What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

OSU vs Stanford

Well, to be fair, their RS Kicker was something like 12-14 inside 40 for the year, so he didn't have a confidence problem. He does now. :lol:

He missed earlier in the game, which is why I felt he had a confidence problem. Just looking at the guy I could tell he was incredibly nervous. Luck, meanwhile, had ice in his veins.

I'd love to see a study done about how often a team who runs the clock down for a last second field goal gets bit like that. I've always felt like you score a touchdown and eliminate all doubt. There's way too much that can go wrong with a FG attempt. Bad snap, slippery hands from the holder, bad spot, bad footing, block, wind, nerves...

Have to agree with Sacky on this one.

You have a once in a generation QB who is recognized for his intelligence and decision making. In a worst case scenario he throws the ball away a couple of times and leaves a little more time on the clock. Even if he doesn't get you into the endzone you have an opponent who is going to be protecting the goal line so you get the ball much closer. Given the choice of a 37 yard FG attempt or a 27 yard attempt I know which odds make a lot more sense.

Why do coaches make it all the way to a big game riding the players they have and their abilities and all of the sudden when it really matters they go away from that and try to win it with some genious coaching move, and invariably lose?

Back