What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games thread 9-19/20

I am going to start a change.org petition that Flukes has to be drunk at all times. It is only an extra 7 hours a week so it shouldn't be to hard for him. I just think it is time he finally gives 100%

I don't agree with the message but the intro of soccer banners is kind of a game changer

siap

[tweet]513708474229067776[/tweet]

I don't agree with the message but the intro of soccer banners is kind of a game changer

siap

[tweet]513708474229067776[/tweet]

Why don't you agree with the message? Having to visit Lincoln, Nebraska is pretty much a nightmare--nothing to do with football.

Regarding Clemson, yea that really let this one get away. You can't come up empty that many times in the red zone in a huge game on the road. I saw a graphic that showed where they had 7 red zone trips and only ended up with the 17 points. They need to stick with Watson at QB.

I'm not sure why I kept watching the Cal game last night, but that was pretty amazing. I feel awful for Cal, especially since that last play probably should have never happened. I'm pretty sure that, on Cal's last drive, I saw an AZ player yank a Cal's player's helmet off, and the refs treated it not as a personal foul, but as if the Cal player did it on his own, thereby reducing the playclock and the amount of time that Cal could run down on the following play. It probably cost Cal about 15-20 seconds. It seemed like there were 1-2 other plays where the refs weren't sure how to handle the clock.

I like drunk Flukes. Fun times.

I don't even think Dan Hawkins could have managed to blow that game. Oh wait. Never mind

I'm not sure why I kept watching the Cal game last night, but that was pretty amazing. I feel awful for Cal, especially since that last play probably should have never happened. I'm pretty sure that, on Cal's last drive, I saw an AZ player yank a Cal's player's helmet off, and the refs treated it not as a personal foul, but as if the Cal player did it on his own, thereby reducing the playclock and the amount of time that Cal could run down on the following play. It probably cost Cal about 15-20 seconds. It seemed like there were 1-2 other plays where the refs weren't sure how to handle the clock.

On the other hand, on Cal's last drive the refs gifted them with a phantom PI call. The most hilarious thing about that collapse was that Cal was getting the calls while it was happening.

FSU, Clemson and 12 teams nowhere near the top 25. Then ACC mediocrity cannibalizes each other and a bunch end up 6-6 and then they rave about how good the league is. No, it's not.

No doubt there's a huge dropoff after FSU and Clemson. It's hard to even say who is the 3rd best team is at this point. BC and Louisville are playing well but they both also have lost a conference game already. Duke is 4-0 but their schedule so far has been nothing short of a complete joke. Plus there was a few ugly losses yesterday by Syracuse and UNC especially, and even Pitt losing at home to Iowa is certainly not a good loss. And Wake barely beat Army.

Their schedule has been equally as weak as Duke's if not worse so I put very little value on that 4-0 record.

Yeah, I think NCSU is more like 9th. Schedule is just a complete joke and they've looked awful for much of it. They finally have to face teams that aren't FCS schools with an enrollment of 1,000 or schools in their first year of FBS. Pretty sure they're about to lose 4 in a row. They'll likely end up bowl eligible due to that OOC, but make no mistake, they suck.

Yeah, I think NCSU is more like 9th. Schedule is just a complete joke and they've looked awful for much of it. They finally have to face teams that aren't FCS schools with an enrollment of 1,000 or schools in their first year of FBS. Pretty sure they're about to lose 4 in a row. They'll likely end up bowl eligible due to that OOC, but make no mistake, they suck.

I disagree with none of that. And I still think that puts them 3rd in the ACC.

Actually, that's not fair to Duke. Cutcliffe has it rolling and the games aren't played on paper. Duke will finish at least 9-3.

I disagree with none of that. And I still think that puts them 3rd in the ACC.

Actually, that's not fair to Duke. Cutcliffe has it rolling and the games aren't played on paper. Duke will finish at least 9-3.

Duke has gone toileting in the OOC as well, but the difference is they're pretty good, NCSU is garbage. I was thinking about it after I posted this, and I think even 9th may be generous for NCSU. Other than Wake and Syracuse, I would struggle to take NCSU over anyone. 2-6 ACC record is about right.

So, for 3rd, I'd say Duke right now. Louisville has a chance to reclaim it in coming weeks.

Regarding Clemson, yea that really let this one get away. You can't come up empty that many times in the red zone in a huge game on the road. I saw a graphic that showed where they had 7 red zone trips and only ended up with the 17 points. They need to stick with Watson at QB.

Hurts pretty bad when you're 2nd and goal from the TWO inch line and the shotgun snap (for what reason no one knows) is snapped over the qb's head all the way back to the 30. That's 2012 CU style horrible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No way NCSU is the 3rd best team in the ACC. Nik, there's no doubt the ACC is full of mediocre teams after you get past FSU and Clemson but the conference isn't nearly as bad as you're making it out to be.

Cal's problems last year were not due to a lack of talent. The coaches lost the team and they went into meltdown mode.

Last night may be the perfect excuse for Cal to do a repeat performance and meltdown again. Their players have to remember what happened last year and it can't help but be running through every one of their kids minds, coaches as well.

No way NCSU is the 3rd best team in the ACC. Nik, there's no doubt the ACC is full of mediocre teams after you get past FSU and Clemson but the conference isn't nearly as bad as you're making it out to be.

NCSU is better than you guys think they are. They'll win 8 or 9.

NCSU is better than you guys think they are. They'll win 8 or 9.

Looking at their schedule I'm thinking more like 6 or 7 wins. If they're even only halfway decent they could easily get to 8-9 wins with that schedule but this team underachieved in a big way under Doeren last year.

Looking at their schedule I'm thinking more like 6 or 7 wins. If they're even only halfway decent they could easily get to 8-9 wins with that schedule but this team underachieved in a big way under Doeren last year.

Schedule is weak, for sure. We could reach 6 or 7 with it. However, do you trust them to win games like @ UNC, @ Louisville or Georgia Tech at home? I presume Nik does if he thinks they're winning 8 or 9. I don't even necessarily trust them to beat BC or win @ Syracuse. Could easily see them dropping one of those. I saw them against ODU and Ga State and I saw a bad football team.

Schedule is weak, for sure. We could reach 6 or 7 with it. However, do you trust them to win games like @ UNC, @ Louisville or Georgia Tech at home? I presume Nik does if he thinks they're winning 8 or 9. I don't even necessarily trust them to beat BC or win @ Syracuse. Could easily see them dropping one of those. I saw them against ODU and Ga State and I saw a bad football team.

Absolutely not, which is why I only see them winning 6 or 7. The way BC is playing right now I don't see them winning that game.

Back