What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games thread

#15 Indiana defeated #2 Ohio State 74-70 tonight in Bloomington. Indiana is now 13-1 and has defeated Kentucky and now Ohio State, with their only loss coming at Michigan State. IU will certainly be well into the top 10 when the new rankings come out. Tom Crean finally has the Hoosiers playing at a level not seen in Bloomington in longer than you'd imagine. This is the best Hoosier team since the early 90s. Knight's last really good Hoosier squad was in 92/93 (after that they fell off a bit, never making it past the Second Round his final six seasons). Mike Davis got IU to the Final in 01/02, but anyone who followed the Dance that year knew it was a fluke, with IU being an 8 seed that had 12 losses. I think even Crean didn't quite understand the magnitude of the rebuilding project he was facing when he left Marquette for IU. He's had to lay some serious groundwork, going 6-25, 10-21 and 12-20 in his first three seasons. While the win over Kentucky was impressive, tonight's win over Ohio State - one of the teams that his risen to prominence in the B1G in the decade that IU has been down - signals IU's official return.

Bzdelik's Deacs are improved this year, but they still have a long, long way to go. WF lost at home to Wofford, 56-52 tonight, to fall to 9-5. Expect them to finish around 9th/10th in the ACC.

Quick check-in on a couple past opponents:

Georgia has bounced back with 5 straight wins to get to 9-5, including a road win at Southern Cal. The Dawgs look set to finish in the middle of the pack in the SEC.

Turgeon has Maryland up to 10-3. They've had a bunch of close wins over the sisters of the poor, but considering how depleted the Terp roster is this year, 10-3 is far more than was expected at this point. While they're bound to pick up a bunch of losses in the ACC, this is the worst the ACC has ever been so they have a decent shot to finish with a winning overall record (5-6 wins in the ACC).

Wichita State is 10-3 (1-1). After the disappointment of going 1-2 in Puerto Rico they were able to reel off 8 straight wins, including a 89-70 victory over then #20 UNLV which will prove valuable come March. Unfortunately in their most recent game they lost 68-61 at home to #19 Creighton. Creighton looks like the favorite to win the MVC thus far, but I know the Shockers are determined to get the automatic bid this year

Bzdelik's Deacs are improved this year, but they still have a long, long way to go. WF lost at home to Wofford, 56-52 tonight, to fall to 9-5. Expect them to finish around 9th/10th in the ACC.

Wake is terrible, does bzdelk make it to the opening tip next year? Wake is the 11th best team in the p12, they would probably beat utah, they lost to asu by 28.

Wake is terrible, does bzdelk make it to the opening tip next year? Wake is the 11th best team in the p12, they would probably beat utah, they lost to asu by 28.

Pretty remarkable that they lost to ASU by 28.

Yet somehow, at 9-5, he's already surpassed the win total last year in which they were 8-24 (1-15). With the ACC being the worst its ever been this year, he's got a shot to find some wins against Boston College, Georgia Tech, Clemson and Maryland. If he avoids another complete humiliation in conference play - like avoiding a 2-14 record - I think he gets another year. That's certainly not guaranteed though

Wyoming is now up to 13-2 overall heading into MWC play - should be interesting to see how they fare in league play. My guess is 3rd/4th behind UNLV, SDSU and potentially New Mexico.

Wyoming is now up to 13-2 overall heading into MWC play - should be interesting to see how they fare in league play. My guess is 3rd/4th behind UNLV, SDSU and potentially New Mexico.

RPI. We need Wyoming, CSU, Maryland and Wichita State to keep winning so our losses don't look so bad. Also, we need Georgia and Air Force to be quality wins. Would help a lot if Western Michigan got its act together in conference play to help the points from that, too.

So basically, everyone we play needs to do really well with the rest of their seasons

Pretty much. The Pac-12 isn't strong enough to overcome a non-conference schedule that makes is look like we lost to mediocre teams and didn't beat any good teams.

