What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other Games Thread, Saturday, 9/10

I don't think Webb would have ever thrown 72 passes in a game here, so I guess he's getting what he wanted, game-ending picks and all.

Dick.
He also missed an open receiver enroute to the end zone, before the interception. He could have been a hero!

Why do people care about about how the Pac-12 looks?
Umm, because CU has nine games against Pac12 teams on the schedule and it's interesting to size up the competition. And based on how they look, set some expectations about whether or not CU can realistically win a minimum of four games in order to become bowl eligible.

Also the Big12 is off to a rocky start so its natural to care about how OOC games might impact playoff selection decisions a few months from now. Sure would be nice for the B12 to be on the outside looking in, instead of the P12.

Do you even college football, bruh?

Last edited by a moderator:
Pac12 south:
ASU looks like they have offense figured out, but not D. Poorly coached again on that side.
UofA struggling to figure out their offense and who they are. D is improved, but they are ordinary overall, at best.
UCLA struggling with new O and D is undisciplined (again).
Utah QB is brilliant and awful all at once. O is struggling. ST and D is very good. Expect KW to lock down offense and hope his D carries them.
USC is an enigma.

P.S. - My interest lies in assessing anyone we are going to play, as well as how these teams show nationally, as that helps determine which fringe teams make a bowl (in case that's us).

Pac12 south:
ASU looks like they have offense figured out, but not D. Poorly coached again on that side.
UofA struggling to figure out their offense and who they are. D is improved, but they are ordinary overall, at best.
UCLA struggling with new O and D is undisciplined (again).
Utah QB is brilliant and awful all at once. O is struggling. ST and D is very good. Expect KW to lock down offense and hope his D carries them.
USC is an enigma.

P.S. - My interest lies in assessing anyone we are going to play, as well as how these teams show nationally, as that helps determine which fringe teams make a bowl (in case that's us).

Based on first two weeks, I'd guess oddsmakers would see
CU favored over Arizona
Underdogs vs USC
Mixed opinion vs Utah, UCLA, ASU.

Looks like 3rd in the South is in reach, playing for CCG is a stretch, and the basement looks unlikely.

I hope Dykes loses every game by <3 while Davis runs up multiple 500yd passing games and is drafted #2 overall. Epic blue balls for snagging him away from the Buffs.
But those 500 yards should always come in over 70 attempts with a dismal completion rate and a few critical interceptions.

Anyway, next week's schedule has some interesting games that should show us a bit more about the conference.

I do think the South looks wide open. Could see lots of up and downs from week to week.

except from us. Just want to see up, up, UP!

Holy crap...can you imagine the teeth nashing of the other Pac 12 fans if we won the south? Or even the Pac 12 Championship? Talk about panic and mayhem! (sp)

except from us. Just want to see up, up, UP!

Holy crap...can you imagine the teeth nashing of the other Pac 12 fans if we won the south? Or even the Pac 12 Championship? Talk about panic and mayhem! (sp)

Eh, I think most would say it was only because it was a weak conference this year. Just like when they said that when the basketball team won.

Eh, I think most would say it was only because it was a weak conference this year. Just like when they said that when the basketball team won.

Who cares? Just wave your Championship ring in front of 'em.

Or your middle finger. Whichever works best for you.

Here's the end of that Okie State game. Interesting that Mike Pereira chimed in on the untimed down while the refs were looking at the TD:

If you're Okie Lite, you've got to be livid.

BUT, in the grand scheme of things, it probably doesn't actually matter much, unless they just fall apart and end up missing bowl eligibility by one game.

If by some odd chance they ended up running the table from here on out and were in playoff consideration, I can't imagine a situation where the committee forgets that the Okie Lite actually did win the game.

Back