What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Oregon steals EWU QB Adams as Graduate Transfer

My earlier post stands perfectly to address this interchange.

What's wrong, Snow? What works in your politics does not work for you on the football field?

I was thinking something along the lines of loss of two scholarships if you win your conference. Three if you win your playoff game. Four if you win the playoffs and MNC. On some level they are levied over the course of two recruiting cycles. Schools like Alabama dont get all the top tier guys they usually get.

Im sure you guys will think of some better formula than I am suggesting.

I was thinking something along the lines of loss of two scholarships if you win your conference. Three if you win your playoff game. Four if you win the playoffs and MNC. On some level they are levied over the course of two recruiting cycles. Schools like Alabama dont get all the top tier guys they usually get.

Im sure you guys will think of some better formula than I am suggesting.

Way to double down on that bet

Way to double down on that bet

I want to take some stuff from the successful people to make success harder for them and help close the gap between the successful and less-successful.

It is escaping me but I fele like I have heard this mantra before....

Yes I do, I just think part of it was system. Let's see what he does. I wasn't being an ass about it, sorry if it seemed that way.

It would be nice (not for us or the Pac-12) to see what he does but he is gone to the NFL.

After redshirting the 2011 season, 2012 showcased Mariota as the first freshman to start a season opener for the Ducks in 22 seasons.[SUP][15][/SUP] He led Oregon to a 12-1 record and the #2 final season ranking while being named Pac-12 All-Conference 1st Team, Pac-12 Freshman Offensive Player of the Year, and earning the 2013 Fiesta Bowl Offensive MVP Award as he guided the Ducks to a 35-17 victory over #5 Kansas State.Starting in all 13 games, Mariota threw for 2,677 yards on 230 of 336 passing attempts (68.5%), including 32 touchdowns against only 6 interceptions. He also rushed the ball 106 times for 752 yards (7.1 yards per carry) and 5 touchdowns. His athletic versatility was exhibited against Arizona State,[SUP][16][/SUP] when he caught a touchdown pass, threw a touchdown pass, and then ran for an 86-yard touchdown, achieving all three scores with 12 minutes still left in first half.[SUP][17][/SUP]
[h=3]2013 season[edit][/h]Mariota earned Pac-12 All-Conference 1st Team honors for the second consecutive year[SUP][18][/SUP] after setting a Pac-12 record from the end of the 2012 season into the 2013 season by attempting 353 passes without an interception.[SUP][19][/SUP] Starting in all 13 games, he completed 245 of 386 passing attempts (63.5%) for 3,665 yards with 31 touchdowns and only four interceptions, while rushing for 715 yards (7.4 yards per carry) and nine touchdowns.
Mariota suffered a partial tear of the MCL against UCLA on October 26 but continued to play the remainder of the season.[SUP][20][/SUP] After Oregon’s 8-0 start, Mariota was featured on the national cover of the November 4th, 2013 issue of Sports Illustrated[SUP][21][/SUP] as the favorite to win the Heisman trophy before the #2 ranked Ducks fell to #6 Stanford on November 7. Despite Oregon's 11-2 season record and top-ten ranking, Mariota’s sophomore season was considered a letdown after the Ducks failed to reach a BCS bowl berth for the first time since the 2008 season.[SUP][22][/SUP]
After a loss to Arizona on Nov. 23, Oregon’s first loss to an unranked opponent since 2008,[SUP][23][/SUP] Mariota and the Ducks bounced back to beat rival Oregon State 36-35 in the Civil War. Mariota threw a touchdown pass to Josh Huff with 29 seconds remaining to give Oregon the come from behind victory over the Beavers.[SUP][24][/SUP]
Mariota guided the Ducks to their third consecutive bowl victory, beating Texas 30-7 in the 2013 Alamo Bowl while being honored as the game's Offensive MVP after rushing for 133 yards on 15 carries and finishing with 386 total yards. He finished the season with 4,380 yards of total offense, becoming the only player in Oregon history to eclipse 4,000 yards in a season.[SUP][25][/SUP]
[h=3]2014 season[edit][/h]Prior to the Alamo Bowl on December 30, 2013, Mariota announced his decision to bypass the NFL Draft and return for the 2014 season.[SUP][26][/SUP] Considered by many to be a Heisman Trophy favorite entering the 2014 season, Mariota was named to watch lists for the Maxwell Award, Walter Camp Award, and Davey O'Brien Award. Prior to the start of the 2014 season Mariota was considered one of the best prospects for the NFL Draft.
On December 11, 2014 at the annual College Football Awards show in Orlando, Florida, Mariota won the Davey O'Brien Award for the nation's best quarterback, and the Walter Camp and Maxwell Award's, both awarded to the nation's best football player.[SUP][27][/SUP] The next day back in Eugene, Mariota graduated from the University of Oregon with a Bachelor's Degree in General Sciences, with an emphasis on human physiology, accomplishing one of his goals in returning to play after the 2013 season.[SUP][28][/SUP]
On December 13, 2014, Mariota became the first Oregon Duck and Hawaii-born athlete to win the Heisman Trophy.[SUP][29][/SUP] He had 788 out of 891 (88.4%) of the first place votes, and 90.9% of the total points.
After a 12–1 regular season record,[SUP][30][/SUP] the Ducks were selected to play in the 2015 Rose Bowl, a semifinal game in the College Football Playoff, against Florida State. Mariota was named the Offensive MVP in the 59–20 victory, after throwing for 338 yards with two passing touchdowns and rushing for 62 yards with one touchdown.[SUP][31][/SUP] With the win, Oregon faced Ohio State in the National Championship and lost 42-20. Coming into this game, he was set to clinch the All-Time lowest interception record, until the final 27 seconds where the last pass of the game was intercepted by Eli Apple. It was his final collegiate game as he entered the 2015 NFL Draft a few days later.[SUP][32][/SUP]

