What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

OSU or Alabama for NC against LSU?

OSU or Alabama

• Total voters
Which one of us "you people" are you calling out here? I am on the record for acknowledging the BCS system, warts and all, is the mechanism for placing Bama in the BCS title game.

I also express my disappointment that the team Boone Pickens bought doesn't qualify to have their asses kicked by LSU.

What exactly are you after here, chuck? Are we all idiots [sic] who don't recognize good football?

Or can't you appriciate that many of us aren't as extatic as you are with the output of the selection process?

I am not trolling-I am trying to answer questions without attacking the poster (which 'you people' are doing). I am not going to give in and say I am wrong when what I said would happen did happen. I should just go the **** away but the yankee in me just refuses to walk away when I am right. This has gone past the fun stage for me-it used to fun here but now you have imported a bunch of what we would call 'gumps' on my board. Whenever a board grows the quality of the posters and the board goes down. I have been on several Bama boards that were good to great but are now full of idiots. I get tired of the circle jerks on my boards but from the reception I get here anymore I may as well go to barner board. I do find it odd when Bama sucked I was the best non-Buff poster but now that we are good I suck when I am same dirtneck.

Anyway I am going to **** my sister or my nephew, brush my tooth, kick my dog, drink some moonshine, yada yada yada

I am not trolling-I am trying to answer questions without attacking the poster (which 'you people' are doing). I am not going to give in and say I am wrong when what I said would happen did happen. I should just go the **** away but the yankee in me just refuses to walk away when I am right. This has gone past the fun stage for me-it used to fun here but now you have imported a bunch of what we would call 'gumps' on my board. Whenever a board grows the quality of the posters and the board goes down. I have been on several Bama boards that were good to great but are now full of idiots. I get tired of the circle jerks on my boards but from the reception I get here anymore I may as well go to barner board. I do find it odd when Bama sucked I was the best non-Buff poster but now that we are good I suck when I am same dirtneck.

Anyway I am going to **** my sister or my nephew, brush my tooth, kick my dog, drink some moonshine, yada yada yada
Wait, Rino, dply, Junc and I are "gumps"? You are arguing with, for the most part, the same ****ing dudes who were here when you first arrived.

Are you for serious? Sorry for calling you a Window Licker, but you were not arguing in good faith. You refused to respond to people's arguments and instead changed the subject repeatedly.

And **** you for saying you weren't insulting people, you whiny toad licking slut. You were throwing **** around like you were a nebraska hog farmer.

photo_01.jpg

Good job guys.

Wait, Rino, dply, Junc and I are "gumps"? You are arguing with, for the most part, the same ****ing dudes who were here when you first arrived.

Are you for serious? Sorry for calling you a Window Licker, but you were not arguing in good faith. You refused to respond to people's arguments and instead changed the subject repeatedly.

And **** you for saying you weren't insulting people, you whiny toad licking slut. You were throwing **** around like you were a nebraska hog farmer.

I have been on here over a year and a half and meet Allbuff posters before you ever posted on this board. So again you are wrong. I don't call you names but you call me names. You are CU's version of Alabama's 'gumps'. They are the stupid fans we have that we are ashamed of. I already know the redneck version of you. Every time I come on here I get that I **** my sister and I am racist. I didn't get that six years ago.

I have been on here over a year and a half and meet Allbuff posters before you ever posted on this board. So again you are wrong. I don't call you names but you call me names. You are CU's version of Alabama's 'gumps'. They are the stupid fans we have that we are ashamed of. I already know the redneck version of you. Every time I come on here I get that I **** my sister and I am racist. I didn't get that six years ago.
Ya, I'm the new guy. However, I'm not the guy that dubbed you Window Licker (that was rino). Nor am I the guy that called you racist. Nor am I the guy that said you had sex with your family. BTISWWT. Anyways, you, AGAIN, conveniently ignored the point that none of us are gumps or new time posters. If the NEWEST guy who is arguing with you joined 3 years ago in the middle of the worst stretch of losing in CU history, perhaps you were ****ing wrong?

What I did do, repeatedly, was mock you for running from arguments. I also called you Window Licker. A lot. So sue me, but you were doing those things.

Now, whether or not I am a stupid fan, that is up for debate. But if I'm stupid, you are definitely Forrest Gump's retarded younger brother.

