What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other Games Thread - Week 15 (plus rankings)

You knew a loss was coming but the last place I expected it was against BC, at home no less. They'll drop one if not both of the games at Duke and at UVA. Terrible night for Fair despite scoring 20 and you this game also shows how much Cooney is a big part of their offense and when he's off they struggle. BC also got very hot from 3-point range in the 2nd half.
1% chance of it happening according to ESPN, 4% according to Ken Pom. Only two times have #1 been defeated by a sub-500 team at home, and that was in 1950/1955.

Why do you think they didn't do so great in OOC play but have done so well in ACC play?

They have ridiculous depth and hadn't found working rotations. Also true freshman PG London Perrantes broke out when ACC play started. Any NCAA opponent that looks at OOC scores and feels good is in for a rude awakening. Night and day difference

They have ridiculous depth and hadn't found working rotations. Also true freshman PG London Perrantes broke out when ACC play started. Any NCAA opponent that looks at OOC scores and feels good is in for a rude awakening. Night and day difference
Noticed that with the UTenn one specifically.

Noticed that with the UTenn one specifically.

That proved to be the major wake up call. They've been on fire since. A season is a season and it is what it is on the resume, but it's a clear case of 2013 and 2014 being night and day different

Duke does a great job with having the students lined all the way around the court. It's amazing how close the Cameron crazies are to press row. CVille or anyone else been there? I've heard that Cameron has very tight quarters all the way around.

Duke does a great job with having the students lined all the way around the court. It's amazing how close the Cameron crazies are to press row. CVille or anyone else been there? I've heard that Cameron has very tight quarters all the way around.
Haven't been there, the announcers are above the court. When GameDay has been there in the past(not this time around), they have to broadcast from outside the building since the venue can't handle the set.

I think the Duke - Syracuse game has PAC12 officials tonight... that intentional a few minutes ago was as bad a call as I've ever seen

I think the Duke - Syracuse game has PAC12 officials tonight... that intentional a few minutes ago was as bad a call as I've ever seen

Carolina refs (favoring Duke and UNC) are pretty no​torious.[FONT=lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif] [/FONT]​

Cuse's shooting has been terrible particularly down the stretch in the first half. SU made just 3 FG's over the last 12 minutes of the half. If Duke had hit some of their shots early on they'd have a decent lead right now.

Cuse's shooting has been terrible particularly down the stretch in the first half. SU made just 3 FG's over the last 12 minutes of the half. If Duke had hit some of their shots early on they'd have a decent lead right now.
There was a load of activity in the first half with not a lot of points to show for it... on both sides.

HUGE charge call on Fair and Boeheim loses his mind and gets 2 technicals after that call. I actually thought the call could've gone either way

I've been to Cameron at least five times for men's basketball games and had 'seats' on the benches with the crazies for two of them (my butt never touched the bench). They line students all along the half-dozen or so lowest rows on the side-line opposite the teams and scorers' table.

It helps when you have a legendary team like Duke (never mind the small size of the University -- Duke gets almost all of the Wal-Mart fans), with a 9000 seat arena, in a college hoops crazed area like the Triangle. It's probably fair to say that Duke's success breeds more student involvement as basketball crazed geeks choose Duke over Vanderbilt, Georgia Tech or other elite academic institutions of the South.

I've been to Cameron at least five times for men's basketball games and had 'seats' on the benches with the crazies for two of them (my butt never touched the bench). They line students all along the half-dozen or so lowest rows on the side-line opposite the teams and scorers' table.

It helps when you have a legendary team like Duke (never mind the small size of the University -- Duke gets almost all of the Wal-Mart fans), with a 9000 seat arena, in a college hoops crazed area like the Triangle. It's probably fair to say that Duke's success breeds more student involvement as basketball crazed geeks choose Duke over Vanderbilt, Georgia Tech or other elite academic institutions of the South.
Duke has to have one the smallest percentages of fans who are alumni, like you said they get the "Wal Mart" population -- don't have a team or your team isn't good, root for Duke. I always like to joke you should never "root" for a team, when you've never stepped foot in their arena or stadium.

Back