What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other Games Thread - Week 10

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Whole lot of suck on tonight. Got to assume that the NCAA made sure that as many eyeballs as possible were on the football championship.

VT beats Louisville in the second half, but fails to overcome 19 point first half deficit and goes on to lose
78-63. Nobody outside of Kentucky cares.

Good thing VT fired Greenberg. Barely missing the Dance was much more painful for fans than sucking ass.

Duke going down at home.

Greenberg probably had to go, it wasn't firing him that was the mistake. What we (Jim Weaver) fucjked up, was the timing of the dismissal and hiring of Johnson as replacement.

But yeah, I'd give a lot to be back to watching the bubble every March like we did back in SG's tenure ("you can't spell Virginia Tech without 'N-I-T'").

Wow I cant believe duke lost to the canes...

Miami is solid this year and always very well coached. Surprising only because it was in Cameron and their second loss in a row.

UVA with a 2 game advantage on Duke. 1 game over Louisville, Carolina and Notre Dame.

Miami is solid this year and always very well coached. Surprising only because it was in Cameron and their second loss in a row.

UVA with a 2 game advantage on Duke. 1 game over Louisville, Carolina and Notre Dame.
they lost to Eastern Kentucky and Wiscy Greenbay

they lost to Eastern Kentucky and Wiscy Greenbay

Yeah, maybe my previous post come off as sounding like I wasn't at all surprised. Of course I was, just meant Miami beating Duke at home wouldn't have been a complete shocker…in Cameron it certainly is a surprise, especially by 16.

Anyway, Miami lost to the #2 team in the country in 2OT and just won by 16 at #4. I have no idea what they were doing against Eastern Kentucky (although Rodriguez not hitting a single shot from the floor likely had something to do with it), but the committee is usually going to be more forgiving of a team with a bad loss or two that also proved it can play with the big boys than a team who avoids bad losses but gets crushed by quality teams, IMO.

Green Bay is 14-3 and a solid team that probably goes dancing, doubt that loss does any harm to Miami's resume.

Today is a ridiculously good day for college hoops.

#4 Duke @ #6 Louisville (10am, ESPN)

Miami (coming off Duke win) @ #12 Notre Dame (12pm, ESPN2)

Ohio State @ Iowa (12pm, ESPN) -- 1st matchup between them was really good when Iowa won at Columbus

Florida @ Georgia (12pm, CBS) -- both teams will be bubbly on Selection Sunday and need this one

#22 Baylor @ KSU (1pm, ESPNU) -- **** bailer

#1 Kentucky @ Alabama (2pm, ESPN) -- before a horrible loss at tUSC, Bama looked like the 2nd best in the SEC

Michigan State @ #14 Maryland (2pm, CBS) -- cheering for Tad's buddy Turgeon

Butler @ Georgetown (3pm, FS1) -- both are 3-2 in a very deep Big East & this is a very bubbly game

UNLV @ SDSU (4pm, CBSSN) -- Rebs were surprisingly decent but now these teams are heading in opposite directions in MWC.

#16 West Virginia @ #20 Texas (4:15, ESPN) -- WVU has been nails this year, UT has ridiculously underperformed its talent. I'd bet on Huggy Bear.

#8 Utah @ #10 Arizona (5pm, PACN) -- winner is in 1st place. More important for UA (home & they dropped a conference game already)

#24 Okie Lite @ #18 Okie (5pm, ESPN2) -- rivalries are fun. I'm not sure what to make of either of these teams yet.

Temple @ Cincinnati (5:30pm, ESPNU) -- good game that won't draw much interest from casual fans

Providence @ Creighton (5:30pm, ESPNU) -- another good game that won't draw much interest from casual fans. Providence needs this for bubble.

#9 Kansas @ #11 Iowa State (7pm, ESPN) -- building is going to be rocking in Ames. Gameday is there today.

UConn @ Stanford (7pm, ESPN2) -- this is huge for the Pac-12 and huge for UConn to get its season back on track

BYU @ Saint Mary's (9pm, ESPN2) -- should be a fun game between two good teams that can shoot the rock

(As usual, my enjoyment and interest in watching basketball will be largely determined by CU's performance at ASU at 2:30 on PACN)

Duke is playing some sick defense today, but I expect a Louisville comeback.

In other news, Tulsa is crushing USF on the road and will move to 5-0 in the AAC. I was down on Frank Haith as a HC, but what he's doing there this year is making me think that he'll earn another big job opportunity before his career is done.

Forget what I said about Louisville having a run in them. Duke is dismantling them on both ends. Statement game. 44-25 at 14:08.

Back