Ya, I'm the new guy. However, I'm not the guy that dubbed you Window Licker (that was rino). Nor am I the guy that called you racist. Nor am I the guy that said you had sex with your family. BTISWWT. Anyways, you, AGAIN, conveniently ignored the point that none of us are gumps or new time posters. If the NEWEST guy who is arguing with you joined 3 years ago in the middle of the worst stretch of losing in CU history, perhaps you were ****ing wrong?

What I did do, repeatedly, was mock you for running from arguments. I also called you Window Licker. A lot. So sue me, but you were doing those things.

Now, whether or not I am a stupid fan, that is up for debate. But if I'm stupid, you are definitely Forrest Gump's retarded younger brother.

But all of those guys and you post here now. Thanks for calling me retarded.

But all of those guys and you post here now. Thanks for calling me retarded.
Dude. You do realize where the moniker "gump" has to come from right? Ponder that, since you called all of us "gump."

And that you defined the term to posters who show up "when a board grows." Now, are you saying that Rino and Junc have gotten fat since you joined? Cause that is just mean!

Btw, you are a sane poster, unless Bama is mentioned. Then you turn into the Window Licker.

If you think CU fans are "gumps" now, you can only imagine what will happen when CU fights it's way back into the top 10. We were some quality assholes back before the Hawkins humility smackdown.

I often find myself separating the poster from the post. And it's amazing to me to see the transformation in a poster depending on the topic (ie DBT is certifiable on Rox thread, and a great guy elsewhere. Rino gets wound tight on pro life and teachers unions. Junc and Snow are different in the Politics threads)

We all have our Waterloo. The subject of Bama returning to the BCS title game is yours.

Don't forget that Okie Lite and CU go way, way back to the big 8 days. The panhandle of OK diddles Colorado's undercarriage. FACT.

OSU is a program we know much more intimently than any of you people in the SEC. Of course your are going to find bias here. Duh.

With the exception of Tini there just isn't much enthusiasm for Bama that overrides our honest opinion that OSU got jobbed by the BCS. The Buffs got jobbed by the BCS in 2001, so we can feel OSU's pain.

Also I'd point out that Iowa State has spoiled CU's party a time or two. And we've taken our lumps from the Sooners in a B12 CCG.

It was emotionally satisfying to watch Gundy undress Stoops on national television. It's about time the Clips came back to earth inside the B12.

I don't think you take the history of Colorado football seriously enough, or you might have been more sensative to these storylines and might have been more careful stirring this pot.

This is not a great venue for your proBama agenda on this subject. By the way, if your FG kicker took care of business in the so-called game of the century, we'd be all good.

But your relentless politicking over the LSU do-over is the work of a partisan blowhard with an axe to grind. Your team is in the game. Have a cookie.

On the balance, you seem like a great guy. I'd gladly offer you a beer at some UA - CU tilt.

But you can't just put Bama's boot in the BCS title game oven and call it a biscuit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude. You do realize where the moniker "gump" has to come from right? Ponder that, since you called all of us "gump."

And that you defined the term to posters who show up "when a board grows." Now, are you saying that Rino and Junc have gotten fat since you joined? Cause that is just mean!

Btw, you are a sane poster, unless Bama is mentioned. Then you turn into the Window Licker.

I have no idea where the term 'gump' comes from-can you please explain it to me?

I have no idea where the term 'gump' comes from-can you please explain it to me?
You have got to be ****ing kidding me. Now, who is a famous retarded person who was from and played for Alabama according to a movie starring Tom Hanks.

And Skid, I agree with your post, except for the parts about my bias towards OSU. **** OSU. **** the old Big 8. **** the old Big 12. I ****ing hate those teams. Only thing that makes me like OSU is that they beat OU and that they are not Bama.

I'm clearly in the minority, but I can't for the life of me figure out how anybody who saw both Alabama and Oklahoma State play this year can come to the conclusion that OSU is the better team.

Charlie can be annoying at times, but he's right about a lot of stuff, too. The SEC IS the best football conference in the country. You can't really debate that. It's not even close.

I'm clearly in the minority, but I can't for the life of me figure out how anybody who saw both Alabama and Oklahoma State play this year can come to the conclusion that OSU is the better team.

