What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

OSU or Alabama for NC against LSU?

OSU or Alabama

• Total voters
Sorry buddy, I'm not listening to your arguments. What part heavily biased do you not understand? You are like a hamster running on a wheel right now with your arguments. I'd be curious what your thoughts were back in 2001 about Nebraska getting in. Not what you think they were now, but what they actually were then.

Are the computers that ranked Bama #2 'heavily biased'?

Championship games are for determining a champion. A LSu bama rematch will only determine a champion if LSU wins. Therefore, there is no reason to put bama in the game.
This I agree with. Im leaning toward LSU Ok St for that reason.

SEC records
13-0, 11-1, 10-2, 10-2, 10-3, 7-5, 6-6, 6-6, 6-6, 5-7, 5-7, 2-10

Big 12 records
11-1, 10-2, 9-3, 9-3, 7-5, 7-5, 6-6, 6-6, 5-7, 2-10

Pretty similar and the SEC has two more teams than the Big 12

SEC records
13-0, 11-1, 10-2, 10-2, 10-3, 7-5, 6-6, 6-6, 6-6, 5-7, 5-7, 2-10

Big 12 records
11-1, 10-2, 9-3, 9-3, 7-5, 7-5, 6-6, 6-6, 5-7, 2-10

Pretty similar and the SEC has two more teams than the Big 12

The fact that Ole Miss sucks has nothing to do with the fact that LSU or UA would beat OSU's ass.

The fact that Ole Miss sucks has nothing to do with the fact that LSU or UA would beat OSU's ass.

ohhh kansas sucks too.

And no, sorry there will be no ass beatings. I'm just wondering if LSU or Bama can keep up with Blackmon and the pokes. Trust me, you haven't seen anything like them!

Rather see the Pokes but pretty sure we will see Bammer in the game. The media seems to want that game and I think they will get it

Are you going to be ok when they announce LSU vs UA tonight?

yep, but it will just prove how much of a joke the bcs is, and I wont take the winner very seriously. There is a reason it's MNC. There has NEVER been a true national champion in college football. NEVER! And until they get a playoff, it will be that way.. All national champions should have a * next to them.

ohhh kansas sucks too.

And no, sorry there will be no ass beatings. I'm just wondering if LSU or Bama can keep up with Blackmon and the pokes. Trust me, you haven't seen anything like them!

You and a couple of OSU homers are the only ones that think that. I would think they would be relieved to not have to play LSU and vote themselves a 'people's national championship'.

Would OSU have more national support if their loss wasn´t to a 6-6 Iowa State but say to a .... 6-6 Ohio State?

OSU Alabama.PNG

The nation has spoken. No rematch please. I wouldn't watch it. I would love to see LSU and OSU.

Would OSU have more national support if their loss wasn´t to a 6-6 Iowa State but say to a .... 6-6 Ohio State?

yes, I think they would. It's unfortunate, first of all ISU is not all that bad. They almost beat a 10 win Kansas state team yesterday. Second, it's hard to go undefeated, upsets happen. Bama lost AT HOME to a better team. Bama had a chance and blew it.

yep, but it will just prove how much of a joke the bcs is, and I wont take the winner very seriously. There is a reason it's MNC. There has NEVER been a true national champion in college football. NEVER! And until they get a playoff, it will be that way.. All national champions should have a * next to them.

But everybody knew this before the season and played anyway right? It is the system-I would rather have a playoff but we don't.

The nation voted for Obama-you ok with that choice also?

Yes. I am American. But democracy shouldn't have much to do with CFB. I'm just saying if they want ratings they should go with OSU and LSU. We've seen "the game of the century" it sucked.

Don't want to go into a playoff vs. bowls discussion here but this is exactly the reason why we won't go playoffs anytime soon. No matter what system you use there will be argument. Use a system of polls and computers and you get the argument that a team didn't get a shot on the field. Use a playoff and you get the argument that a team got a bad draw, that the next team left out of the playoff got cheated of their shot, or that a team that didn't deserve a shot got hot and won at the end (two loss team gets hot and wins over an undefeated team.) The arguments will go on forever.

If Okie State goes to the MNC game, Bama Charlie and his like will go to their graves believing that they got denied their chance for redemtion, Bama goes and the Okie State fans believe the same. Either way we will have the argument continue until at least next season is well under way, meaning that the college FB administrators have accomplished what they want, maintaining interest and selling tickets.

Yes. I am American. But democracy shouldn't have much to do with CFB. I'm just saying if they want ratings they should go with OSU and LSU. We've seen "the game of the century" it sucked.

I bet if it's LSU/Bama the ratings will be the worst for a championship game in the BCS era. Put me as one who wont be watching. I took the night off work to watch the title game this year, if it's Bama and not OSU, I might just go into work, seriously.

Is the BCS there to get the best game or the best ratings? I am not convinced more people will watch LSU/OSU after the 1st quarter anyway than a LSU/UA rematch.

Is the BCS there to get the best game or the best ratings? I am not convinced more people will watch LSU/OSU after the 1st quarter anyway than a LSU/UA rematch.

you're underestimating Okie state. Okie st ve. LSU or even Okie st vs. bama would be similar to last years title game. Close and down to the wire.

yes, I think they would. It's unfortunate, first of all ISU is not all that bad. They almost beat a 10 win Kansas state team yesterday. Second, it's hard to go undefeated, upsets happen. Bama lost AT HOME to a better team. Bama had a chance and blew it.

This post reminds me of a dog chasing his tail. OSU deserves a shot because upsets happen.

This post reminds me of a dog chasing his tail. OSU deserves a shot because upsets happen.

They deserve a shot, because they got upset by a decent team on the road at night after they got news of a plane crash.

Bama choked on their own dicks in their awesome home field advantage after you proclaimed them to be the best bama team of all time.

We already saw Bama/LSU.

Your argument is biased and weak charlie

you're underestimating Okie state. Okie st ve. LSU or even Okie st vs. bama would be similar to last years title game. CLose and down to the wire.

OSU is Arkie Lite. The only reason that game was close was because Cam was injured. There are 6 teams in the SEC that would have beat that pathetic oklahoma team last night. OSU would be a dog to three SEC teams and probably a pick'em to two. Take your 'fairness' back to grade school. This is big boy football and they don't belong because they lost to a lightweight when they had the chance to play for the MNC in their hands. Alabama only deserves a shot because Stanford and OSU choked. I have carried you in the this thread long enough. Say something original or intelligent or just STFU.

Back