What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games, Championship Games weekend of 12/2-12/3

I saw that rocket cock punch live and thought "How the F does A) the ref not call a penalty and B) a full on brawl not start?"

Sorry Gus ... "healing process"? While I give cred to the present PSU players and coaches for a great season ... I cannot extend that to what appears to be the majority of their fans and alumni who have willfully disregarded the participation guilt that their icon JoePa must justifiably be branded with.

Props to the present players and coaches for a great season ... but for the majority of the fan base that is still denying JoePa's implicit tolerance of young boy rape ... **** you all.

Ugh. Rough weekend. With one single exception, every team I wanted to win, lost, and every team I wanted to lose, won.

That exception?

**** bailer lost. At least something went right.

Meh - after we lost, I was 100% for Clemson.

The committee's job should be easy: Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson, UW. Rank them any way you want, but that's the 4. There's 4 P5 teams with one loss or less. Easy peasy. Not entirely pleased with OSU being in there, but they're better than PSU anyway.

Just for ****s and giggles, I'd go with Bama #1, then UW #2, Clemson #3, and Ohio State #4. Have to penalize OSU a little bit for not being a conference champ. UW looked like the 2nd best team in the country last night, too.

Whether you like the current setup or not, this is great drama and discussion for college football with the way this season played out. Once we lost the rest of the games played out exactly as I hoped they would to create the maximum amount of controversy.

Committee, you're up

Meh - after we lost, I was 100% for Clemson.

The committee's job should be easy: Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson, UW. Rank them any way you want, but that's the 4. There's 4 P5 teams with one loss or less. Easy peasy. Not entirely pleased with OSU being in there, but they're better than PSU anyway.

Just for ****s and giggles, I'd go with Bama #1, then UW #2, Clemson #3, and Ohio State #4. Have to penalize OSU a little bit for not being a conference champ. UW looked like the 2nd best team in the country last night, too.

Herbstreit on pedo states knob. No way washington gets bumped for them.

This what it looks like to me:

1) Bama
2) tOSU (I still don't buy it ... but obviously the Committee does)
3) Clemson
4) Washington ... or Pedo State?

Michigan needed both a win by us over UDub and a Wiscy win tonight ... didn't happen, g'bye.

What frosts me is that tOSU is given so much ****ing credit for narrow victories over the only strong opponents they faced (other than OU of course, and I don't consider the fuskers to be a strong opponent) and also some narrow escapes from inferior opponents. I've felt all season that the Suckeyes have been overrated all year. I guess it will come down to whether the Committee thinks it's okay to put two teams in the playoff from the same conference .. including one team that lost to the other.

Didn't want to start a new thread for I-AA Playoffs but what an incredible trick play by South Dakota State against NDSU. I hope the Buffs do it in the Alamo Bowl. Awesome play!

I saw that ... at first I thought it would be called back because the ball carrier's knee looked like it was on the ground when he received the ball. But on replay that wasn't the case ... the guy was crouching like a catcher. BRILLIANT!

These teams play very good football at a fraction of the budget of an average BCS level team.

Eventually there is going to be a shake-out forced by the cost of running a football program. I think a good number, even most of a couple conferences are going to end up dropping to FCS.

As a fan would you rather have your team winning at this level or hoping to get into the Famous Potatoes or the Regional Credit Union bowl every few years?

You will lose some fans who think you are no longer "big time" but for a lot of these schools who are having trouble getting 20,000 fans out for a big game now could still get 12-15,000 and save millions of dollars out of their budgets. The TV exposure is less but most of these schools aren't getting much TV exposure now.

I've been to about 70 1-AA games in Missoula, there is a lot of talent at this level. Idaho just moved back down because they couldn't compete in the FBS. There was a lot of discussion for the Griz to move up when Idaho did but the decision was to remain a big fish in a smaller pond which I think was a wise one. Also their full playoff system is superior to the FBS.

I've been to about 70 1-AA games in Missoula, there is a lot of talent at this level. Idaho just moved back down because they couldn't compete in the FBS. There was a lot of discussion for the Griz to move up when Idaho did but the decision was to remain a big fish in a smaller pond which I think was a wise one. Also their full playoff system is superior to the FBS.

The Montana schools are a good example of schools that have benefited from being FCS. I don't want a playoff system at the top level but at the lower levels it is necessary. There simply aren't qualified people who know what is happening with teams all over the country at these levels.

Back