What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games thread

Sports talk radio was lamenting the possibility that Nash (frosh, Okie lite) would use this game as a confidence springboard and end up declaring for the draft after this year. They could have talked more about the game, etc., but chose focus their attention on the "what if's".

I was just listening to a podcast and they said that Alabama and S. Carolina went a combined 9-58 from 3 last night. I couldn't believe it, I actually looked up the box to verify. Apparently both teams were sitting back in a zone and they each kept on launching and missing 3's. Terrible basketball.

I was just listening to a podcast and they said that Alabama and S. Carolina went a combined 9-58 from 3 last night. I couldn't believe it, I actually looked up the box to verify. Apparently both teams were sitting back in a zone and they each kept on launching and missing 3's. Terrible basketball.

I watched UVA shoot 7% from 3 last Sunday. It was unreal

UVA tried to blow their game at NCSU but they manage to hang on for the win. Big conference road win for UVA to move them into the top 4 of the conference standings.

UVA tried to blow their game at NCSU but they manage to hang on for the win. Big conference road win for UVA to move them into the top 4 of the conference standings.

Nice win. NCSU always used to be a thorn in UVA's side, but UVA has owned them as of late. Pretty sure the win in Raleigh tonight makes it 7/8 over the Pack. Now it's back to Charlottesville to play Clemson before **** gets serious at Florida State

Nice win. NCSU always used to be a thorn in UVA's side, but UVA has owned them as of late. Pretty sure the win in Raleigh tonight makes it 7/8 over the Pack. Now it's back to Charlottesville to play Clemson before **** gets serious at Florida State

I didn't realize they lost to VT at home, that's a tough one. Those late-season home games against FSU and unc will be big.

I didn't realize they lost to VT at home, that's a tough one. Those late-season home games against FSU and unc will be big.

That game sucked. A starter, Assane Sene went down and is gone for the season baring a deep run in March. He wasn't a big scorer or anything, but he's a senior who was a big part of the defense in the post and a good rebounder. Took them a while to find their way after he went down, but the win tonight was really encouraging. They'll get revenge on them in Blacksburg.

CSU won big over SDSU. AF just lost by 2 to UNLV in OT.

Using the logic from that NDSU fan for football:
NDSU beat Minnesota at Minnesota, Minnesota only lost by 2 to USC, and USC beat Colorado, so NDSU in theory would easily beat CU could we say that
CU beat Air Force at Air Force, Air Force only lost by 2 to UNLV, and UNLV beat North Carolina, so CU would easily beat UNC?

I think we should take this argument to the selection committee in march

NDSU beat Minnesota at Minnesota, Minnesota only lost by 2 to USC, and USC beat Colorado, so NDSU in theory would easily beat CU could we say that
CU beat Air Force at Air Force, Air Force only lost by 2 to UNLV, and UNLV beat North Carolina, so CU would easily beat UNC?

No, that's 'tini's logic.

That game sucked. A starter, Assane Sene went down and is gone for the season baring a deep run in March. He wasn't a big scorer or anything, but he's a senior who was a big part of the defense in the post and a good rebounder. Took them a while to find their way after he went down, but the win tonight was really encouraging. They'll get revenge on them in Blacksburg.

OK , I heard on the radio that UVA had a key injury but I couldn't recall who it was. I went to a game in Raleigh last month and that place is more like an NBA atmosphere than a college atmosphere but regardless a conference road win is always big.

That logic is built into our Strength Of Schedule and, therefore, our RPI. That's looking strong.

Now it's up to us. Beat UO and OSU this week at home. Follow it up with at least 2/3 on the UA/ASU/UU. That would put us at 18-8 (10-4) with a good shot at getting where we want to be.

Big XII minus 4 showing some teeth on the road this week. MU losing at GIA and ISU beats KU at Hilton. two tough road venues, for sure. OSU does suck though. Not sure why Hoiberg is untouchable at ISU, they haven't been any good. meanwhile, Greg McDermott doing a nice job at Creighton i guess.

