What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

OT: Bob Stoops is the best college coach over the last 15 years.

I suppose the conversation is about the last 15 years, otherwise I'd point out that Stoops probably isn't the best coach at OU.

In the last 15 years, as much as I hate the guy, I have to vote Snyder as #1, just in front of Saban and then that ****ing prick Carroll.

If you look at how terrible KjSU was before him, how quickly they were returning to **** when he left, and how quickly they returned to top 15 form when he came back AND factor in the number of obstacles that KjSU has that none of the other coaches in the conversation have to deal with, he seems to be the number one guy, imo.

Only strike against Snyder is the lack of a National Championship. Everything else you say points to a miracle worker.

It's true that he coaches at a school with no academic standards and that he has taken full advantage of the JC system in Kansas (and California.) That said he has taken what he has to work with which isn't much an won a lot of games.

Only strike against Snyder is the lack of a National Championship. Everything else you say points to a miracle worker.

It's true that he coaches at a school with no academic standards and that he has taken full advantage of the JC system in Kansas (and California.) That said he has taken what he has to work with which isn't much an won a lot of games.
That's a little tough, to win a MNC at Juco State he would be THE miracle worker. I don't think anyone less could ever get it done.

That's a little tough, to win a MNC at Juco State he would be THE miracle worker. I don't think anyone less could ever get it done.

Not disagreeing. With that though he has had some top 10 finishes. If you are good enough to get top ten then you are usually one or two key wins away from winning it all. He hasn't passed that test yet. Doesn't diminish what he has done though at a school that other than his tenure has been a football wasteland.

We laugh at KjSU's admittance standards - as well we should - but don't they have to still fit in with the Big 12's requirements, which IIRC are tighter than the old Big 8's were?

The only reason I bring that up is because there's Boise State who pretty much takes anyone.

Back