On a positive note, the guys on Gameday were saying that Maryland is one of the main threats to finish 3rd in the ACC.

I would also expect Texas Southern to pretty much dominate its league and get into the NCAA tourney.

In other good news, Western Michigan has gone 6-2 over its last 8 games with both losses being on the road (one at Duke). They start conference play today and could very well end up as one of the top teams in the MAC. It seems like they've gotten their act together.

Games to watch today:

Pac-12
Washington @ Utah (12pm)
Stanford @ Oregon State (8pm)
ASU @ UCLA (8:30pm)

Other CU Opponents
W Michigan @ Ball State (12pm)
Wichita St @ S Illinois (1pm)
Fresno St @ Idaho (4pm)
Alabama @ Georgia (5pm)
Prairie View A&M @ Texas Southern (5pm)
Nebraska-Omaha @ CSU (7pm)
Texas-Pan Am @ UCSB (8pm)

Last night, Air Force got to 9-4 with a win over Chicago State.

Pretty much. The Pac-12 isn't strong enough to overcome a non-conference schedule that makes is look like we lost to mediocre teams and didn't beat any good teams.

On a positive note, the guys on Gameday were saying that Maryland is one of the main threats to finish 3rd in the ACC.

I would also expect Texas Southern to pretty much dominate its league and get into the NCAA tourney.

In other good news, Western Michigan has gone 6-2 over its last 8 games with both losses being on the road (one at Duke). They start conference play today and could very well end up as one of the top teams in the MAC. It seems like they've gotten their act together.

Games to watch today:

Pac-12
Washington @ Utah (12pm)
Stanford @ Oregon State (8pm)
ASU @ UCLA (8:30pm)

Other CU Opponents
W Michigan @ Ball State (12pm)
Wichita St @ S Illinois (1pm)
Fresno St @ Idaho (4pm)
Alabama @ Georgia (5pm)
Prairie View A&M @ Texas Southern (5pm)
Nebraska-Omaha @ CSU (7pm)
Texas-Pan Am @ UCSB (8pm)

Last night, Air Force got to 9-4 with a win over Chicago State.

-I've had my eye on that Alabama/Georgia game. Alabama hasn't been quite as strong as expected this year, it would be a big boost if Georgia could hold them off at home. Not sure I see it happening, but the SEC as almost as inconsistent as the Pac-12 (as evidenced by 7-7 Tennessee beating the **** out of #14 Florida right now)

-Need Fresno State to get that win at Idaho. Fresno State has a 7-9 record overall, but is 2-3 against Pac-12 opponents.

-Wichita should take care of business, Southern Illinois sucks. Wichita is coming on strong, and we need that continue.

Continuing to keep up with our OOC:

Maryland held off Bzdelik's Demon Deacons 70-64 in College Park tonight. Terps are now 11-4 (1-1) and should be able to defeat Georgia Tech in their next game (also at home). While the record looks pretty good at this point, it would be a miracle for Turgeon to get UMD to 8-8 in the ACC.

As expected, Georgia is off to a rough start in SEC play, losing big to Alabama and @ Florida. Now they have @ Vanderbilt. That's as tough a stretch as you'll find in the SEC without Kentucky being involved. 'Dawgs are 9-7 (0-2). Sucks that this isn't going to turn out to be anywhere near the quality win that we need it to be.

CSU got a win over a decent Denver team tonight at Moby. Rams are 11-4 heading into conference play and should defeat TCU and Boise State at home to start things off before things get considerably more difficult. As always, **** CSU.

Air Force is sitting at 10-4, but the fact that their best win is against Eastern Michigan sums up the situation there. Hard to see AFA finishing above 6th in the MWC.

Wyoming is already 14-2. With the way they looked against CU, you'd think they're a strong candidate finish 3rd in the MWC behind UNLV and SDSU, but it's hard to tell because CU and Denver are the only two teams they've faced that are remotely decent (they lost @ Denver by 11). Very strange schedule as they've played Utah Valley and Idaho State both twice.

