What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

OSU or Alabama for NC against LSU?

OSU or Alabama

• Total voters
this is great, outside of lsu, bama, and maybe georgia, the SEC defenses sucked and had horrible offenses as well. very top heavy.

Using that logic our 16th rated offense plays against some of the best defenses week in and week out. We MIGHT put 49 up every week IF we played the suckass defenses that OSU played.

IF Bama would have taken care business against LSU, we MIGHT not be talking about this.

Last edited:
This whole argument screams playoff, but for now I'll continue. BigXII has 6 top 25 total offenses, SEC has 0. The flip side to the great defense story is that it is easy to have top rated defenses when the offenses suck donkey balls.

This whole argument screams playoff, but for now I'll continue. BigXII has 6 top 25 total offenses, SEC has 0. The flip side to the great defense story is that it is easy to have top rated defenses when the offenses suck donkey balls.

Thank you! After Bama, LSU and Georgia, the SEC was not that great this year. Big 12 was much better top to bottom.

The fact that ISU didn't win by more under the circumstances is impressive.

LSU and Okie state are the best teams in college football

I don't care where you play, on the road is different than at home. I don't hear OSU blaming their situation on a tragic plan crash, but I certainly can't forget about it and was actually impressed it took 2OT to loose. By the way, I'm not sure that field goal wasn't good which would have won them the game in regulation.

They were winnning 24-7 in the 3rd quarter after being told. Using that excuse only appeals to women.

sounds kinda like Bamas choke job to Auburn. Sorry, I'm not buying it, Okie state is better than bama, okie state woud beat bama, okie st deserves to be in, and I expect the final bcs rankings to be 1. LSU 2. Okie st. Then the best bama team of all time will go to the sugar bowl

Change your argument to scoring and SEC has 3 in the top 25. It would be different if the SEC had not been beating everybody's ass for years.

OSU. Somebody brought up a good point that they should not have played the same day that their athletic department had a major tragedy.

Ok I have heard this argument here and on ESPN and I personally think it is a ridiculous argument. What happened is a shame and it is sad for the bball players, fans and family. But if anyone is gonna argue that Ok State didn't have their minds in the game because the womens bball coach was killed is retarded. I would be willing to bet no more than 5 players even knew the womens coach personally. Ok state had an off night against ISU end of story. It is not like they were all in mourning and couldn't inspire themselves because of it. They couldn't inspire themselves cause they were playing ISU!

sounds kinda like Bamas choke job to Auburn. Sorry, I'm not buying it, Okie state is better than bama, okie state woud beat bama, okie st deserves to be in, and I expect the final bcs rankings to be 1. LSU 2. Okie st. Then the best bama team of all time will go to the sugar bowl

You are right about one thing-they will be playing in NOLA.

First thing, maybe be the most talented ever, this isnt the best Bama team ever. Second, were all of OU's players sick last night? OU played like they didnt wanna be there, it was strange. That said, Ok St. did something I didnt think they could do. They blew out OU and their D played really well. I voted Ok St eventhough I think Bama is better than they are. They are conference champs and Bama isnt. Hell Bama isnt even division champs. They will give the nod to Bama, about 95% sure of that. If you are in a conference other than the SEC, it really means nothing. If Bama doesnt get in, that kicker better move, they will tho. Id rather see Ok St than a rematch. Say Bama gets in and beats LSU, then what? People would be bitching for a split title, which I didnt think we were supposed to have anymore. Need a playoff, this bs every year is getting old.

Ok Charlie here is the problem with your arguments. You are heavily biased in this situation, thus need to be recused. Same as an OSU fan. Check the main page at espn.com and there is a poll asking this question and EVERYBODY except the state of Alabama and a split state in Mississippi are heavily voting for OSU. I get it man, if Colorado has a reasonable shot at the MNC, I would fight tooth and nail to justify them getting in because of my bias. The people have spoken and we want OSU vs LSU.

First thing, maybe be the most talented ever, this isnt the best Bama team ever. Second, were all of OU's players sick last night? OU played like they didnt wanna be there, it was strange. That said, Ok St. did something I didnt think they could do. They blew out OU and their D played really well. I voted Ok St eventhough I think Bama is better than they are. They are conference champs and Bama isnt. Hell Bama isnt even division champs. They will give the nod to Bama, about 95% sure of that. If you are in a conference other than the SEC, it really means nothing. If Bama doesnt get in, that kicker better move, they will tho. Id rather see Ok St than a rematch. Say Bama gets in and beats LSU, then what? People would be bitching for a split title, which I didnt think we were supposed to have anymore. Need a playoff, this bs every year is getting old.

Yes they are, Charlie told me so

Ok Charlie here is the problem with your arguments. You are heavily biased in this situation, thus need to be recused. Same as an OSU fan. Check the main page at espn.com and there is a poll asking this question and EVERYBODY except the state of Alabama and a split state in Mississippi are heavily voting for OSU. I get it man, if Colorado has a reasonable shot at the MNC, I would fight tooth and nail to justify them getting in because of my bias. The people have spoken and we want OSU vs LSU.

Is a championship about having the best two teams play or what the people want? There is SEC fatigue out there-nobody wants to guarantee the SEC another title. We are already #2 in two computer polls. It is basically over unless voters screw us by dropping us down the rankings (which we are used to happening check 1966 as a two time defending champion goes undefeated and ends up #3).

Last edited:
Is anybody going to say 'I think OSU should be in because they are a better team than Alabama'?

That's where I feel conflicted.

I'd rather see an LSU/Okie Lite game. But if I was filling out a poll, my top 4 would be

1. LSU
2. Alabama
3. Okie Lite
4. Stanford

Is a championship about having the best two teams play or what the people want? There is SEC fatigue out there-nobody wants to guarantee the SEC another title. We are already #2 in two computer polls. It is basically over unless voters screw us by dropping us down the rankings (which we are used to happening check 1966 as a two time defending champion goes undefeated and ends up behind #3).

You don't know who the the two best teams are Charlie. You can line up argument after argument until you are blue in the face. The only way to prove it is on the field of play. OSU has every bit as powerful of a resume as Alabama has this season depending on which factors you use, and they won their conference. This isn't just about what people want. It is about millions of people that have a much more objective view than you do seeing the validity of OSU's case. You simply don't have the cognitive ability right now to see this with a clear view.

You don't know who the the two best teams are Charlie. You can line up argument after argument until you are blue in the face. The only way to prove it is on the field of play. OSU has every bit as powerful of a resume as Alabama has this season depending on which factors you use, and they won their conference. This isn't just about what people want. It is about millions of people that have a much more objective view than you do seeing the validity of OSU's case. You simply don't have the cognitive ability right now to see this with a clear view.

Bama will be 2nd in the BCS which has been the way to 'really know' for a few years. Our resume includes playing in the SEC which trumps wins over hapless defenses. When the ratings come out will you admit your bias? Two computer polls already have Bama #2.

Championship games are for determining a champion. A LSu bama rematch will only determine a champion if LSU wins. Therefore, there is no reason to put bama in the game.

Bama will be 2nd in the BCS which has been the way to 'really know' for a few years. Our resume includes playing in the SEC which trumps wins over hapless defenses. When the ratings come out will you admit your bias? Two computer polls already have Bama #2.

more than half the SEC is mediocre at best this year

Sorry buddy, I'm not listening to your arguments. What part heavily biased do you not understand? You are like a hamster running on a wheel right now with your arguments. I'd be curious what your thoughts were back in 2001 about Nebraska getting in. Not what you think they were now, but what they actually were then.

Back