1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Games, Weekend of 10/29-31

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by MtnBuff, Oct 29, 2015.

1. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Little late this week with the thread.
    Thursday night games have North Carolina beating (23) Pitt 20-3 at Half and (5) TCU off to a fast start against WVU 17-7 in the 2nd quarter.

The only match of top 23 teams this week is (9) Notre Dame at (21) Temple. Love to see the Irish lose but I don't think Temple has it in them.

Interesting match ups include struggling Auburn against a very up and down (19) Ole Miss team.

Want to see how USC responds against Cal after last weeks loss.

Not many other PAC games that catch my eye, not many overall in fact this weekend.

Don't even see a great chance for the team we love to hate to lose another one in the B1G playing a weak Purdue team.

Locally we have
    AFA on the Islands against Hawaii, The Sheep hosting San Diego State, and Wyoming going to an unpredictable Utah State in a game they aren't likely to win.

In small schools Mines tries to stay alive after losing last week to CSU-Pueblo going to undefeaded Mesa. Pueblo should have little trouble traveling to 0-8 Black Hills State.

Not much excitement from other school's schedules, lets hope the Buffs make this a good weekend for us.

hokiehead likes this.
  2. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

North Carolina and Pitt each sitting with 6-1 records tells you all you need to know about ACC football, especially in this godforsaken Coastal Division. Remember who the Heels loss is to: South Carolina.

3. CUBUFF80

CUBUFF80 No Stinkin' Title Club Member

That UNC QB has some wheels.

4. MtnBuff

This Oregon-ASU game could be fun.

Neither team has had the season they wanted with matching 4-3 records. Both still have individual playmakers with the speed to score from anywhere on the field.

Oregon has laid some beatings on ASU in recent years so the Scumdevils may see this as there opportunity to get back.

For a change Oregon has uniforms that don't look like clown suits.

5. b3buffs

b3buffs Club Member Club Member

Never thought much of the old Scum Devil uniforms until they got Nikefied a few years ago. Good to see the old ones back for Tillman tonight.

BorrachoBuff likes this.
  6. Alfred91

Alfred91 Club Member Club Member

ASU doing their best CU impression tonight.

7. patebuff

patebuff Downgraded to half a star Club Member

Graham is the absolute worst.

8. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

this game is nuts

9. Alfred91

ASU is really ****ing themselves over.

10. Alfred91

Anyone else notice that the ref that threw the flag when it looked like Adams got hit OOB couldn't have possibly had a clear angle on it, whereas the ref who was right there didn't throw it?

Thought it was interesting that the ref who had the clearer view didn't overrule the guy who threw the flag.

Seems like it's always a bumble**** with Pac-12 referees.

11. Uncle Ken

Uncle Ken Orr no morr Club Member

Holy ****!

12. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

Wowsers.

I can't decide who I want to win. I hate both teams

13. SuperD

SuperD Club Member Club Member

Gotta love classic #Pac12AfterDark action, lol.

14. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

1242 yards total offense between these two clowns. Wowzer, what a shootout. Makes me feel better about CU's D.

15. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Club Member Club Member

Anyone watch the TCU-WV game? Boykin is a FREAK! His escapability is incredible. One of his runs last night ended with him running out of bounds on the WV sidelines and Dana Holgerson actually high fived him, and just shook his head at what he'd seen.

16. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

The announcers even said "That play was stupid". What can Holgerson do there other than acknowledge he is seeing.

17. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

After sitting up till 12:30am (sorry Dudes on east coast - don't know how you do it) watching a very entertaining game between 2 schools I can barely tolerate. I agree with the Pac coaches saying these games are to late. The latest they should kick off is 7pm. Should really be about 6ish... I am going on 3 hours sleep. How many fans finally just turned it off? or just fell asleep? Was a good game. Really did not care who won, hate em both. That was the first time I was impressed by Adams. asu should have ran the damn ball - Balage up the middle would have been my call.

18. Alfred91

I turned it off in the 4th.

ASU choked.

19. MtnBuff

Looked like another case of a coach outsmarting himself. "We are going to throw the ball and do this stuff because it is how I designed the offense."

It looked like the Oregon defense was gassed. Every time that ASU ran between the tackles on first or second down they got positive yardage, lots of 7-8 yard gains. When they got in trouble was when a pass didn't work and they were off schedule and had to keep passing.

20. CUBUFF80

CUBUFF80 No Stinkin' Title Club Member

Me too, went to sleep at 34-34.

14er likes this.
  21. Uncle Ken

Uncle Ken Orr no morr Club Member

I shut it down at 2 a.m. at the end of regulation.

22. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

Really both offenses screwed themselves. ASU should have just kept running it, but they decide to pass on first and goal from about the 3 or 4 yard line 3 straight? WTF?

Throw in that UO decides to go Wildcat on 3rd and goal and the guy drops the snap? It honestly just seems like that combo is constantly trying to show how creative and cute they are. Anyone see the UO QB try to do a 180 degree turn and throw a screen? Could have been pick 6.

What was the stupid play where the Ducks try to pass after a pitch - they tried this to both sides and the result was awful both times???? Vernon Adams was 10x better at EWU (against competition like Oregon). With a lot less trick plays.

Helfrich/Frost seem more interested in being cute than sticking with a game plan.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
    BuffUp likes this.
  23. MtnBuff

You are completely correct. Both staffs deserved to lose that game.

It seems like sometimes coaches forget that the game is about the players, not the coaches. They are bound and determined to prove that they are smarter or that their "system" is what wins games.

When you look at the guys who have had a lot of success, Meyer, Saban, even guys like Jimbo Fischer and others, they have their systems but they adjust the system to the talent they have and what is working. They don't try to force things just because that is what they do.

If I have averaged 8 yards a play on seven consecutive running plays you can be pretty sure that play number 8 and 9 are going to be one of those running plays that I just ran. Keep doing it until they stop you instead of getting cute and stopping yourself.

The only exception to this is if the opponent adjust to the point that an alternative play has a ridiculously high percentage chance of succeeding that I can't pass it up. I'm not going to go to some gadget play that can blow up in my face.

24. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

and asu blitzed heavy all night, then quit sending pressure during that last series or two in OTx3 agree with the our staff is smarter then yours comment.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  25. patebuff

patebuff Downgraded to half a star Club Member

Any time Graham loses is a good thing. He is becoming my most hated coach in all of sports.

26. Alfred91

You know you're a true college football degenerate when you're watching Wyo at Utah St on a Friday night.

Wyo has two very good players. One on offense, and one on defense. They have absolutely nothing else.

How bad must it suck to be a Wyoming football fan anymore? At least we see a glimmer of light at the end on the tunnel. Wyoming is down and will probably never get back up.

27. TDbuff

TDbuff Club Member Club Member

Ohio St. is off this weekend, so J.T. Barrett took the opportunity to get busted for DUI last night.

28. Jens1893

Jens1893 Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Props to JT for testing Urb's resolve straight away

29. Jens1893

Full video of Meyer with O'Reilly this week.

Cardale Jones is the guy who picked JT up and gave him a ride home.

30. Jens1893