What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Oregon State Pregame Thread

What the hell is wrong with Adkins?

Hate to say it because when he is right he is an impact player but either he is fragile or he doesn't play through stuff because it seems like there is always something wrong with Adkins.

Like taking snaps as QB? or just taking snaps to replace Fields? Can not have two 13's on the field at the same time, so maybe? Ploy to throw the Beavs off? so many questions this tweet raises.

sounds like we are a WR down, so need someone to help the depth chart guys get reps.

Colorado desperately needs a healthy Adkins back this week. With Fields out, an effective running game will be essential to hope for a win. We are so snake bitten. I think Colorado would have won this game with a healthy Fields, but I think this will be yet another L because of the key injuries we are dealing with (best RB and WR out).

Colorado desperately needs a healthy Adkins back this week. With Fields out, an effective running game will be essential to hope for a win. We are so snake bitten. I think Colorado would have won this game with a healthy Fields, but I think this will be yet another L because of the key injuries we are dealing with (best RB and WR out).

We don't need Adkins to win games.

We don't need Adkins to win games.
No, but when he is healthy, our running game can be much more effective. This week we need an effective running game to help the drop off that will occur because Fields is out.

running game can be plenty effective with Lindsay. Just need to not forget about it and/or OL has to hold up.

No, but when he is healthy, our running game can be much more effective. This week we need an effective running game to help the drop off that will occur because Fields is out.

More interested in RBs who actually stay on the field.

Sounds personal. Maybe you need some therapy to deal with your Adkins relationship.

Personal? No.

Why talk about some guy as being vital when he cannot stay healthy? Those are not the players you can count on in crucial situations or games. We can and should lean heavily on Lindsay to win this game.

Reactions: SBG
Personal? No.

Why talk about some guy as being vital when he cannot stay healthy? Those are not the players you can count on in crucial situations or games. We can and should lean heavily on Lindsay to win this game.
Because that "guy" is unquestionably the most talented and effect RB we have on scholarship when healthy. I love Lindsay and think he can be very effective, but the running game would be far more effective with a healthy Adkins running the ball as well.

Because that "guy" is unquestionably the most talented and effect RB we have on scholarship when healthy. I love Lindsay and think he can be very effective, but the running game would be far more effective with a healthy Adkins running the ball as well.
1. You sure? it's pretty close if anything.
2. "when healthy".
3. "far more effective" is a big stretch. Adkins had 2 nice games against crap competition. He was not great in the P12 slate last year. remember ASU?

Valid points. Hope to find out this weekend. At the least he would provide quality depth.

More interested in RBs who actually stay on the field.
I know you didn't mean it that way, but when I read this post it conjured memories of D. Trump talking about Mc Cain, "I like people who weren't captured".

Sefo is never going to be a world beater but he looked a lot better to me last week than he has since the shoulder injury. Leavitt will have the defense ready. Collins will certainly get some on the ground but we should have the blueprint now because Arizona then WSU shut him down. My prediction CU gets up 3 scores then we hold our breath as Lindgren goes conservative and OSU claws back in it. CU by 7.

I don't know if this is a "must win game" but it certainly is a "must not lose game". Oregon State is not good at all and if we cannot beat them it bodes bad for the season.

Captain Obvious Out...

I don't know if this is a "must win game" but it certainly is a "must not lose game". Oregon State is not good at all and if we cannot beat them it bodes bad for the season.

Captain Obvious Out...
You wouldn't be advocating a tie?

This really is the last chance for the season - not necessarily the last chance for a win, but the last chance to retain hope that something useful can be salvaged this year.

Let's just say that if MM cannot beat a crappy OSU team with a 1st year staff in his 3rd year then what does that say about his long term coaching success at Colorado?

I'm wondering if maybe last year's Buffs really were as bad as their record. We kept thinking they were so close, so many times, but maybe that was more a function of opponents taking us lightly and just giving the minimum effort to win.

I'm wondering if maybe last year's Buffs really were as bad as their record. We kept thinking they were so close, so many times, but maybe that was more a function of opponents taking us lightly and just giving the minimum effort to win.

Here's where I'm at with this-Beat the beavers, and we may get to 2-7 in conference-Who knows what kind of shape USC will be in when they come here? We always play Utah tough, and if the 2012 team can beat Wazzu in Pullman.....so can this one. Find a way to lose this, and the last few will be ugly-a change would almost be certain after Utah. I don't see RG willing to put up with back to back 0-9's in Pac 12 play from a staff he didn't hire.

Back