What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ormeno Ruiz Signs National Letter Of Intent

cmgoods

Olympic Sports Mod
Club Member
LAGROFMOKZIEPYP.20130426151640.jpg

articleImageBottom.jpg

Nuria Ormeno Ruiz signed an NLI to join the Buffs in the fall.

Photo Courtesy: CUBuffs.com

[h=1]Ormeno Ruiz Signs National Letter Of Intent[/h] Release: 04/26/2013 Courtesy: Marlee Horn, Graduate Assistant SID

BOULDER – The University of Colorado tennis team has added a new player, Nuria Ormeno Ruiz, to its roster for the fall.

The Barcelona, Spain native is one of her country’s top young players. Her current junior ranking in Spain is No. 4, while she is No. 34 in the Open rankings. She was a Spanish finalist in Under-13 play and has played in the main draw in multiple 10K tournaments in Spain.

Ormeno Ruiz currently attends the Emilio Sanchez International School and trains at the Acadamia Sanchez-Casal. She chose to attend Colorado over Oklahoma State, Virginia Tech and Mississippi State and intends to major in marketing at CU. Her parents are Antonio and Yolanda.

“We’re excited for when she joins us in August,” CU head coach Nicole Kenneally said. “She comes from a background where she fully appreciates all the opportunities that Division I athletes are given. Her playing background will add depth to our lineup. We’re excited and look forward to having her on the team.”

from cubuffs.com

This sounds like a pretty important signing. I'm glad that Tennis is looking internationally.

do they do star rankings on intl players? 5* Mazzy Wasterous we signed last year was a big get for the team, wonder if this will help build on that.

This sounds like a pretty important signing. I'm glad that Tennis is looking internationally.

I don't know if there are any successful teams out there that don't rely on a few international players.

Back