What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Oregon vs. Colorado game thead

So Gary Barnett gets fired for losing 70-3 to one of the best college football teams in the last decade...in Dallas. What happens when we lose by a similar margin to the 2nd best team in our conference ...at home.

I know it's not that simple, but Barnett's lat team would demolish this team.

Barnett was doing it with his players. That team was a much better team than this one but the program was in free fall. Barnett left Hawkins with some quality players, a lot more than Hawkins left Embree.

Radio guys saying Hansen is out with a concussion - so likely you'll see Hirschman the rest of the game.

Can't be, the refs didn't think it was a penalty despite him sliding, being completely down, and having given up on the play.

That knee didn't hit him in the head, it was just our imagination since it was right in front of a bunch of officials and none threw a flag.

Can't be, the refs didn't think it was a penalty despite him sliding, being completely down, and having given up on the play.

That knee didn't hit him in the head, it was just our imagination since it was right in front of a bunch of officials and none threw a flag.

That was a joke, even bigger joke was the announcers saying it was nothing.

Barnett was doing it with his players. That team was a much better team than this one but the program was in free fall. Barnett left Hawkins with some quality players, a lot more than Hawkins left Embree.

If I accept the fact that Embree is hamstrung by the shi**y players he was left, then at a minimum I would expect him to recruit better than Hawk...so far the results are mixed at best and we are way behind in our DB and OL recruiting despite being huge needs for us.

I'm not saying we should fire Embree, but he has lost all benefit of the doubt from me until I see this team improve. Other than maybe placekicking, I don't see a single part of this team that looks better than last year when we had a lame duck coaching. Most penalized team in the conference??? That's coaching. Hitting players out of bounds, repeatedly?? Coaching.

We've had a lot of injuries, no doubt, but this team is getting worse, not better and I do blame the coaches for that.

If I accept the fact that Embree is hamstrung by the shi**y players he was left, then at a minimum I would expect him to recruit better than Hawk...so far the results are mixed at best and we are way behind in our DB and OL recruiting despite being huge needs for us.

I'm not saying we should fire Embree, but he has lost all benefit of the doubt from me until I see this team improve. Other than maybe placekicking, I don't see a single part of this team that looks better than last year when we had a lame duck coaching. Most penalized team in the conference??? That's coaching. Hitting players out of bounds, repeatedly?? Coaching.

We've had a lot of injuries, no doubt, but this team is getting worse, not better and I do blame the coaches for that.

I don't know if Embree is the guy. But I do know this; we are so ****ing bad that whoever gets us out this will be the next CU coaching legend.

I guess we are going to have to agree to disagree. I see our recruiting being much better than Hawk's. Still needs to be better but improving significantly.

I also do see some areas of improvement but the talent and injuries have put us in a position that makes them hard to see. At the minimum the players look like they are starting to care unlike the last staff, we don't have guys playing leapfrog on the sidelines while we are losing games.

Embree gets at least a couple of full years before I go into panic mode.

Most penalized team in the conference??? That's coaching. Hitting players out of bounds, repeatedly?? Coaching.
Late hits are definitely the mark of an undisciplined team, and the coaches do deserve some blame for that.

With that said, the fact that we're the most penalized team in the conference is directly correlated with the lack of talent we have. Our OL rarely blocks the opposing defense on the first effort and our guys have to grab and hold to make up for the fact that they aren't quick enough to actually block someone. I see similar problems defensively; guys hold to make up for the lack of speed.

This is a bad football team and I just don't feel right blaming the one guy who appears to care. Embree isn't coach Mac, but at least he seems genuinely upset with the team.

This latest drive by Oregon, with 6 minutes left in the 3rd Quarter, is showing how our Defense has adjusted - no one is busting up-the-middle runs for more than 15 yards. In fact, I think we've held them to about 12 yards per carry, and we're using the sideline to force them out of bounds within 20 yards of any pass completion.

Now, our great defense is forcing Oregon into lamely trying FGs, which they slip one thru - it's now 45-0. But we're rolling now!

Anyone ready to judge the staff on less than three weeks of recruiting time is not worth a response. The true Frosh that are playing look very good, and he rounded up 20 guys in a very short period of time. The class coming in will be better, the following class better yet, etc. The program truly was burned to the ground by hawkins. It's going to be at least 2013 before any semi-legimate arguments can be made against this staff.

They're going to be very good.

Late hits are definitely the mark of an undisciplined team, and the coaches do deserve some blame for that.

With that said, the fact that we're the most penalized team in the conference is directly correlated with the lack of talent we have. Our OL rarely blocks the opposing defense on the first effort and our guys have to grab and hold to make up for the fact that they aren't quick enough to actually block someone. I see similar problems defensively; guys hold to make up for the lack of speed.

This is a bad football team and I just don't feel right blaming the one guy who appears to care. Embree isn't coach Mac, but at least he seems genuinely upset with the team.

The last couple of years we led the conference in penalties by a large margin. Difference is that this year we are getting penalties for late hits, interfearance, false start. These are penalties that happen when you aren't fast enough to play against the guys you face.

Under Hawkins we had huge numbers of delay of game, illegal formation, illegal substitution, 12 men on the field, etc. penalties that came from pure lack of organization, discipline, focus.

I don't like the penalties and they have to stop for us to succeed but even the penalties are an improvement.

I will always be a CU fan. I will always wear my CU gear and I will always root for them. But this is so very bad right now. I've lost all passion. I expect to lose. Bleh.

And we get the ball back, at the minimum we kill some more time off the clock. If we have it they aren't scoring. (we hope)

Back