Charlie can be annoying at times, but he's right about a lot of stuff, too. The SEC IS the best football conference in the country. You can't really debate that. It's not even close.

You can debate it this year. That conference has the best DL athletes, but it played some horrific football this year. Georgia and Arky were solid, but after that that conference stunk.

You have got to be ****ing kidding me. Now, who is a famous retarded person who was from and played for Alabama according to a movie starring Tom Hanks.

And Skid, I agree with your post, except for the parts about my bias towards OSU. **** OSU. **** the old Big 8. **** the old Big 12. I ****ing hate those teams. Only thing that makes me like OSU is that they beat OU and that they are not Bama.

I did not mean to imply CU actually likes OSU. We just go way back. The Hattfields go way back with the McCoys.

The look on Boone's face would have been priceless after getting stomped by LSU.
With Bama going, T Boone legitimately gets to question "what if" as he plays the poor billionaire victim.

Only when adjusting for field goal kicking.

I love it when opinions are passed around as facts.:lol:

Yeah, me too. Like the one that says OSU clearly deserves to be in the MNC game. :rolling_eyes:

Look, it's no skin off my nose one way or the other. I just don't see any other conference, or any other two teams for that matter, that are even in the same zip code as the SEC and LSU/Alabama. None. Oklahoma State is a solid team that I think is going to have it's hands full with Stanford.

Yeah, me too. Like the one that says OSU clearly deserves to be in the MNC game. :rolling_eyes:

By any objective measure, they do. It's only when you bring bias and human polls into the equation that Bama ends up going.

By any objective measure, they do. It's only when you bring bias and human polls into the equation that Bama ends up going.
Eh, you could make a solid argument for Bama. I don't think the evidence is great for it, but they do have an argument.

Look, it's no skin off my nose one way or the other. I just don't see any other conference, or any other two teams for that matter, that are even in the same zip code as the SEC and LSU/Alabama. None. Oklahoma State is a solid team that I think is going to have it's hands full with Stanford.

This BCS selection would have been different had Nebraska and CU not left the B12. While its a fact OSU is the best team in the B12 this season, they got there without a CCG. Under the original B12 structure, the Bedlam game would have been for the South title and an invitation to play KSU or Nebraska. That extra game would have helped OSU's case had they beaten one more ranked opponent.

As it is in reality, neither UA nor OSU got the extra game in which to make their case and add to their BCS calculations.

This 2011-12 BCS match up is half baked because CU left.

See...The Buffs do bare some responsibility for this cluster****.

Chuck, Im hardly biased. I could give a **** about the Big 12 or OSU. I think they should have got the nod for 2 reasons, major conference champs and Bama has already had a shot at LSU. A good friend of mine played at Bama, I dont have anything against them at all. Matter of fact, I still watch them quite a bit. End of the day, this system isnt working. I dont think a playoff would end all of the bitching either but I think it would bring more closure than the current.

BCS rules say winner of the game is the champion. Voters in polls not connected with the BCS can vote whoever they want. They can even vote themselves a People's National Championship like the barn did when your B12 champion was sent to the BCSCG over an SEC team and was slaughtered. Allbuffs can hold a poll to determine their champion. The crystal ball goes to the winner. What is Bama wins by 21 points? You still think LSU is the 'champion'?

By 21? No, alabama would have earned it but by a fg, LSU would deserve a split. Hopefully LSU will win again and we can hear nick the douche saban calling for a 3rd rematch.

I am sorry on my Bama sites we don't the sarcasm font and you have to figure things out for yourself. I need to learn that sarcasm font and how to post pics from the internet to become a quality poster here.

to be fair, if OSU beat OU by 3 points instead of 41 I don't think OSU would have garnered the support they do now.

I am sorry on my Bama sites we don't the sarcasm font and you have to figure things out for yourself. I need to learn that sarcasm font and how to post pics from the internet to become a quality poster here.
Oh, now you were being sarcastic. Then what was with your woe is me about being called retarded crap? Are you just that hypocritical, or, quite likely, did you just not have a ****ing clue cause you have the intelligence of a newt.

to be fair, if OSU beat OU by 3 points instead of 41 I don't think OSU would have garnered the support they do now.

Perception means a lot.

If Texas and OSU switched bodies, I'm not convinced the polls and BCS results would have come out the same.

Back