrong at Wisconsin.

If he brings his DL coach with him, Poly recruiting is going to get even more competitive out west.

If he brings his DL coach with him, Poly recruiting is going to get even more competitive out west.

Chad Kauha'aha'a is terrific to have on any staff and with it being a west coast school I would imagine it's almost an automatic hire. BUT that almost certainly means Joe Seumalo will be available, and Mike Mac needs to do work on that ASAP.

This makes sense as Andersen has always been a Western guy but coupled with Bielema's departure it does seem like good coaches can't wait to get out for lateral jobs. I know Butch Jones just got a contract extension with an added buyout, but don't put anything past him. Would be odd if he rebuffed Michigan but left for Wisconsin though. Don't know what shape Wiscy is in going into 2015 but with Melvin Gordon possibly leaving and their QB situation being a weak link for the last few years Andersen probably felt his stock was as high as it could be there and had to strike while he was at his peak value. Gonna be an odd month with Wisconsin and Michigan both vacant.

I heard this when I was going to pick up my son from school, I about drove off the road. Definitely a surprise. The radio show I was listening to mentioned something about Wiscy being cheap paying assistants. I don't know if that's accurate?

I heard this when I was going to pick up my son from school, I about drove off the road. Definitely a surprise. The radio show I was listening to mentioned something about Wiscy being cheap paying assistants. I don't know if that's accurate?

It was heavily speculated to be a big driver behind Bielema leaving for Arkansas. If they're saying that again then I would tend to believe there is some truth to it.

Shocked by the lateral move. Is this a statement about the Big 10? Happy to see good things happen to Gary though. He is one class act, players love the guy. Took a never was team with a lousy coach to an exciting winner at Utah State. I have heard rumors that some of the money promised to assistants and other staff at Wisconsin never showed up and they ended up leaving. Don't know if that attitude by Wisconsin played a role. I am very prejudiced, but think that the best coach in Oregon will now wear orange.

One more terrific coach in the PAC 12 North.

ps: Barry Alverez is a dick, and Al Golden is the presumptive front runner at this time.

Who is the OSU AD? Whoever he is, he's got a set of brass balls. Bold move. Nobody saw this coming. They conducted a coaching search in one week. Impressive.

I saw several media insiders tweet today that sources were telling them that Anderson-to-OSU was much less surprising to them than Riley-to-Nebraska.

Back