1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OSU preview: the Mike Bohn Memorial Fire Dan Hawkins Road Trip, sponsored by Cinch Je

Discussion in 'CU Buffs Newsroom' started by RSSBot, Sep 22, 2011.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

Jul 8, 2005
    When the Buffs inked this game last season, without the guaranteed return trip befitting a program of CU's stature, I couldn't help but think of all the 1-AA schools who travel the country looking for ass-kickings and a quick paycheck.* Sure, the Buffs are getting a massive non-con appearance fee, but it's still football prostitution at its finest (with Mike Bohn as the pimp).* It's an awkward situation, being hamstrung by not only the typical CU budgetary woes, but also paying-off a disastrous failure of a coach and not receiving any TV money to boot.* While CU seems to have caught OSU at the perfect time, with the Buckeyes hurting more than they have in a decade, it's still a massive challenge to walk into the Horseshoe, and the whole scenario boils down to a cash grab.
    Mike, you gotta keep that pimp hand strong!
    The long and the short of it is we needed the cash.* Desperate times call for desperate measures, and all that.

So bring on OSU with their deep pockets, and bring on whatever horrors await in the shadows of the Horseshoe.* Things will not always be this way, but, for one weekend at least, we are the Little Sisters of the Poor.* However the game goes on Saturday, I'll be humming "Take the Money and Run" all day long.

The final non-conference test of the season kicks off at 1:30 MT.* Since you probably aren't going to Columbus for this one, I suggest tuning into ABC (or ESPN2 if it's blacked out in your area) to catch the 5th all-time matchup between the Bucks and the Buffs.

Click below for the preview...

Read more »[​IMG]