What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

OT: Chip repeats as mascot National Champion

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
BJHRMBCLBGBELHA.20100116045907.jpg

ORLANDO - Chip, the University of Colorado's beloved costumed mascot, successfully defended his national championship here at the 2010 UCA Mascot National Championship Friday. The mascot championships are held in conjunction with the 2010 College Cheerleading and Dance Team National Championships administered by the Universal Cheerleader Association and United Dance Association.

Chip won his first national championship in 2009 and also has five top 10 performances.

"It was surreal," CU spirit coordinator Liz Harris said. "I am so proud of them. They put in so much hard work. They had their sights set on repeating and put in the necessary work to accomplish that goal."

CU's dance team is also set to compete at the UCA/UDA national championships on Sunday.

http://www.cubuffs.com//ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=204869887

Watch the Winning Routine

Congrats to Chip and good luck to the Dance Team on Sunday. Our spirit squad has really been doing an excellent job. It's obvious that they put a ton of work in and have been steadily improving over the past several years.

:gobuffs:

Last edited:
Chip has always been good at entertaining the fans, and he'll keep some of the fans interested even if Hawk's O continues to blows. Speaking of which, I remember back in the day when Chip was beating on Herbie the Husker in the South End Zone, during the 1999 CU-NU game. All the fans in the student section went nuts when chip was giving Herbie the business, and the CU players were looking around, wondering, what all the cheering was for. The players got back into the game after mounting a big comeback, and we nearly won, too bad for Aldrich.

Anyone have a picture of the old chip. The one with the cone/raccoon nose?

Chip has come a long ways from the days of doing beer bongs in the student section. (yes, I personally witnessed this, it was my beer bong!)

Back