What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other Basketball Games, Week 1

VMI blew it open. Won't be an easy contest for AFA on the road

At least that will go down as a road game instead of a neutral. Gives AFA a better shot of hanging into the Top 200 this year. And with RPI, all that matters is the record of opponents' opponents for that little piece, so I'm glad it's VMI.

Maryland really fought back against UConn in Brooklyn, but fell short. Still see the Terps 6th-7th in the ACC.

Big win for Providence over Boston College in OT tonight. You guys know I like Providence to make some noise this year.

Good to see SMU handle TCU 69-61 in their rivalry game. Makes me feel marginally better about Larry Brown's Mustangs putting it to us in our scrimmage.

The calls on defense are exceeding my worst expectations. Reach ins are being called even if no contact is made. Spence needs to take full advantage of this early in the season before they inevitably back off on the enforcement.

Scoring is definitely up, though. Utah is going to hang 120 on NAIA Evergreen State.

Last edited:
The calls on defense are exceeding my worst expectations. Reach ins are being called even if no contact is made. Spence needs to take full advantage of this early in the season before they inevitably back off on the enforcement.

Scoring is definitely up, though. Utah is going to hang 120 on NAIA Evergreen State.

I know Utah is trying to get wins this year, but 3 non D-1 opponents? Come on.

Tad's last group of recruits (seniors) at Northern Colorado just won at Kansas State, 60-58.

Nice win!

I guess people aren't thrilled to see Alford's debut

BYmtXQqCIAAacjb.jpg:large

Wow! What a difference a year makes!

Miami just dropped a home game in OT to flippin' St. Francis, 66-62.

Arizona 20-36 at the FT line... Jordin Mayes 1 Minute 3 TO'S.

That explains some of why Cal Poly hung as close as they did. An average night from the line would have netted another 5 points and turned that into a blowout.

Ya for whatever reason we never seem to ever steamroll teams that we should. The FT's absolutely killed us and Kyle Odister of CP was killing us. He was 7-14 shooting on the game (all from 3). Kid has some serious range, some of it was bad defense but mainly just a sweet shooting stroke. Whenever it seemed like we were going to pull away they just got a bucket.

Is Drexel any good?

Up and down. Had the same coach since '01 and occasionally make the NIT. I just looked them up and apparently they play in the Colonial. Weird cause I thought like the other Philly schools they were in the A10. So slightly easier conference for them.

VA Tech just lost to USC Upstate.

Questionable when they got rid of Seth Greenburg 2 years ago. Even more questionable that they promoted an assistant from Seth's staff if they weren't happy with the direction of the program.

Back