What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games weekend of 10/13-10/15

They probably could have played on Sunday, but models had the North-Central part of the state getting nailed and I'm sure many travel long distance for UF games. Seems in the end Eastern NC got it far worse than anyone with the flooding..

A lot of issues. You had LSU having to travel there and get settled in the night before. Questions about if the hotel would be ready for them, the airport, ground transport.

Then you have the fans accessing the stadium and if the storm had turned you may not have even had utilities to the game.

Lots more important things in that situation that a football game but they could have done a faster and better job of rescheduling it.

They probably could have played on Sunday, but models had the North-Central part of the state getting nailed and I'm sure many travel long distance for UF games. Seems in the end Eastern NC got it far worse than anyone with the flooding..

They played in South Carolina on Sunday under sunny skies so they certainly could've played in Gainesville on Saturday night or Sunday. People travel to games in Columbia too and they draw nearly as many fans as they do at Florida.

What's also interesting is that they managed to play games in Raleigh, Chapel Hell, and Winston-Salem on Saturday, although I would argue that they should've moved the NCSU and tar hole games up to Friday night to avoid the worst of it.

I'm shocked to see an SEC team playing on the road outside of the sunbelt region. Kudos to Mississippi State.

Random thoughts about Louisville last night. David polluck was on russillo and label yesterday and was sort of trashing the PAC 12. Said how can you excuse a close win at Arizona and put Washington above Louisville. Well how can you excuse that performance against duke at home? He also , somehow turned washingtons sack numbers against them saying they don't blitz and you cant beat Louisville without blitzing, which makes absolutely no sense to me just because a team hasn't blitzed so far this season because they don't have to doesn't mean they can't.

Random thoughts about Louisville last night. David polluck was on russillo and label yesterday and was sort of trashing the PAC 12. Said how can you excuse a close win at Arizona and put Washington above Louisville. Well how can you excuse that performance against duke at home? He also , somehow turned washingtons sack numbers against them saying they don't blitz and you cant beat Louisville without blitzing, which makes absolutely no sense to me just because a team hasn't blitzed so far this season because they don't have to doesn't mean they can't.

There is a class of idiot who believe that college football belongs to the states south of the Mason-Dixon. Nobody else really matters.

Now that CU is relevant again, my Saturdays are back to how they're supposed to be: rooting against every ranked team and against teams in the South based on how close to they are to the 1st place Buffs.

There is a class of idiot who believe that college football belongs to the states south of the Mason-Dixon. Nobody else really matters.
He is usually an awesome analyst so I was shocked. People can talk **** about washingtons schedule all they want but they still played 10 power five conference teams. Hard to predict how good or bad Rutgers will be when they schedule the game

Pollack(sp?) is an idiot. He thought that having Condoleezza Rice on the playoff committee was a bad idea because she's ... *gasp* ... a WOMAN! So what could she possibly know about football? Fact is she probably knows more about it than he does.

He is usually an awesome analyst so I was shocked. People can talk **** about washingtons schedule all they want but they still played 10 power five conference teams. Hard to predict how good or bad Rutgers will be when they schedule the game

Lots of these guys are east coast based. They start at 8:00am EST and by the time the PAC games are on they are either tuned out or asleep. They perpetuate the arguments that the west is weak and when they hear it often enough they believe it.

Need Texas Tech to get WVU out of our way. Can't believe this is only WVU's 5th game. Their fans are discussing playoffs since they're 4-0 (by the skin of their teeth).

Pollack(sp?) is an idiot. He thought that having Condoleezza Rice on the playoff committee was a bad idea because she's ... *gasp* ... a WOMAN! So what could she possibly know about football? Fact is she probably knows more about it than he does.

Her being a woman has nothing to do with it. But she has never worked in athletics. I think she's a good choice in terms of it being good to have someone who has integrity it would be hard to question, but there are better choices. If I could wave a magic wand, I'd want someone like Tony Dungy in charge of that committee. No one would question the fairness of the process or the football acumen of someone like that.

Her being a woman has nothing to do with it. But she has never worked in athletics.

From her interview with Stewart Mandel when she was named to the committee.