I think it would be tough to choose between Mariota and Tebow if I had the choice. I'd probably go with Mariota just because of his speed.

Last edited:
Well, as far as just college, he's one of the better qbs I've seen. Best ever? Idk, a lot to take into account in that regard. I'm just the type that thinks "great" is used too loosely. That's no knock against MM, I like him as a player and person. We shall see going forward if he can transition to the league.

Well, as far as just college, he's one of the better qbs I've seen. Best ever? Idk, a lot to take into account in that regard. I'm just the type that thinks "great" is used too loosely. That's no knock against MM, I like him as a player and person. We shall see going forward if he can transition to the league.

We have different criteria.

I couldn't give a **** less what a guy does in the NFL when rating college QBs.

Tebow was outstanding at Florida. Same for Manziel at Texas A&M.

Back in the day, we saw guys like Hagan, Frazier and Holieway (who I consider the best option QB of all time).

I'd take Mariota over any of them.

Back in the day, we saw guys like Hagan, Frazier and Holieway (who I consider the best option QB of all time).

That's fair. I'd have to think about who I consider the best, idk honestly. Tough question.

Charles Thompson would have been at the top of that list, if it weren't for felony drug trafficking. At least it looks like he cleaned his life up and is living calmly in OK City.

The answer is right under your nose. Just take a look at the CU record books. It has to be Cody Hawkins. His gold medal in the World Championships solidifies him as the GOAT.

Vince Young, RG III or, in a different era, Jim McMahon, even if it was at a non-power conference school.

Recently: Leinart, Young, Tebow, Vick. The reason I don't include RG3 is that offense kept humming after he left while with the other four it seemed to fall off.

he didn't graduate in the spring. Nothing to see here as he is still finishing up

he didn't graduate in the spring. Nothing to see here as he is still finishing up

Agreed, although it will cause him to be late to fall camp. Since he wasn't involved in spring ball, I'm not sure how he'll fit in. I suspect Oregon will be ok.

hah. somehow, the academic support at EWU didn't help him get across the finish line after he announced his decision to transfer. Really weird.

hah. somehow, the academic support at EWU didn't help him get across the finish line after he announced his decision to transfer. Really weird.

Strange how that works out sometimes. It's almost as if he bucked the system and then the system bucked him.

Back