Last edited:
Bzdelik basketball is painful to watch.

Midway through the 2nd half, they've scored 25 total points against NC State.

P.S. It's a home game for Wake.

FSU just absolutely destroyed Crybaby Roy and his Heels today in Tallahassee, 90-57. Great win for the Noles, proving that they've gotten their **** together after a start to the season that didn't come close to meeting expectations. Still, at the end of the day, I'd be surprised for FSU to finish any higher than 4th in the ACC. As bad as UNC was today, you know they'll be the near to top of the standings when all is set and done, Duke is always there, and UVA is a legitimate top 20 team.

FSU just absolutely destroyed Crybaby Roy and his Heels today in Tallahassee, 90-57. Great win for the Noles, proving that they've gotten their **** together after a start to the season that didn't come close to meeting expectations. Still, at the end of the day, I'd be surprised for FSU to finish any higher than 4th in the ACC. As bad as UNC was today, you know they'll be the near to top of the standings when all is set and done, Duke is always there, and UVA is a legitimate top 20 team.

He's also a sore loser.

Williams took his team -- except for five walk-ons who finished the game -- from the court with 14.2 seconds left in expectation of the court-storming by the Florida State fans.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=320140052

Tonight KU proved what we already knew: The Big XII basketball title always runs through Lawrence. #3 Baylor went into Lawrence 17-0 tonight and left 17-1 after a 92-74 defeat. #7 KU is now atop the Big XII with a 5-0 record, with Baylor and Mizzou both at 4-1.

Tonight KU proved what we already knew: The Big XII basketball title always runs through Lawrence. #3 Baylor went into Lawrence 17-0 tonight and left 17-1 after a 92-74 defeat. #7 KU is now atop the Big XII with a 5-0 record, with Baylor and Mizzou both at 4-1.

Baylor will return the favor next month in Waco.

Finally got some help from Georgia tonight, Dawgs beat the Vols in OT to improve to 10-8 (1-3). UGA has another winnable game coming up vs Ole Miss.

Wyoming won at Air Force tonight

Virginia blew out GT last night 70-38, and that was in Atlanta. :wow:

They're lurking in the top 25, ranked around 15/16, but they are firing on all cylinders, Carolina. If you aren't familiar with Mike Scott, get familiar. The Duke/UNC hype machine doesn't want to admit it yet, but no one in the ACC is even close to taking ACC POY honors away from Scott. They play that slow, deliberate offense under Bennett that isn't always the sexiest to watch, but they are talented and play some of the best defense I have ever seen. I think they have the potential to go very deep in this years Big Dance.

They're lurking in the top 25, ranked around 15/16, but they are firing on all cylinders, Carolina. If you aren't familiar with Mike Scott, get familiar. The Duke/UNC hype machine doesn't want to admit it yet, but no one in the ACC is even close to taking ACC POY honors away from Scott. They play that slow, deliberate offense under Bennett that isn't always the sexiest to watch, but they are talented and play some of the best defense I have ever seen. I think they have the potential to go very deep in this years Big Dance.

I'd like to see UVA have a good year, the ACC desperately needs someone outside of Tobacco Road to step it up. Looking at the schedule UVA should win their next 4 but things get quite a bit tougher in February.

I'd like to see UVA have a good year, the ACC desperately needs someone outside of Tobacco Road to step it up. Looking at the schedule UVA should win their next 4 but things get quite a bit tougher in February.

I think they'll finish 11-5 in the ACC. 10-6 with some tough breaks, 12-4 if some bounces go their way. Winning on the road in the ACC is never easy, but they showed last night that they've got the composure to take care of business and avoid most of the landmines against lesser opponents on the road. I think I'll go to the VT game on Sunday - Greenberg is really feeling the heat right now.