Word of Rice's appointment leaked a couple of weeks earlier and was met by a wave of backlash. On the Oct. 5 broadcast of ESPN's College GameDay, host Chris Fowler asked analyst David Pollack, "So no woman belongs on the committee, then?" Pollack answered, "You said that ... I'll say it, yeah. Yeah." Former Auburn coach Pat Dye said on a radio show, "All [Rice] knows about football is what somebody told her. ... To understand football, you've got to play with your hand in the dirt." Birmingham columnist Kevin Scarbinksy wrote that Rice had "no business" being on the committee because "college football has never been how she's made a living."

On a conference call announcing her selection, Rice, 58, a Birmingham, Ala., native and daughter of a football coach, described herself as "a student of the game." I conducted this interview with her shortly after the call.
SI.com: What role did you play in athletics during your time as provost?

Rice: At Stanford, athletics actually reports for its operations to the provost -- so athletic facilities, athletic budgets, issues of compliance. I actually hired Ty Willingham to be Stanford's football coach after Bill Walsh stepped down [in 1994]. It was actually not the first time I'd been involved in the hiring of a football coach. Back in 1988, I sat on a committee with a very small number of people that hired Denny Green, including doing interviews with all the major finalists, among whom was Pete Carroll, for instance. He was one of the people we had serious interviews with in 1988.

So I've been at this for a long time from the inside administration of the game, but I'm also someone who is a student of the game and loves the game, and I'm so excited to be a part of college football ... I'll do everything I can to put in the work to be as fair as humanly possible.

The entire interview is worth reading ... it's not long.

Pat Dye is stupid. So is Pollack. There are a number of successful college football coaches who never even played college football (though I think they all at least played in high school). But "having had your hand in the dirt" has about zero relation to your ability to determine the 4 most worthy teams. Some perspective from understanding the game and evaluating teams the way other coaches would is important, but not whether someone played in college or has a y chromosome.

I didn't know that Condee had been heavily involved in the hiring of coaches at Stanford and was the daughter of a coach. Seems fine to me. Thanks for sharing the info.

I didn't know that Condee had been heavily involved in the hiring of coaches at Stanford and was the daughter of a coach. Seems fine to me. Thanks for sharing the info.

No sweat ... the only reason I remembered Pollack saying that is that I was watching Gameday that day and remarking to myself how monumentally stupid it was. I think it took Fowler aback quite a bit also.

Pat Dye is stupid. So is Pollack. There are a number of successful college football coaches who never even played college football (though I think they all at least played in high school). But "having had your hand in the dirt" has about zero relation to your ability to determine the 4 most worthy teams. Some perspective from understanding the game and evaluating teams the way other coaches would is important, but not whether someone played in college or has a y chromosome.

The hand in the dirt comment is ridiculous.

It's like saying a doctor can't be an Oncologist unless he or she has had cancer. For a long time my wife's obgyn was a male. He had never had a period much less been pregnant but he was one of the best anywhere.

To me somebody like Rice makes a lot of sense. She isn't going to be locked into all the accepted notions (SEC superiority, big name schools, big name coaches, etc) like someone who is in it so deep they can't see the forest for the trees.

Frankly I'd much rather though that she be the GOP nominee for president about now. It would make it much easier for me to feel good about my vote. (sorry for wandering into politics.)

Has K-State been hurt that badly by the new Juco rules or is Snyder just getting old and slipping.

Sooners have a lot of talent but KjSU doesn't look like what we are used to seeing from them.

If K State had any sort of passing game then Oklahoma would be in serious trouble. KSU switched QBs at half, so I'm sure Darth Snyder is seeing the same thing I am.

If K State had any sort of passing game then Oklahoma would be in serious trouble. KSU switched QBs at half, so I'm sure Darth Snyder is seeing the same thing I am.

Balanced against that OU has flat missed some plays like dropping a wide open TD that would have blown this game wide open.

Clemson fumbles on the way into the endzone, trying real hard to piss away this game and any shot at the CFP.

#20 WVU up 24-7 at TT.

Pitt 35 Virginia 28 at half. Virginia showing why getting cute at the end of the half instead of running out the clock can be deadly.

That's the 3rd time that Clemson has failed in or near the red zone today - 2 fumbles lost and a failed 4th-down conversion at the 1 yard line.

Back