What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Oregon's DCoord pissed Wazzou was passing in the 4th

I hope one day we roll over Oregon. Just dominate them and this little bitch starts crying and says. "Its not fair, they aren't supposed to score on us".

Signed future tante circa 2021

I've hated these a-holes for over a decade now. The whole uniform nonsense, Harrington billboard for the Heisman, and even signing a deal wIth the Yankees TV network to have their games shown in NYC just shows they will whore themselves out for anything. They weren't **** until uncle Phil woke up one morning and started to care about them. I believe it was our whooping of them in the Cotton bowl that caused that.

Last edited:
I guess Oregon expects the other team to roll over in the fetal position and beg for mercy. What a bunch of crap. What is Leach supposed to do, take a knee and concede? Oregon is going to have a melt-down when they go through a down-cycle which will happen.

I'm sure Nick Aliotti thinks it's unfair that Stanford ran the ball so many times in the 4th.

I'm sure Nick Aliotti thinks it's unfair that Stanford ran the ball so many times in the 4th.
Or that Derek Mason (Stanford D Coordinator, soon to be a head coach somewhere) was upset that Oregon tried really hard to come back down 26 in the 4th.

Oregon is soft. Stanford played old-school football and absolutely abused Oregon's front-7. College football is cyclical. Now that everyone has undersized, quick front 7's who can move in space, eventually smart football coaches will overload with the bigs up front, put a fullback in the backfiled and play rugby. That's why the pro-style is the pro-style. Multiple formations, multiple looks depending on what the defense gives you.

Oregon is soft. Stanford played old-school football and absolutely abused Oregon's front-7. College football is cyclical. Now that everyone has undersized, quick front 7's who can move in space, eventually smart football coaches will overload with the bigs up front, put a fullback in the backfiled and play rugby. That's why the pro-style is the pro-style. Multiple formations, multiple looks depending on what the defense gives you.

I've been thinking about that, too, for several years. I can look back at the NFL. The Run-n-shoot was fun to watch, but Moon's Oilers never won anything. Neither did Kelly's K-Gun Bills. College football is seeing the same. At the end of the day, most football games are going to be determined by who wins the line of scrimmage. Tougher team usually wins a football game. There's definitely a reason to be able to run spread concepts, but you also have to be able to line up and run straight ahead. You have to be able to stop that.

You know, the only thing is, giddy as everyone is that Stanford won, the fact is, had Vaughters not made a huge play in keeping Mariota from making that shovel pass and made even bigger play by knocking that ball away, we might be talking about a massive comeback by Oregon last night. That play cost Oregon about 15 seconds and their last timeout, essentially making the onside kick vital to Oregon's chances. Smashmouth football won yesterday, but the lightning offense still could have won out. That's the problem. Stanford dominated that game and killed it in ToP, but they still had to rely on some key plays by the defense and some major mistakes by Oregon to win the game.

You know, the only thing is, giddy as everyone is that Stanford won, the fact is, had Vaughters not made a huge play in keeping Mariota from making that shovel pass and made even bigger play by knocking that ball away, we might be talking about a massive comeback by Oregon last night. That play cost Oregon about 15 seconds and their last timeout, essentially making the onside kick vital to Oregon's chances. Smashmouth football won yesterday, but the lightning offense still could have won out. That's the problem. Stanford dominated that game and killed it in ToP, but they still had to rely on some key plays by the defense and some major mistakes by Oregon to win the game.

But you're forgetting that the only reason the game was so close in the end is because of a series of fortunate/quirky plays that ALL went in Oregon's favor. If any one of these had gone in Stanford's favor the game would've essentially been over sooner and the margin of victory would have most likely been more than 6 points:

- Oregon blocks a FG and returns it for a TD
- Oregon recovers an onside kick
- Oregon fumbles down inside the 5 but recovers their own fumble
- Oregon fumbles again and Mariota somehow got it back
- Oregon converts a 4th and goal from the 12-yard line

We tried being smash mouth. You better be good at it like Stanford or you'll get killed week in, week out. It's not a system you can implement and be successful in the short-term.

Back