What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games weekend of 9/22-9/24

Kent State on the board!!! The comeback starts right now.

and Colo St. with a 29 yard play on a fake punt to cling to life.

This is going to be 2 top 10 wins for Wiscy in their first 4 games, while going 4-0. Best resume in college football so far? They probably are the most deserving of a top 5 ranking but won't get it.

This is going to be 2 top 10 wins for Wiscy in their first 4 games, while going 4-0. Best resume in college football so far? They probably are the most deserving of a top 5 ranking but won't get it.

Oh, I'm pretty sure they'll get it. Going into E. Lansing and obliterating a Sparty team that manhandled ND in their house will grab some attention.

Pedo State just learned the hard way the same lesson I tried to teach our STs last week ... "whatever you do ... do not ... DO NOT ... kick to Jabrill Peppers!"

Pedo State just learned the hard way the same lesson I tried to teach our STs last week ... "whatever you do ... do not ... DO NOT ... kick to Jabrill Peppers!"
I echo that sentiment. You definitely don't kick a freaking line drive right to his ass.

UVA answers. 35-28. Go Hoos!

49-28 final. It's a step in the right direction, this is a bowl caliber CMU squad. However, outside of Duke, Wake and maybe an unsuspecting home upset like a UNC it's hard to find possible W's. Hard to see more than 3-9ish

USC has a lot of talent but Helton lacks any sign of leadership. He hired buddies as assistants instead of going out and finding the best. I would say right now the odds are that Helton will be gone at the end of the year. They have really suffered from lack of a good AD for a long time. The approach has been to hire former football stars to be the AD - the AD is a high level manager position not a PR position.

What the hell is a "Hoo" and how in the world is that in any way associated with Virginia Cavaliers?

Legend has it that Washington & Lee baseball fans dubbed the Virginia players "Wahoos" during the fiercely contested rivalry that existed between the two in-state schools in the 1890s. By 1940, "Wahoos" was in general use around Grounds to denote University students or events relating to them. The abbreviated "Hoos" sprang up later in student newspapers and has gained growing popularity in recent years.

Also supposedly a fish that can drink twice its weight.

You'll never hear a true UVA fan say something like "Go Cavaliers!" or "Go Cavs". You can always spot who those familiar with UVA are by that lingo. It's "Go Hoos" as the greeting.

The fan dress pattern in Tennessee is cool. Impressive. That takes a lot of good communication and fans willing to follow direction.

Legend has it that Washington & Lee baseball fans dubbed the Virginia players "Wahoos" during the fiercely contested rivalry that existed between the two in-state schools in the 1890s. By 1940, "Wahoos" was in general use around Grounds to denote University students or events relating to them. The abbreviated "Hoos" sprang up later in student newspapers and has gained growing popularity in recent years.

Okay ... so what hell is a "Wahoo"?

I ask as one who has a nephew who went to W&L (as did his wife) ... it would make for a nice conversation topic at our next family reunion.

Also as one who had UVa as his first choice many moons ago. They wait-listed me ... so **** them. :p

As much as I hate to say it ... Pedo State just got jobbed by another atrocious "targeting" call.

Okay ... so what hell is a "Wahoo"?

I ask as one who has a nephew who went to W&L (as did his wife) ... it would make for a nice conversation topic at our next family reunion.

Also as one who had UVa as his first choice many moons ago. They wait-listed me ... so **** them. :p

Wahoo is a fish

Back