That logic is built into our Strength Of Schedule and, therefore, our RPI. That's looking strong.

Now it's up to us. Beat UO and OSU this week at home. Follow it up with at least 2/3 on the UA/ASU/UU. That would put us at 18-8 (10-4) with a good shot at getting where we want to be.

u thinking 2/3 winning the tempe and utah games.... my thinking is as long as we go into the p12 tourney in the top 3 -4 spots, we have a great shot of at least the nit, and possibly the ncaa, what's ur thinking?

u thinking 2/3 winning the tempe and utah games.... my thinking is as long as we go into the p12 tourney in the top 3 -4 spots, we have a great shot of at least the nit, and possibly the ncaa, what's ur thinking?

That's pretty much where I'm at. But I also think we're in great shape for NIT with a 5 or 6 seed and the opener against Utah or USC that goes with that for a likely extra win.

Murray State is going to make a mess of Big Dance seeding if they finish undefeated. Credit to them for a solid season thus far at 21-0, but they are not better than teams they're ranked far ahead of like Florida, Virginia, Michigan and Wisconsin. They're playing in the Ohio Valley Conference in which their toughest competition is 11-9 Southeast Missouri State. You can't really fault them for having some close wins, especially on the road, because it's just not really the nature of college hoops to win every game by 30 points. However, they should be doubted due to the competition they've faced.

Quick checkup on some OOC teams we've faced:
-CSU helped us out with that nice 77-60 win over #12 SDSU. Rams now 14-6 (3-2). **** them.
-Wyoming is also continuing their nice season. Pokes now 17-4 (3-2).
-Unfortunately Air Force dropped a close one to #15 UNLV, 65-63 in OT. The Falcons are starting to fall apart, this was their 4th loss in a row, falling to 11-8 (1-4). Hopefully they can give us a boost by beating UNM next
-Maryland beat VT 73-69, Terps are now 13-7 (3-3). Need them to get a win at Miami next.
-Wichita State ****ed up and lost to Drake. Shockers now 18-4 (9-2), one game behind #14 Creighton in the MVC.
-Georgia continues to suck. Dawgs are 10-10 (1-5). Have some winnable games up next, but we lost the chance for this to be a decent win long ago.
-Western Michigan is doing pretty well in the MAC at 4-3, but that brutal schedule they faced to start the season is really hurting their overall record (10-11).

-

OK , I heard on the radio that UVA had a key injury but I couldn't recall who it was. I went to a game in Raleigh last month and that place is more like an NBA atmosphere than a college atmosphere but regardless a conference road win is always big.

Got the victory over Clemson tonight. Now 18-3 (5-2). Should be a good one in Tallahassee on Saturday

I caught some of the 2nd half. Clemson hung tough even when UVA threatened to pull away a couple of times. And Mike Scott is good.

Scott deserves ACC POY assuming he keeps this up. It would be highway robbery to give it to anyone else. Clemson played tough, I can see how they gave FSU fits.

Congratulations on a free win vs the Ducks..... They ****ing SUCK. God this **** is depressing all of the teams I follow playing in the NHL,NBA and College basketball suck dick.

DU Pioneers putting it on Mid Tennessee State who prior to this game was unbeaten at 10-0 atop the Sun Belt. Good showing for another Front Range squad.

I should add: On a national ESPN2 broadcast, no less.

Maryland led UNC for much of the game but ultimately lost, that sucks. Would have been a great boost for us. Maryland falls to 13-9 (3-5)

CSU got the win over Air Force. Rams move to 15-7 (4-3), Air Froce drops to 11-10 (1-6). Disappointing for the Falcons, they should be better than this.

And yes, excellent win for Wyoming over #13 UNLV. Pokes move to 18-5 (4-3). I'll take any RPI boost we can get.

Back