What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games 10/25-10/26

Understandable. Bobby coached for about 10 years after his unfortunate demise...

Well ... could have been worse. He might have asked Chris how his wife was doing (she died of breast cancer about ten years ago).

Cal down 17-0 after 1Q at Washington. We've certainly got a chance for 1 more win. I would take 4-8 in year 1, as painful as it is.

Stanford @ OSU shaping up to be a good game ... Stanford up 13-3 with about 4 min left in the 3rd, but OSU driving.

13-9 Stanford with :45 to go in the third ... OSU extra point blocked.

Sounds familiar. :huh:

Yeah, this staff needs to learn to take some points. I get that we need to gamble given our situation, but you just can't have long drives that come away with nothing. field goals serve a purpose, believe it or not.

Oregon St making it a good game with seconds left. Good game.

I like how teams with inferior talent can compete in the Pac12, except for CU.

I like how teams with inferior talent can compete in the Pac12, except for CU.

Oregon State: 4* QB breaking out. They build a quality OL. They find burners at skill positions who are undersized and thus overlooked by the big boys.

Oregon State: 4* QB breaking out. They build a quality OL. They find burners at skill positions who are undersized and thus overlooked by the big boys.

Oh, I'm not disputing that they don't do it well. But overall the skill talent is only slightly higher than CU, yet they can build depth and recruit a blue chip QB. No blue chip QB recuit would open an offer letter addressed to him by CU.

Nice win for Stanford. Next up: Oregon visits Palo Alto. Sure would have helped the Pac if they hadn't pissed themselves at Utah.

Oh, I'm not disputing that they don't do it well. But overall the skill talent is only slightly higher than CU, yet they can build depth and recruit a blue chip QB. No blue chip QB recuit would open an offer letter addressed to him by CU.

I think the continuity they have there is big. Remember, Riley went winless in the Pac-12 his first year at OSU, 3-8 (0-8), then 5-6 (2-6). Just pointing out it started out rough, he faced a huge rebuild and now his system is firmly entrenched.

And unfortunately, while they're near the bottom of the Pac-12 in recruiting, they've beaten us out for many OL the last few years. Seems like they typically draw in the 5.6rr recruit while we continuously bring in way too many questionable 5.4rr. Big difference.

Last edited:
Yeah and the fact that he's turned down U$C shows he's in it for the long haul. He's definitely built a downtrodden program. Continuity is key, but he has to be the right guy for the job for it to matter

SDSU with the onside! Great game.

Lulz SDSU with a better OL than CU. And better fullbacks. That fullback had a HUGE hole and ran fast as hell for a 30 yard TD untouched.

Lulz SDSU with a better OL than CU. And better fullbacks. That fullback had a HUGE hole and ran fast as hell for a 30 yard TD untouched.

It's really depressing when not only does our team have MWC-level players in so many spots, but not even the *right* MWC level players. I'm not even sure a couple guys on our OL should be playing FBS football, period.

It's really depressing when not only does our team have MWC-level players in so many spots, but not even the *right* MWC level players. I'm not even sure a couple guys on our OL should be playing FBS football, period.

It's ok, our true frosh next year are going to take the reigns. We are going to suck for a LONG time until we can get skill players (at least more than 1) and are able to RS guys on the OL that are more than "projects."

CU would finish 6th in the MWC and our recruiting with this staff would keep us there. FFS, SDSU looks like they are going to beat FSU. We wouldn't even hang with FSU.

BLOCKED fg. Going to OT. That FSU guy had a nasty vertical.

So SDSU has a kicker that has never made a FG in a game. They just ran him out to try to win the game at the buzzer.

Unfortunately for them, I'm suddenly reminded of the fact that Katie Hnida never made a FG at CU either. Made for Hollywood story meets harsh reality. And the game goes to OT...

Washington beats Cal 41-17. Bit of a misleading score due to Washington taking their foot off the gas and Cal getting 10 junk points. Cal now 1-7 (0-5). They play Arizona in Berkeley next week. Our overall scores have been freakishly similar against common opponents (Oregon: CU loss 57-16, Cal 55-16. Oregon State: CU loss 44-17, Cal 49-17)

Of note, Austin Hinder made a brief appearance. 1/4 for 16 yards.

Fresno wins to get to 7-0. Still have "tricky" (by MWC standards) trips to Wyoming and SJSU. Wyoming is fading, but they have shown flashes this year and Laramie isn't an easy place to play. Meanwhile, SJSU is coming on strong in recent weeks. Fresno will also have to survive the MWC champ game when they'll face Boise State in a rematch (won 41-40 a few weeks ago in round 1)

Back