I think they'll finish 11-5 in the ACC. 10-6 with some tough breaks, 12-4 if some bounces go their way. Winning on the road in the ACC is never easy, but they showed last night that they've got the composure to take care of business and avoid most of the landmines against lesser opponents on the road. I think I'll go to the VT game on Sunday - Greenberg is really feeling the heat right now.

Looking at their remaining road games, the easiest one in the bunch is at NCSU but the other 5 will be tough including at Blacksburg. VT had the holes on the ropes last night until they suddenly stopped playing. The other 4 - at Clemson, at UNC, at FSU, and at MD will all be very tough.

Looking at their remaining road games, the easiest one in the bunch is at NCSU but the other 5 will be tough including at Blacksburg. VT had the holes on the ropes last night until they suddenly stopped playing. The other 4 - at Clemson, at UNC, at FSU, and at MD will all be very tough.

ACC road is never easy, but NCSU, Clemson and Maryland are *all* down this year, relatively speaking. I could see dropping one of those three on the road, but anything beyond that would be a disappointment. Obviously @UNC and @FSU will be really difficult. FSU still remains somewhat of a mystery - that beatdown they put on UNC was great, but they had been a disappointment up until then and it remains to be seen if they can find any consistency. VT is sinking fast, 0-4 in the ACC and they have @UVA, @UMD and Duke up next. They're staring an 0-7 start right in the face. Ouch. By the time UVA has to visit Blacksburg in late February they might not be anything more than a broken team trying to lay an ambush in a half empty arena.

Down year for the ACC overall. Instead of going 8 or 9 deep like we've seen in some years, it only goes 4 deep (Duke, UNC, UVA, FSU). That middle tier just isn't there this year. Long gone are the days where you could have a top 25 team and still end up 7-9 in ACC play

Huge win for Missouri at Baylor today.

KU at Texas playing on CBS right now but for some reason I'm getting UConn at Tenn. :wtf:

Melo will miss Cuse's next 2 games due to academic reasons which includes tonight's game at ND.

In the FSU-Duke game the Duke students are wearing caution tape on their heads, what's up with that? Cville?

Huge win for Missouri at Baylor today.

KU at Texas playing on CBS right now but for some reason I'm getting UConn at Tenn. :wtf:

Melo will miss Cuse's next 2 games due to academic reasons which includes tonight's game at ND.

In the FSU-Duke game the Duke students are wearing caution tape on their heads, what's up with that? Cville?

Know you don't share my feelings, but I despise Duke. Glad FSU pulled this off!! Sweetness. >>>-------->

Well ****, Cuse loses at ND. They were bound to lose at UConn or at Louisville but it sucks that their first loss comes these guys. ND played well tonight though.

Well ****, Cuse loses at ND. They were bound to lose at UConn or at Louisville but it sucks that their first loss comes these guys. ND played well tonight though.

Somewhat surprising given that this has been one of ND's worst teams in recent years (came into the game today 11-8). Going to tough again for Syracuse in their next one, on the road against those thugs in Cincinnati Bearcat uniforms.

We continue to not get much help from OOC opponents.

Air Force loses 57-44 at #16 SDSU (no surprise there). Falcons still 11-5 (1-1) so there's a little hope.

Wyoming beats up on CSU. Pokes now 16-3 (2-1), CSU 13-5 (2-1). Both likely to both finish in middle of the pack in the MWC, but Wyoming has a chance to be near the top. CSU sucks, shouldn't have let that one get away.

Wichita State won a conference game by 43 today. Shockers 17-3 (8-1). Need them to win the MVC over favorite Creighton.

Maryland loses 73-60 at Temple. Terps 12-6 (2-2)

Western Michigan beats Central Michigan, but Western Mich. is still only 9-10 (3-2).

Georgia loses at home to Ole Miss. Georgia sucks. 10-9 (1-4). Seemed like a decent win at the time.

Fresno State loses to Nevada. Not gonna get any help here. Bulldogs 9-11 (1-3).

Texas Southern wins and is in second place in their conference. Be nice if they won it and gave us a boost.

Back