What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Orms Press Conference

This is a team that needs somebody to step up and make some game changing plays. This season has been devoid of us forcing turnovers, making big hits for losses, etc. on defense. On offense other than Powells big run we haven't seen any plays that would make anyone stand up and get excited, plays like a great move to score, a spectacular catch downfield.

The only way we win this game or any other this year is for someone to step up and make a play that gives us momentum and then we get other plays that build on that momentum. For this team to win just playing your position isn't enough, we need some people to step up and make some plays.

Orms could be one of those guys, make a read and take the ball away, make a hit that forces a fumble. It doesn't bode well if the attitude is one of resignation, we need somebody to turn the attitude with action.

Last edited:
Yes. He was particularly down (even "broken") in this interview.
I was only half watching the stream and I do not recall ever seeing him interviewed before, so I didn't have a strong opinion either way. I was surprised whe this came up, but again, I was half listening while working. I only keyed in on a few things JE said. Thanks for confirming.

Mtn, McClough(sp) had a great TD catch in the game against CSU.

Other than that though the WRs have really had a great catch. Did Kasa have the longest pass and catch last game?

Mtn, McClough(sp) had a great TD catch in the game against CSU.

Other than that though the WRs have really had a great catch. Did Kasa have the longest pass and catch last game?

Yeah, I had forgotten about McCollochs catch. Outside of that one though we just haven't had guys making the kind of plays that turn games in our favor.

Watch it pookie. Take your medicine. You dish it out but you obviously can't take it. No more death threats, I'm just poking fun at you as you have done to a majority of this board for a long time. Chill.

A death threat is where you think I get serious? Sure, why not? Yes, I threatened your life cause I can't take it. Dumbass. Seems as though you've been seething for quite some time, got anything you need to get off your chest?

Sorry I defended a 21 year old kid trying to find his way in an adverse situation.

a few things in this thread:

1. try to be constructive when it comes to our players. they are still all Buffs. even when they aren't succeeding. watch the tone.

2. please don't threaten to kill each other or i'll have to stick a jailbird shank in your eye.

thanks.

Yeah, I had forgotten about McCollochs catch. Outside of that one though we just haven't had guys making the kind of plays that turn games in our favor.
Powell had a 50+ yard run, Thomas a 20+ yard catch and run, and TE a long catch as well.

We made plays on O, but none on D. Have we even forced a TO??

I'd like to see players being angry at the press conference. This ol' guy remembers getting pissed when I'd lose in sports. Let's get some fire, especially on D!!!

Last edited:
Agreed. The D has been particularly disappointing. Especially since I thought they would at least be average. I didn't think the secondary could be any worse than last year considering all the injuries we had and despite starting true frosh. Yet SuckState QB was something like 90% in completions.

Powell had a 50+ yard run, Thomas a 20+ yard catch and run, and TE a long catch as well.

I'd like to see players being angry at the press conference. This ol' guy remembers getting pissed when I'd lose in sports. Let's get some fire, especially on D!!!

We have had a few on O but not close to enough and almost nothing in the second half of games. The D as you mention has seemingly been completely lacking in big plays. We haven't forced turnovers, we haven't made plays for losses that stop drives, we haven't had the big hits that create emotion.

"Fire" is a good word to use and this team isn't showing it, on or off the field. I'm not a big fan of chest bumping look at me displays but I do want to see guys get cranked up. I want to see that emotion that says that players are more than just there doing their job.

Not that I believe the D doesn't have problems, but 28 points is horrible against a FCS team and a 17 points against a non-BCS school that subsequently gave up 22 (at home vs neutral site) to an FCS team. Basically, where totally ****ed on both sides of the ball without major changes, and the coaches have limited levers to pull right now.

Not that I believe the D doesn't have problems, but 28 points is horrible against a FCS team and a 17 points against a non-BCS school that subsequently gave up 22 (at home vs neutral site) to an FCS team. Basically, where totally ****ed on both sides of the ball without major changes, and the coaches have limited levers to pull right now.
yup. the freaking spread was 22. Sac St is bad. very bad.

I actually agree. I guess to clarify my point, though the O needs work, it got better from week 1 to 2. Special teams even got better wee1 to 2. This season will be measured by improvements since the bowl game is impossible (tho not mathematically). The D made no progress, in fact looked worse.

I have a buddy who isn't as worried about the D as me...I guess I just don't see why this isn't problem #1 for this team. Sac St is not good, but 28 pts is good enough. To let them drive 80 yards for the game ending and game winning score at home is horrendous. Players showed little heart (except maybe the frosh) and Brown's play calling was a joke. Marshall and Brown should go, but not gonna happen.

I think Brown does a good job with DBs, he just doesn't have the skill or experience to be DC. These young DBs are playing pretty well. Cabral should be given a shot to coordinate the defense. He's probably seen everything. I've followed Orms' career since high school and he has lost his mojo.

Watch it pookie. Take your medicine. You dish it out but you obviously can't take it. No more death threats, I'm just poking fun at you as you have done to a majority of this board for a long time. Chill.
Your negrep comments weren't so "Chill". Settle down princess.

...though the O needs work, it got better from week 1 to 2.
A lot of good points in these comments, but I also consider "In State Rival" versus "Low Division Sub-Qualifer" opponent, too. And when I saw Week 3's performance against a stunted lowly Fresno city college squad, "improvement" is always followed by a head-scratching, "Compared to WHAT?" Alfred E. Neuman look.

Back